Stray Fawn Community

Niche Anatomy Headcanons

I imagine, based on how thin and weak their back legs look, they move similarly to bunnies in that their front legs can move independently but they move their back legs together, and that the reason bearyenas can move faster than nichelings with all the bearyena genes is simply because their bodies are larger and more accustomed to the strong, heavy limbs and head. 
I also imagine they communicate in a combination of vocalisations and body language, and their language is still much more advanced than say, dogs and cats, but not nearly as complex as human speech. 

add yours :3

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Oh, I forgot to add— I feel weird drawing them like cats because well, they’re not cats. They’re leaner, they have longer legs and heads, etc. I still use cats and dogs as references though ^^;;

also, do you personally see the gems as part of their anatomy, or just an in-game visual? I kind of see them as both, I spose. It’s hard to imagine them realistically, but it’s also hard to imagine a nicheling without them, so I tend to imagine that they’re kind of a similar material as horns, and that they grow from the chest gradually and turn different colours or are painted with plant juice or whatever. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 2:29 PM, CanDLinkZz said:

Oh, I forgot to add— I feel weird drawing them like cats because well, they’re not cats. They’re leaner, they have longer legs and heads, etc. I still use cats and dogs as references though ^^;;

also, do you personally see the gems as part of their anatomy, or just an in-game visual? I kind of see them as both, I spose. It’s hard to imagine them realistically, but it’s also hard to imagine a nicheling without them, so I tend to imagine that they’re kind of a similar material as horns, and that they grow from the chest gradually and turn different colours or are painted with plant juice or whatever. 

Yeah I feel like the gems would be part of them, made of the stuff horns are made of. Because without the gems they wouldn't really look like nichelings lmao.

I think otherwise, gems are not part of them. I think Philo once said the gems were an UI feature rather than part of them, and that's why in the old game art they did not have them. But everyone was drawing them like that so it stuck?

My Niche-inspired OCs dont have gems for example, tho they have a badge as a reference to them that serves to denote their rank in their scifi world

• Paw up 1