Stray Fawn Community

Heat/Cold: Heatsink and stuff...

STM

With the new feature "Heat/Cold" incoming we need some sort of Cooling/Heating so modules don't overheat and burn into crisps or freeze to death.

A fire extinguisher could help if something is already on fire, should use energy.

Heatsinks can cool nearby modules in a small circle. (passive) Maybe add a fan to increase the effect. (active, energy)

A peltier-element to cool one side and heat the other. (active) Probably only useful on the outer side of the drone...

Armorparts can be used as some sort of a buffer, but after they have reached a given temperature they melt/freeze too.

Shields that protects against heat or cold. Probalby not both at the same time, so it can be set  with a slider or even with logic.

Logic to set the shield accordingly would need a Temperatur sensor. Outputs if temp is over or under the set temperature.

• Like 2

1 reply to this post

I'm currently working on this.

One thing I'd like to have is heat resistant armor parts that won't heat up fast so you can protect your weaker parts by building a wall around them. One possible way for this could be to upgrade the normal blocks (or change some settings on them) instead of adding new parts.

I'm not sure yet how to do active cooling. Maybe some sort of liquid cooling could also be nice?