Stray Fawn Community

Game difficulties

Dinocanid

I've seen lots of suggestions about making the game harder, so I have a counter-suggestion:

Game difficulties that scale across all islands. For example, there could be normal mode and hard mode. Hard mode would enable things that raise the difficulty of the game (like miscarriages, weather-related sicknesses, etc.).

I mainly made this suggestion since I understand some people want more of a challenge, that's fine, but without some sort of option then the game will be more difficult for those who don't want it and probably already find the game hard. (I've had this game for over a year, and I still haven't reached hard islands in story mode)

Once players get a hang of the game and are really confident in their abilities, they can go back and take on the challenge of hard mode. Tons of other games have difficulty options, so it's not a stretch for this to have it too.

• Like 3

2 replies to this post

I think this is a good idea. It might tie in well with the challenge mode or the sandbox customisations. I understand as well that people who find the game already hard wouldn't want to play if it was even worse (and I am one of the people that wants more challenges ^^). So yeah, an option is good :)