Stray Fawn Community

Swamp Rat

Niche Beast

In the swamps there could be the possibility to find a creature called the swamp rat. Its a reptile like rat that is as big as a arctic ram fox that has 15 days of life. If it bites your one of you creatures it has a possibility of giving it a disease that would be like the cold and spread but also it can give your creature a rabies like symptom that will make it attack your other creatures but only the creature that was bit but the others it spread the sickness to will just take damage until cured. You can kill it to get food but if you get bit you have like a 40% chance to get sick. After you get bit it will be a day until you know if your sick it also gives you 5 food if you kill it and after you know if a creature is sick it will start loosing health but after 3 days of being sick the rabie like effect will kick in. There is either the option to attack your creature or before they go out of control you can find a vegetable called a swamp stem that will cure your creature. The swamp stem is a dark green color and stick out of the ground like a carrot. The swamp rat and swamp skin are found in the hard swamp. I hope you liked my suggestion.  ;D

I feel torn on this idea; on the one hand, it's very unique and I really like it. On the other hand, I feel that it might be a little overpowered. The idea that they have a chance to get your nicheling sick is really neat, but I feel like the rabies part is a bit too far. Also, the niche team seems to be a fan of making mash-up creatures; for example, the rabbils are rabbits + gerbils, and the arctic ramfoxes are rams + foxes. So maybe instead of just a rat, it could be a rat mixed with something else that lives in a swamp? I suggest either frogs or bobcats. If you mean them to be a simple prey animal, then frogs would be the better option, but if you mean them to be like bearyenas and have the chance to mate with a friendly one, then bobcats would be the better option. I also think that these creatures could move in packs like the ramfoxes!

I hope it's okay that I drew some sketches ^^

1F9D5D6EC57A70DFC814FE14B0F0A6E82388BBBE

• Like 3

I also think that a creature similar to this could be a Newtsnake! A mixture of a fire belly newt and a diamondback rattlesnake, the Newtsnake wouldn't travel in packs like I imagine the swamp rats to do, instead being found alone in the swamp. If you get within hearing range of the Newtsnake, it will make a rattling sound, and if you are within one tile of it, it will bite you. This is meant to have the same effect as a toxic berry bush to nichelings that aren't immune; the snake can't attack you and do damage, but it can poison you, which lasts until you die. Think of it as a rattling, moving toxic berry bush that will attack if you get too close. They won't actively seek out your nichelings, though; they'll only bite if you get close.

Also I think they would make a neat predator to the swamp rats! Of course, the swamp rats could fight back. I imagine the Newtsnake has a health that's a little higher than a Rabbil but not as high as a Crabbit, so it'll take more than one hit to kill.

BCD8BABBC8C410C15481DCD2514C0FE8446C3F71

• Like 1

This is such a cool idea! And I really like the frog-rat design, though to be fair the original poster did say they would be part lizard so... maybe a bearded dragon? A monitor lizard might make more sense for the disease effect though

• Like 1

This is such a cool idea! And I really like the frog-rat design, though to be fair the original poster did say they would be part lizard so... maybe a bearded dragon? A monitor lizard might make more sense for the disease effect though

I didn't see "part lizard" anywhere in the original post, though? xD

In the swamps there could be the possibility to find a creature called the swamp rat. Its a reptile like rat that is as big as a arctic ram fox that has 15 days of life. If it bites your one of you creatures it has a possibility of giving it a disease that would be like the cold and spread but also it can give your creature a rabies like symptom that will make it attack your other creatures but only the creature that was bit but the others it spread the sickness to will just take damage until cured. You can kill it to get food but if you get bit you have like a 40% chance to get sick. After you get bit it will be a day until you know if your sick it also gives you 5 food if you kill it and after you know if a creature is sick it will start loosing health but after 3 days of being sick the rabie like effect will kick in. There is either the option to attack your creature or before they go out of control you can find a vegetable called a swamp stem that will cure your creature. The swamp stem is a dark green color and stick out of the ground like a carrot. The swamp rat and swamp skin are found in the hard swamp. I hope you liked my suggestion.  ;D

Underlined the reptile bit for you.

I also think that a creature similar to this could be a Newtsnake! A mixture of a fire belly newt and a diamondback rattlesnake, the Newtsnake wouldn't travel in packs like I imagine the swamp rats to do, instead being found alone in the swamp. If you get within hearing range of the Newtsnake, it will make a rattling sound, and if you are within one tile of it, it will bite you. This is meant to have the same effect as a toxic berry bush to nichelings that aren't immune; the snake can't attack you and do damage, but it can poison you, which lasts until you die. Think of it as a rattling, moving toxic berry bush that will attack if you get too close. They won't actively seek out your nichelings, though; they'll only bite if you get close.

Also I think they would make a neat predator to the swamp rats! Of course, the swamp rats could fight back. I imagine the Newtsnake has a health that's a little higher than a Rabbil but not as high as a Crabbit, so it'll take more than one hit to kill.

BCD8BABBC8C410C15481DCD2514C0FE8446C3F71

cool idea it would also make a great addition to the game.
  • Like 1

I feel torn on this idea; on the one hand, it's very unique and I really like it. On the other hand, I feel that it might be a little overpowered. The idea that they have a chance to get your nicheling sick is really neat, but I feel like the rabies part is a bit too far. Also, the niche team seems to be a fan of making mash-up creatures; for example, the rabbils are rabbits + gerbils, and the arctic ramfoxes are rams + foxes. So maybe instead of just a rat, it could be a rat mixed with something else that lives in a swamp? I suggest either frogs or bobcats. If you mean them to be a simple prey animal, then frogs would be the better option, but if you mean them to be like bearyenas and have the chance to mate with a friendly one, then bobcats would be the better option. I also think that these creatures could move in packs like the ramfoxes!

I hope it's okay that I drew some sketches ^^

1F9D5D6EC57A70DFC814FE14B0F0A6E82388BBBE

ya i dident inted for them to be bred with but i really like the frog rat design. the only reason I think they couldent breed is that there probably to small and the art is great. And i was just wondering what you drew the art on? PS- maybe it could be frog like but still have teeth.
  • Like 1

ya i dident inted for them to be bred with but i really like the frog rat design. the only reason I think they couldent breed is that there probably to small and the art is great. And i was just wondering what you drew the art on? PS- maybe it could be frog like but still have teeth.

I used DAMuro, actually~! ^^ And I do like the frograt picture better lol