Stray Fawn Community

Stress/keybind visuals

TheLivingTrashCan

I've noticed the indicators for empty keybinds and too many parts with one anchor point, but it would be nice for a visual on those specific parts or anchor points so the player knows what still needs to be changed. Even if it's just an overlay that is toggled that shows stresses, or a number for the amount of anchor points left before instability is reached. Overall, great game and happy with the purchase, and I look forward to future updates. :) 

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

Very good point. Both are on our Radar and we have so see how we can improve the clarity and usefulness of the warnings. Thank you for pointing it out. Helps a lot! :) Thank your for the compliment ❤️ 

I'm glad that you all have been thinking about enhancing the UI more. Another good way to reduce the stress on the ships would be to allow users to reinforce positions with multiple anchor points, so you can create connected chains in the ships that anchor back to the core. But for the visuals, I think you all did a great job at leaving windows for yourselves. You can use weight maximums per drone part, or stress grading, or anchor point limits. I look forward to seeing what you all decide is best. :) 

• Like 1

The problem with having more than one connection per part is twofold. The first problem is physics. When we add more connections, the physics calculation which is already very demanding with big drones, would even be more taxing, and we want to make sure that the game is smoothly playable on most computers. The other thing is, that in earlier builds more rigid structures were less fun, everything felt very similar and also there are already a lot of games which have rigid spaceship building.

I think we might/want to add a part which makes drones more stable, but we have to balance it well :) So it's still fun and doesn't break you computer xD