Stray Fawn Community

When parent parts are destroyed, do not destroy or deactivate children of a factory or decoupler.

Lurkily

So, I stumbled on a problem recently.  I had a large drone that decoupled from the core and a factory, which flew off to hide.  Thus I could rebuild my drone, if destroyed.

My drone was big enough that I used a decoupler chain to distance it from the core.  In addition, it would deploy sub-drones that would carry ore containers to the hopper, drop into them, and once they touch down in the hopper, they would self-destruct.

Every time it did this, it was cutting off my main drone.  Finally, Entity helped me figure out why.  The decoupler that I had used to connect the body of the drone to the core fell into the hopper, and during the subdrone's self-destruct, it destroyed the parent block to ALL my drone body's blocks.  It just fell dead, a puppet with its strings cut.

So I request that the cascade of de-activation of drone parts, after the destruction of a part with children, does not cascade beyond a factory or beyond a decoupler.  Even if they're still coupled, those parts may still be fully functional.

• Like 2

2 replies to this post