Stray Fawn Community

Starting state on Switch and ON/OFF Switch.

Entity

9 replies to this post

2 minutes ago, Ookami-sama said:

I usually only use a NOT gate when I want to achieve such thing, so I am curious as to what would make this undesirable. What are these issues you are dealing with?

A not gate adds a 1 tick delay and that makes the event arrive too late (it must happen before another fires, so I'd have to add an IF gate to delay that by 1 tick too)

Besides it should take almost no effort at all to implement this.   and there's no reason not to implement it.  Low effort feature, saves having to use extra gates, etc.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Entity said:

Besides it should take almost no effort at all to implement this.   and there's no reason not to implement it.  Low effort feature, saves having to use extra gates, etc.

I was trying to do the same thing actually, for probably simpler reasons. It would be nice if there was an option in the switches for "start on" and "start off". Very simple... I decided to be lazy and just use a button so that its always on but now I cant turn it off if I ever needed to~

8 hours ago, unmog said:

I was trying to do the same thing actually, for probably simpler reasons. It would be nice if there was an option in the switches for "start on" and "start off". Very simple... I decided to be lazy and just use a button so that its always on but now I cant turn it off if I ever needed to~

Add a decoupler, fuel tank, button, and thruster.  Use the button to decouple, and to thrust.  Just discard the whole assembly on start, but use the fuel tank's "full" status to generate your 'game on' signal. TNT and perhaps a logic timer to detonate the decoupler, (making everything else inactive) if you don't want to risk it actuating twice.

2 hours ago, Lurkily said:

Add a decoupler, fuel tank, button, and thruster.  Use the button to decouple, and to thrust.  Just discard the whole assembly on start, but use the fuel tank's "full" status to generate your 'game on' signal. TNT and perhaps a logic timer to detonate the decoupler, (making everything else inactive) if you don't want to risk it actuating twice.

That sounds like the most complicated way to make an "on" switch :p

It's not really an 'on' switch.  It's a signal that signifies that the drone has been initiated, and which goes off only once.  I used it a while ago, on a drone from an older version.  You can probably do this with a few logic parts.  Let me think.

1. Button: Core Active
  2. XOR: Core Active/Interrupt, Game on
  3. Switch: Game on, Interrupt

So a signal signifies that the core is alive.  An XOR activates our 'game on' signal, because only ONE of two signals is activated. (Core Active)  A switch activates the "interrupt" signal with that input, and with BOTH active, the XOR stops our one-time-signal that the mission has started.

Edited by Lurkily
Tested this. It works.