Stray Fawn Community

Chip Logic / Fx

veppa_

8 replies to this post

Creates a laser?  Reads a numerical value?  Clicking logic elements in game?  (Just the idea of trying is painful, given the camera movement linked to mouse movement.) 

I'm not 100% sure you're posting for the right game.  I mean, there's stuff we can use here, but some of them seem fully inapplicable, and a great deal of them seem to be tuned for a different environment than Nimbatus provides.

Some of these already exist (the AND gate for example), other have strictly no place in Nimbatus (machine gravity is one of them). I would suggest you avoid copying from some other game and pasting here, because it could bring you harsher comments than I could warn you of. Some of them are crossing my mind right now.

I will still welcome any sort of useful and constructive request. Do try again, and good luck.

My bad. I should have been more clear in my post. I added as much suggestions as possible to spark some interest. The ones that makes sense for the game could be added to a post so people can vote on it. I don't want to seem greedy by adding all of this, never my intension.

I have mini games in mind when suggesting this. Some could be useful for the game itself.

I come from another game community and this is just some of the stuff we hade to play with. Unfortunately that game died a long time ago, and to fill this void i found this game and wanted to contrubuite with something at least.

I have more ideas for this game but my english is bad and answering is taking time. I hope you guys can understand.

I'm new here and not sure how to reply so this will do for now. 
Not sure i can say what game i took this from.

Thanks for reading and taking your time to answer.

• Like 1

Many of these already have posts extant; you should find those and add your voice there.  Those that aren't listed, it would be best to make a separate post.  This forum isn't a discussion forum but a tracking system; so the votes are here to show what ideas are popular, and the checks track completion or implementation.  A mass post isn't useful for that, but neither are duplicate posts.

Nimbatus does not feature chips that one could customise to infinity. Most of the logic available is basic hardware (from NOT to NAND, for example) and the challenge comes partly from the fact that it is limited.

I honestly do not want any sort of thing that has to do with scripting, large numbers computation, time measurement... All of these, I believe, have to stay goals for the ones who want a challenge. If you want to make a calculator ship, please go ahead and show your mastery; but making too many things available, especially in the area of logic, will most certainly kill any sort of challenge for most of the players. Well, for me, at least, because I took a class in computer sciences and can do much better than a ship in Nimbatus if I give it enough time, with languages that allow for a lot more than even your list of features would.

If there is one particular feature you find missing in Nimbatus and you believe would be a relevant addition to it, then by all means, propose and defend it; but I cannot agree with your missing features from another game that hardly has any connection to this one and wanting to see them again. Some game died, you miss it, that I understand: I was declared persona non grata myself on a game I practically saved from oblivion, and saw all my accounts banned permanently. A real witch hunt it was. Still, this game was not Nimbatus nor any other I have played since then, and it is not possible for me to play it any more, however much I would like to.

Inhale, exhale, do something else you enjoy, move on. Nimbatus is a fine game already, even while in Alpha, and it would be for the best in a number of ways if it vastly stayed as it is now.

• Like 1