Stray Fawn Community

Some Simple Feedback, and an idea

LittleSquarePig

Hello, Great game overall. I think it has loads of potential, as I'm sure you've heard plenty of times before.

Now, an idea that may improve the game, well an idea... ;):

You could have a 'creative' mode (somewhat anyway) where you can kind of design your own weapons as in changes there stats (energy usage, recoil, number of shots, etc.). I think that this could be a fun idea ( obviously, you should probably warn people if they turn the stats to high (+ or -) it has the potential to lag/crash the game, etc. or you could even set limits, if you want to.

Anyway, great game, and I'm sorry if you don't like the idea and/or have already heard it. 

I'd be interested in seeing a weapon design much like a drone design - damage blocks and range blocks and special blocks for homing or cluster, etc.  a weapon 'core' for basic attributes; rarity, tier, type, ammo.

It would be nifty if you could make enormous ships built entirely around a massive weapon that you designed yourself.

I'm thinking more along the line of modular weapon builds.  Open up a weapon mod interface, and you have a build area the shape of a weapon graphic.  (semi-conical for a laser, a hemisphere for an emitter, etc.)  In this area, you can fit tetromino-shaped pieces with different functions.(Range/projectile lifetime, fire rate, damage, weapon mods.)  Maybe a unique, immobile piece in each weapon to determine ammo/weapon type. (Long-beam bio laser, or plasma bullet gun.)  If you want to increase a weapon's size, you can increase the area to cram components into the weapon, along with increasing energy draw, mass, etc.

Each weapon can expand in different directions, on a different scale.  Emitters can go from 1x1 to 2x2.  Guns can go to 2x1, then 4x2, 8x3, etc.  Lasers increase in a straight line - 1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1, etc.

So far we don't have a lot of engineering challenges; I'd like to see the potential for unusual shapes and scales of components, and weapons that can scale up but only in certain dimensions might help fulfill that a little.