Stray Fawn Community

Moveable core or radius in sumo drones.

ManTheMister

The 50m radius for sumo drones shouldn’t be permanently centered on the drone core. If you could move the ring (or the core), then that would allow for a wider variety of sumo designs. Namely, I want my detachable bits to be centered and my core to be at the back of the 50m ring or the core to be offset so that I could make a railgun through the center of the ring (which wouldn’t be very effective, but I like railguns).

5 replies to this post

32 minutes ago, Lurkily said:

So in short, you'd like cameras to be effective again?  (Just not the opponent's cameras?)  I'm not sure I understand.

no, I want to be able to move the core around inside of the 50m radius that is required for sumo drones while editing, instead of the core always being in the middle of the circle. The drones would still have a radius of 50m, it just wouldn't necessarily be centered on the core, allowing me to have a hole through the center of the drone for a railgun, which is impossible right now because the core is in the way.

Ooooooooooooh.  

A full 50M reach might enable you to put yourself or components (Like magnets) much closer to the enemy at the start, though; I don't play enough Sumo to know off the top of my head how much of a problem that might be.

46 minutes ago, Lurkily said:

Ooooooooooooh.  

A full 50M reach might enable you to put yourself or components (Like magnets) much closer to the enemy at the start, though; I don't play enough Sumo to know off the top of my head how much of a problem that might be.

The drone’s starting position would be relative to the center of the 50m radius instead of the core. At least that’s how it works in my mind.