Stray Fawn Community

Multiplayer/co-op gameplay

derpy2003pb

It would be very cool if there was some sort of multiplayer gameplay. Because this would go against the main ideas and gameplay of the current game, there would be something like a multiplayer game option button on the game's home screen. The multiplayer/co-op game would have different missions, different adventures, and all in all, it would be more fun because players could play with friends. Also, there could be 1v1 friend battles. Please vote this idea to get it approved. Thanks!

• Like 1

11 replies to this post

Co-op already exists, somehow. Craft a drone on each side of your core, give them different controls, detach them using decouplers at the start of the mission, and tadaam, you have one drone for each player. Granted, you will need to stick relatively close together because of the camera.

Seriously enough: I do not quite see what multiplayer (beside battles, which are planned) could bring to the game experience. Would you collect ore with friends? Build drones with friends? Pick up hazardous barrels of Weirdness Inc. Luminescent Goo (WILGoo for short)? I can see a sort of double queen of the hill kind of mission, but that is about it. Any clue as to what these adventures might be?

All multiplayer is asynchronous, and local splitscreen multiplayer feels . . . not like a lot of fun.  Missions currently are not built to reward teamwork much, except maybe lava geysers.  Missions would have to be built to accomodate co-op, but then those missions would not reward single player gaming.

Any idea as to what these could be would perhaps spark a light of interest in the eyes of the next developer who sees this, or any member of this community eager enough to support it with all their heart. As it stands, and perhaps because I have very few friends with whom I would play this sort of game (... one, perhaps?), I have trouble to see a way this could be enticing.

maybe there could be like missions where its like hide and seek? or see who can survive the longest w/out taking any damage? capture the snake egg or meteor dodgeball? asteroid mazes? space station defense? etc.

stuff like that. I just wanna be able to play the game with friends, OK?

• Like 1