Stray Fawn Community

Enemy difficulty change over time.

ManTheMister

Right now, the planets in galaxy 3 and galaxy 7 are about the same difficulty.

I think that planets should get more difficult as you progress in the campaign. One way to do this would be to make the enemies stronger.

This would only work if the things available to the player also got better throughout the campaign as well.

3 replies to this post

I'm all for this, but I think more will be needed, too.  I think more challenging missions, some bossfights (battles against player combat-arena bots ranked progressively higher), and more is needed.  Every attempt to scale difficulty has to either end, (for instance, eventually you'll always fight the #1 ranked combat bot,) or be mathematical in its progression, but I think just scaling damage and HP as you go isn't enough to keep it interesting. 

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on this; I'm all for it of course, provided there is more going on.  We here have been kind of 'painting inside the lines' in a lot of our suggestions, but I suspect the devs might have some ideas they're keeping under wraps regarding the game's evolution that will also change the parameters of what makes sense.

• Like 1