Stray Fawn Community

Ability to reabsorb fetuses or How to end the reign of the rogue males

mhiahia

So lately, I've been reading Watership Down, and there it is often mentioned that does can reabsorb their unborn kittens, if the conditions aren't the best. I remembered that rats can do that to, and (according to the internet) even cats have this ability. They do this (reabsorbing the fetuses) if there’s too much danger to raise them (excessive population, not enough food, too many predators around).

So, this thing exists in nature - how would it be in niche?

I don't know what type of gene it would be, I imagine it along the lines of the blood clotting gene, and not as a body part. Maybe you guys have a good idea?

Now, how would you obtain it? Well, since it makes rogue males look like idiots, since you can just reabsorb the unwanted baby, I think that your tribe has to suffer the full rogue male curse first. Meaning, that your females not only have to get pregnant - but they have to give birth to the babies. I'd say that about 50 rogue male babies will have to get born if you want to obtain the gene.

So, tell me what you think about this idea.

• Like 1

1 reply to this post

I do like these ideas, but niche is also meant for children, with quite some parents being staunch pro-life supporters. I know it's a videogame, but many wouldn't buy it with "unfriendly" content. It's an amazing idea, but bad for sales.

The console command to remove unwanted pregnancy is good enough for me. If not that, changing a rogue males gender will neutralise the threat and shorten their lifespan. Not too realistic, I know, but one can pretend it's here.