Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 010: Bone Armour (something different)

Biogamer

I've decided that every 10 gene idea will be something different than the good old fashion animals. So thanks to a friend of mine, he gave me this idea. The idea of scavenge fangs, this would be obtained by killing 50 prey items (e.g. Rabbils) and cracking 50 times (doesn't have to be bones). The effects would be +3 smelling (makes sense), +2 scavenge, which will be mentioned later and +1 cracking (if a scavenger couldn't crack bones it really doesn't do it's job that well). This could mean things like cracker jaw and nimble finger now could help with something new. Though first I should explain how cracking will help, when any animal dies (lifespan or hunted) they would leave skeletons, which is good because tons of people want this idea of scavenging and bones. So scavenging would increase the amount of food collected from skeletons, whilst cracking of course breaks through the bone.

Next would be the scavenge paw, which would be scavenging 50 times, the effects would be +2 scavenge, +2 collecting and +1 cracking. Now the next gene would be the bone body, which would be obtained by receiving 30 attacks and scavenging 30 times. The effects will be +1 defence, +1 scavenge and +1 bone collecting. The effect bone collecting will alloy a nicheling to collect extra bones to add defence. Though the way to nerve this is that the bones will only last 3 days or if a predator attacks the said nicheling.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

• Like 1

2 replies to this post

Being able to crack bones open to get more food from carcasses would be great. The scavenging ability doesn't really make sense though, eating meat that's been dead a few days cant be any harder than eating meat that's just been killed. I also don't think that new genes are necessary, as things like the cracker jaw and nimble fingers would be perfectly fine for cracking open bones. Im also not too taken by the body, it sounds like something out of a sci-fi film.I'm pretty sure no animals are able to use bones as armour in real life