Stray Fawn Community

I also want critisism

Magicmoonss

It's actually pretty hard to figure out what's wrong with your own drawings.

Here's some fairly recent drawings that seem wrong, but I can't tell what. Any help would be appreciated.

Family.thumb.png.6ab641f451c3971dead3bbd81ea43f1f.png

Fight.thumb.png.8144e762bdd08ca1ac81e5544acbf1c6.png

3.Gaurdian.thumb.gif.64f10106a4bb2f4f86835da9ada6cac4.gif

4.840110532_IllumanitNicheling.png.8306f6f4b84a70015b912f59e07bc7cf.png

I love your colours and outlines! I wonder if some of the issue is the elbows and wrists? That's definitely what stands out the most for me as glaringly wrong if that makes sense? It almost looks like they have human elbows. If you look at photos of cats and dogs, you can see how their elbow looks kind of high up their leg and then you have the wrist and paw?

Especially with felines (which is what I think of with the general body shape of nichelings) the front leg joints have an element of roundness to them like this cat stepping forward (hopefully that link works)  and if you look at this cat about to take a bat at the plastic frog you can see how the elbow is held in quite close to the body and it's the wrist and the paw doing most of the work?

If you can, I've found it really helpful for my drawing to watch how my cat moves and think about the joints and muscles that go into that kind of movement. You can also watch videos of foxes or wolves or dogs, whatever base you most think of when it comes to nichelings.

I hope that helps some!

• Like 3