Stray Fawn Community

My First Playthrough [Sandbox]

Speedyscout

NOTE: This is one of my first times playing, but please do NOT give me any tips or advice -- I want to learn this game on my own! And plus, you can laugh at me when I fail. xD 

I didn't take screenshots at first, so let's recap:

I started off with a male and female Nicheling of different immunities so they could breed. I customized them slightly (ex. gave male hammer tail) but not too much. They had several children and survived for quite long, etc. They were still alive when I started taking screenshots, so:20200829080907_1.jpg.881cc9567a9df8743feb08b174975f38.jpg

The grey-brown Nicheling with gold spots is my starter female, Simesi. The one with red fur and hammer tail in the water was my starter male, Embrion. The grey one was another female, and I think her baby was with Embrion. The grey-brown one near Simesi is her son with Embrion, Nupri, and the red one (stunned by a coconut, for like 5 days) was Elrela, their daughter.The red-and-white baby was Duknuta and I loved him! Later, Simesi and Embrion had Analore, and exact clone of Elrela (black + redbrown fur, HI and C immunity, no pattern, blue eyes, swimming tail -- even the same paws, just switched around.) Ebrion and Simesi died, Elrela finally got un-coconut-stunned, and Duknuta grew up.

20200829082057_1.thumb.jpg.802ba62ec2726d3363bcd2e50b2e23fd.jpg

They traveled inland and Nupri and Elrela had Roku (they were siblings, OOPS. Luckily he didn't have bad immunity--) and met Mere, a wandering female who they invited to join. The six nichelings then traveled to a new island. Here there are when they get there. The new ones are Roku - the dark brown "teen" white paler mane -- and Mere, the red-and-white female with spiky body. Elrela and Analore are at the front and Nupri and Duknuta are on the left and right at the back.20200829083215_1.jpg.6c2505703a9692c88a9a9cd3d128f469.jpg

They headed further inland. I tried to breed Mere and Duknuta, and discovered, joy of joys, that Mere was almost entirely infertile with only 1 fertility. I hadn't thought to check when I invited her and now we had a great-gened Nicheling... who basically couldn't breed. I was not happy. Anyway, they traveled further inland. Elrela passed away, as she'd been the oldest and the first offspring of my starters. Mere and Analore were ambushed by a Bearyena, which attacked Analore before either could react. Duknuta came over and they managed to kill it together, especially with the help of Mere's spiky body. which I couldn't breed to get

20200829084936_1.jpg.a6de79b4e718812d686519dae5bc8627.jpg

While the Nichelings headed to leave the island, Nupri passed away from old age, leaving Analore (who was injured from the Bearyena attack) as the only second-gen survivor besides Duknuta. (He, too, was injured.) They left the island and traveled to a new one, but it was small and offered little in the way of other Nichelings, so they headed to leave. They had to make a sad choice of leaving Duknuta behind, as he was fairly old and injured and didn't have long to live. Now Analore, Roku and Mere were the only ones left in new and unfamiliar territory.

20200829085725_1.jpg.447629b6a161502057031f2f61ab257d.jpg

They struck off inland and discovered the island was large and wild. There were toxic berries, which they had to avoid, but they also found a healing plant for the injured Analore to eat, returning some 4 days to her life span. Later, they discovered a disused nest, and suddenly a shadow fell over them. Looking up, they saw a large bird of prey circling overhead. Just then, there was a rustling in the grasses and wanderer male, Vannu, emerged. They invited him to join (finally, new immunities!) and he and Mere managed, despite the latter's near-infertility, to have a baby. Poor Donlur, a red-and-white Nicheling like his mother, was born beneath the shadow of the bluebird's wings. Later, they met a male named Dukvun (similar to Duknuta) but didn't invite him, as he had no particularly useful traits.20200829090653_1.thumb.jpg.2f0938373436f680c4a1b792900af4c2.jpg

And to make matters worse for the small group, they caught the scent of a mother bearyena and her cub lurking uncomfortably close to Mere and the newborn Donlur. Not only that, but Mere is close to dying from old age, and the rest of the group probably isn't much better off -- except Donlur, a few-day-old baby, who'll be snatched up by the bluebird the second it gets a chance. Yep, this playthrough is quite possibly doomed, but I'm glad I've gotten this far. When I play more I'll add to this, and let's see how long I last.. :'D 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Continuing the Story: PART 2

20200830091556_1.thumb.jpg.0d32cbbbd3a24ab11877174264cd8593.jpg

Well, we're off to a good start. Donlur is about to be attacked by a Bearyena with a Bluebird overhead, and Mere just died. Just. Great. Donlur leaves the nest to get to a safer spot and Vannu comes in to protect him, while Roku heads over from gathering berries to help as well. No one is badly hurt and the two adults defeat the Bearyena -- food, and a safe Donlur! This is going better. They head further inland and find themselves in a swampy area, where they see another bluebird.

20200830092207_1.jpg.2cd9d54e26567d0f806e53689c03fb75.jpg

Luckily, Donlur is an adult by now, so it poses no threat. Less luckily, all of them are males and there are no wanderers in sight. Let's hope they find a female soon. But instead of a female, the next Nicheling they meet is a rogue male who's sick. He manages Donlur/Vannu (can't remember which) sick. Roku passes away from old age, but fortunately whoever got sick is healed by now. They meet a friendly bear, and then they find Taanais - a female with double immunity, so she's sick, but a female at least! They invite her to the tribe and keep their distance so they aren't infected. They also meet a really funky blind rogue male.

20200830092752_1.jpg.a93e9acc1f9522d7fca3f185211fdf54.jpg

Vannu and Taanais breed, but unfortunately this manages to get Vannu sick. However, Taanais has a baby - a blind Nicheling and my current favorite from the entire playthrough. His random name is Nolurvan and I seriously love him! He's my first blind Nicheling and I think it's actually pretty cool, though a bit annoying if he's on his own. Vannu dies from old age, and the remaining three go to travel to a new island. Taanais and Donlur breed to have Dukvanta just before Taanais passes away. Now we're stuck with three males again, all of them related... Great.

The three head inland and to the very close-by crossing to a new island. They arrive and discover it's an absolutely huge, swampy-looking island.

20200830094849_1.thumb.jpg.6901c8158a4646c9d4852866f4c02e93.jpg

They decide to explore, as there isn't much else to do. Donlur dies of old age and now we have two related males, one of them blind, as the only Nichelings on a huge and probably dangerous island... it just gets better and better. They see ANOTHER bluebird overhead, which doesn't worry them too much. Then they meet Isanaana, a cool spotted, ram-horned female. They invite her to the tribe and Dukvanta breeds with her. The result is Lurnu, an adorable spiky-bodied Nicheling... And he's an albino, which is really cool! They continue moving and find a hot spring among the grasses, which Nolurvan tests out. Then they meet the really amazing Dondon -- a black wanderer male with one wing! However, they're running short on food and decide not invite him as besides his wing, he isn't the most beneficial Nicheling.

20200830100324_1.thumb.jpg.67f88038b7f7ba4364f4236c23032c8c.jpg

After that, because I can't catch a break, another Bluebird pitches up. Dukvanta quickly goes to protect Lurnu, who was alone and thus undefended. The Nichelings move further inland. They find a river where a rogue male gets Isanaana pregnant, and then she meets Kara - an EPIC big-bodied Nicheling who is possibly Isanaana's sister or something, as they have the same immunity genes. They don't invite Kara, though, as they're really low on food. Lurnu becomes an adult and they move down to the beach, where Donduk, son of the rogue male, is born. 

20200830100954_1.thumb.jpg.d0a2d5570a7a4d5c64766cf476c43e58.jpg

20200830101214_1.thumb.jpg.8448737235d19d0a9ecda8cd1ef0b522.jpg

Nolurvan, sadly, dies of old age (noo, my favorite!) but not before he mates with Isanaana (she just can't get a break -- that's what happens when you're literally the only female!) Then, at the crossing to the next island, a Bearyena ambushes them. They kill it, but unfortunately Dukvanta dies of old age and hunger damage (they'd been without food for one night recently).

The remaining three Nichelings cross to the next island, and that's where I left off to take a break. Two males and a female, but all related, alone on a new island, and running low on food -- this tribe seems to be great at doing the impossible and somehow surviving against all odds, and let's hope that continues to be the case. By the way, which was your favorite Nicheling from this playthrough so far? Mine was Nolurvan, as I said, but which Nichelings did you guys like the most? Ok, that's it for now, so yeah. Let's hope this tribe manages to cling on a bit longer!! ❤️ 

20200830102000_1.thumb.jpg.d914427e0ead44d26bcf8751e33cd9e9.jpg

they're all derps

Edited by Speedyscout
  • Like 1

Continuing the Story: PART 3

We start almost exactly where we left off: three nichelings on a new island. Isanaana immediately goes to make a nest where she has Nolurvan's child, Prinuvan. Prinuvan is luckily not blind and he has decent stats, I think he can fish which is pretty nice.

20200831073405_1.jpg.bf5d1b8fae9b2df2354f315c2ad65f91.jpg

Shortly after, Isanaana passes away and the three half-brothers (yeah, they're all half-brothers) travel inland. They move through the grasses, searching for food and, more importantly, for wandering female nichelings they can breed with. They come to a river where someone (can't remember who) catches some fish and they get some of the riverweed stuff, and then they meet Misila -- a wandering female, just like they were hoping for. Not only that, but she looks AWESOME. 

They immediately invite her and she breeds with Danduk (son of Isanaana and the rogue male), giving birth to Anamimi -- one of the first females that's actually been born into the tribe and not a wanderer for who knows how long. Which is of course a bonus! I'll give a picture of Animimi later.

20200831074149_1.thumb.jpg.9a9808b00d63606bd26e7504fef4af6a.jpg

And, since I'm apparently lucky today, they immediately find ANOTHER great female wanderer! Reisana is a really pretty nicheling with good stats, so I invited her too and bred her with (again) Donduk, giving birth to little Donrovan. When Donrovan was old enough to travel, they left the island. Since Lurnu, Isanaana's albino son, was old and didn't have long to live, they chose to leave him behind on the island. Then they traveled onto the next island to see what awaited them.

20200831080019_1.jpg.91f40e7bd251813eb94d4ad77c27e163.jpg

On the bottom row we have Reisana, the red nichling with grey spots and the only non-derp, Prinuvan, the beige-pink Nicheling with the red mane, and Donduk, the pale nicheling with a light brown mane and red spikes. On the top row is Animimi, (daughter of Donduk and Misila) the pink-beige nicheling with red spikes, and finally, Donrovan, the yellowy and dark-brown spotted "teenage" Nicheling.

This little island was a place for growing the tribe. Reisana and Donduk had another child, a little yellow-and-white girl named Lasila. Donrovan and Animimi, though being half-siblings, had different immunity, and so they bred and had Kudonnu, a silver male with red spots. They also encountered Vanlurkir, a wandering blind male, but didn't invite him. Just before Reisana passed away, she and Donduk had one last child, the antelope-horned Melensi. Finally, all the Nichelings gathered at the way to a new island -- except for Donduk, who had also died of old age. This "port" to a new island was a strange one, being a mix of two seperate ports but right next to eachother! It made the nichelings a bit nervous they'd go somewhere they didn't want to go, but they used the port anyway. 

20200831082045_1.thumb.jpg.c053e5ec8418cc0beefcc93297a5bb54.jpg

The yellow-and-white female is Lasila, the pink-beige one at the back is Prinuvan, the one just in front of him with red spots is Kudonnu, the one at the very front with dark spots is of course Donrovan, the one semi behind the rock is Anamimi (who, by the way, is pregnant with another of Donrovan's children), and the one behind her (yes, there's one behind her who you can barely see) is Melensi, the antelope-horned girl.

They arrived to their new, HUGE island and instantly ran almost out of food. The nichelings scurried for food and Animimi gave birth to little Roduk, which didn't really assist with the food issue.

20200831082312_1.jpg.e21d4449ad81c1f10fe30d52b0ed7ea8.jpg

However, the Nichelings moved along the shore, gathering berries, fish, and any other food they could find (there was quite a diversity of traits by now, and I think insects was the only thing they couldn't eat), and soon had a decent supply of food. Lasila actually helped a LOT, having 4 gathering and 2 nutcracking! Pretty handy. 

The little tribe found a pleasant spot to stay for a while - a permanent nest, directly under an oak/acorn tree, at the shore with berry bushes around.Over time, however, the tribe started to spread out a little -- some exploring further along the shore, while others stayed beneath the oak. Namely, Lasila -- who was growing a bit old and wanted to breed to pass on her good genes -- and Kudonnu, who she could breed with.

While the other Nichelings discovered a little cove with coconuts (I hate them, they always fall on my nichelings), fish, and a permanent nest, Lasila gave birth to Kukir, followed by Lurdon -- two boys, Lurdon having a peacock tail and being my first nicheling to ever have one.

20200831083711_1.jpg.bfd7258316e430ff3ef497071c0abc4b.jpg

20200831084033_1.jpg.9e35a59d5fea5208fcde88f27569b269.jpg

Meanwhile in the cove, things weren't going too great. Anamimi had been badly stunned by a coconut when a bearyena with a cub showed up. The three nichelings who could fight -- Roduk, Melensi, and Donrovan -- quickly leaped out of the cove water they were in and surrounded it, attacking the bearyena. Old age and those aggravating coconuts killed Anamimi, leaving just the three nichelings. Then, Kudonnu - who, with Lasila and their offspring, had been traveling towards the cove - leapt into the fray, helping to attack the Bearyena. They managed to defeat it, but sadly, it killed Donrovan. Meanwhile, they managed to befriend the friendly bearyena cub by offering it some meat. Melensi, fascinated with it, followed it around.

20200831084645_1.thumb.jpg.5025d37d75e2f6c4ef2a27bea7192e85.jpg

20200831084907_1.thumb.jpg.e51056b68c4d26a4f1939bb5bab380ec.jpg

Kudonnu and Lasila had one last child, a girl named Elis. The friendly bearyena grew up and somehow Melensi managed to breed with it. Meanwhile, a orange nicheling with immunity sickness and only about a day to live named Rare emerged from the grasses near Lurdon. He felt bad for her, but moved away so he wouldn't get sick. However, she followed after him, coming down onto the beach near Roduk, who slashed at her and killed her, not wanting to get sick and not realizing how weak she was*. This upset Lurdon, who ran to the the other side of the bay despite Roduk trying to apologize. (Such drama!)

20200831085431_1.thumb.jpg.6e5746fdbf71451ca68c9602c69ea331.jpg

Meanwhile, Lasila was about to die of old age, and moved quietly down to the beach. Kudonnu followed her and stayed by her as she passed away in her sleep, before moving sadly away the next morning. Lurdon didn't feel so bad, but he did feel sorry for his father a bit and comforted him before heading off. Meanwhile Melensi gave birth to Nuno, the half-bearyena cub.

And that's where I left off for this session! I had lots of fun and created a bit more of a story instead of just being "the god" who makes the nichelings do whatever. I definitely want to make a more story-driven playthrough at some point, though, as this was more of a practice then anything. If you enjoy this, though, don't worry, I'll be continuing this playthrough for a while yet I'm sure! (Or until all my Nichelings die.)

If anyone is interested, I've taken pictures of the genes of every Nicheling that was part of the tribe during this playthrough. (At the time of writing and as far as I can remember anyway.) So, if you want to recreate a Nicheling from here and use them in your own stories or whatever, feel free to do so and to ask for the genes!

*The real reason I killed Rare was because she only had one day left and would have infected Lurdon, who I love

So, as I said, that's where I left off, I hope you guys are enjoying this playthrough and bye! ❤️❤️ 

20200831085914_1.thumb.jpg.cc697b790dc290aaa1cfce8a5a216f66.jpg

• Like 1

Continuing the Story: PART 4

We start off just where we left off. The Nichelings move around, gathering food and resources, and Kukir moves off to explore among the grasses a bit. Kudonnu is about to pass away, and he moves off to where he discovers a peaceful bear. Um, yeah... I don't think I want that to be the last thing I see before I die! 

20200901084030_1.thumb.jpg.c4374be03bf5ad99a32c5bfcd57dcb45.jpg

Anyway, Kudonnu passes away, followed not so long after by Melensi. She dies under a coconut tree. I hate coconut trees. If I recall correctly, she might have even been killed by a coconut falling on her head. And I assure you, if that was the case, it wasn't the first nor will it be the last time. Why do coconuts always fall on my nichelings? I do not know.

Anyway, the little group of Nichelings sets off to explore and search for wanderers as their numbers rapidly decrease. Just to prove that their numbers are rapidly decreasing, Roduk also passes away of old age. The remaining Nichelings meet up with Kukir, who was a little way inland. Just before Elis and Nonu enter the grasses, they notice the friendly bearyena, who also only has one day to live. Nonu is a bit upset, as the bearyena is technically his father (weird) and his mother, Melensi, also just died. However, they have to focus on their tribe's survival now so after they say goodbye to the bearyena they follow Lurdon and Kukir into the tall grasses, inland.

20200901084712_1.thumb.jpg.e78015185b7265fb00aff858b097461a.jpg

And they're in luck, because shortly they meet Isrere, a wandering female. Her genes aren't great, but most importantly they can breed. They invite her and she immediately (well, after a few attempts, low fertility) breeds with Kukir. They make a nest from gathered grasses and she soon gives birth to... Nukir, a little boy who has really pretty genes (white fur and red horns - looks great!) Shortly after, Nuno also breeds with Isrere - I wanted him to have bit of a legacy, since he's got bearyena genetics. The result is Siko, a horrible name but she's a decent Nicheling and is not, in fact, sick in any way.

20200901084850_1.jpg.3cce32fff97dfbdca2b90b6468b4038b.jpg

20200901085208_1.jpg.ba578127d5a3f46d30e38aff369dc5b7.jpg

They continue traveling, still searching for more wanderers as if three new additions from Isrere and her offspring aren't enough. And then they find possibly the luckiest Nicheling in ages... Vanlur. Why is he lucky, you may ask? He has four gathering, four cracking, and... something you'll see soon enough. They invite him and he breeds with Elis, who's also got good stats - two good-statted Nichelings breeding will hopefully give babies with good stats, and that's good. (Try saying that five times fast.) He does have short-sighted eyes which is annoying (and I didn't notice until now. OOPS) and bad speed and swimming, but still.

20200901085500_1.jpg.939246a25ec3ffd2f18ccd62009ad542.jpg

20200901085733_1.jpg.500bbece9deb7100268f1f2b47e10fd0.jpg

AND THERE WE ARE, the third reason Vanlur is great: HE GOT RID OF DERP SNOUT. Derp snout is cute and all, but an entire tribe of pure derps is a bit much. Nuduk here has cracker jaw and 4 gathering and cracking, like his father, so he's great. Also I love his colors. Isrere also passed away, the exact day Nuduk was born actaully, but that's ok as she had two children and we have the cracker jaws now! The nichelings continue moving and find themselves at the shore. Elis gives birth to Vanlur's next child, a girl called Reel. Yes, reelly, her name is Reel.

Since Lurdon is close to passing away from old age (noo, my peacock boy!) I bred him with Siko. Kukir, Lurdon's brother, passed away a bit before him from injury. Siko gave birth to Mera, who I don't have a picture of with her genes since I forgot to take one when she was born, but I do have a picture of just her as a baby.

20200901090605_1.jpg.e262b6daba891cfa4eb0947300a25ea7.jpg

20200901090911_1.thumb.jpg.1a03965e94af2bce1483f471d6d873ef.jpg

Lurdon managed to get stunned by a coconut before he died. My favorite nicheling is killed by a coconut. Ironic, isn't it? I DESPISE COCONUTS IN NICHE. WHY CAN'T YOU ESCAPE. HELP.

I know I said I don't want tips but seriously if anyone has a tip other then "avoid coconuts"/"use console" please tell me I hate them.

Anyway, the surviving nichelings moved along, encountering two wanderers (Komeka and Prinodon, a sick orange dude) who they didn't invite. Then they ended up somewhere that I suddenly recognized...

20200901091849_1.thumb.jpg.f450339e57e07ac31d0b82726e7937da.jpg

This is the port where we originally came onto this island, with an entirely different tribe! Literally none of the nichelings here now were alive back then - Roduk was born here but he died earlier. So of course the tribe here doesn't recognize the spot, but I do. Crazy!

As you can see, some of the nichelings were hunting Rabbils in the above photo. Some of them [See: Nukir, white and red dude] are about to be stunned for a week by coconuts. Others have just given birth to Vanlur's third child, Lurduk. Sadly, Lurduk has derp snout, less gathering, and much less cracking then his father, but at least he's got nice colors!

20200901091737_1.jpg.56ce1141725e565908e4302242657ef9.jpg

The nichelings start spreading out, some crossing across the bay to hunt fish and get to the next jutting-out bit of land, some staying on the island. Sadly, Elis passed away, and Vanlur doesn't have much longer to live either. Nukir as still stunned by a coconut.

20200901092149_1.thumb.jpg.b8de8dabeff82b1c4101cda264076eba.jpg

Then, on a stormy and gloomy day, a bearyena ambushes Vanlur, Nukir, and little Lurduk. Lurduk is a "teen", with two gems, by now, so he quickly darts away, hesitating momentarily before plunging into the bay and swimming to a tiny sandbar in the middle. Vanlur flees to the water's edge, then stops, seeing that Nukir is un-stunned and trying desperately to get away from the bearyena that's hiding in the grasses.

Then, with a snarl, it appears on the hill above Vanlur and Nukir. Nukir dives into the shallows of the water, but hesitates to swim away and leave Vanlur. Vanlur attacks the bearyena, hoping to buy Nukir some time to escape, but it jumps down into the shallows and attacks the white nicheling. On the other side of the bay, Lurduk is safely on the shore, while Siko, Nukir's half-sister, stands on the sandbar, panicking because of the danger Nukir is in.

20200901092629_1.thumb.jpg.ab4885cf18a02488f9237febfd449c60.jpg

Being slashed made up his mind however. He plunges into the water and swims to the sandbar and safety. Siko, seeing he's safe, quickly returns to shore. Meanwhile Vanlur doesn't enter the water and is instead fighting the Bearyena. Nukir calls to him, but apparently Vanlur doesn't hear, or doesn't care. He manages to defeat the Bearyena, but almost immediately after dies from old age and his injuries. Nukir casts one last look back at where Vanlur sacrificed himself, then turns and swims the last short stretch to safety.

20200901092818_1.thumb.jpg.51f0233400afe5126144ec8dce7598b4.jpg

The tribe gathers beneath an old oak, a permanent nest between its roots. Little do they know, but this tree is where many of their ancestors - Kukir, Lurdon, and maybe more, were born. This is also where Nuno passes away from old age - close to where he and his mother, Melensi, were both born. None of the nichelings alive have known anything other then this island. Few of them have known anything other than traveling - perhaps none. But many of them are ready to move on - to new lands. To a new island.

Nukir decides to stay behind, wanting to honour Vanlur and the others who have died by staying, along with being a bit more injured then the average Nicheling and feeling like he might hold the others down. Siko, though sad, accepts this, and the other Nichelings also agree.

And thus, the remainder of the Origin Tribe meets at the port. To begin the journey to new horizons.

20200901093249_1.thumb.jpg.023008d738d60ba68c1c8442bb642061.jpg

20200901093240_1.thumb.jpg.6363add4039b24ebc805bb188b8aa187.jpg

And that's it for this part of the playthrough! It was pretty crazy, and way more dramatic then I expected! I wrote it in a bit more of a story-like style, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'd love to hear what you thought about this part! I had lots of fun and I can't wait to play more with my nichelings on the new island (which I've already traveled to, but I'll keep it secret till my next playing session ;)). Also, it's been made official, if you notice at the end - this playthrough/tribe is now called the Origin Tribe! I might play again later today, but I'll have to see. So yeah, that's all for this surprisingly dramatic session! See you tomorrow, or maybe sooner, when I next play or post or whatever! ❤️ 

Edited by Speedyscout
fixing a mistake!
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Speedyscout said:

I know I said I don't want tips but seriously if anyone has a tip other then "avoid coconuts"/"use console" please tell me I hate them.

uh

coconuts can't land on permanent nests I think