Stray Fawn Community

Story mode- A Tribe's Growth

BirbMonster

"Hey Adam! Wake up!"

"No, sis! I'm tired!"

"What about sneaking off to play like we planned?"

"Oh yeah!"

Adam leaped out of his nest. The adult nichelings were still asleep.

"Come on, Adam! Let's go"

Adam followed his sister out of camp. She was a few days older than him, but they both only had 1 gem. Eventually, they made it to a large clearing with a tree.

"This is a cool place!"

"What should we do? Maybe climb the tree?"

"Sure!"

The two nicheling children dug their claws into the tree's thick bark, and slowly began to scale it. Eventually, they managed to make it to the top. The view was amazing- they'd never seen the island like that.

Suddenly, a gigantic blue form soared down from the clouds. At the same time, a grown nicheling emerged from the grasses.

"KIDS!" the grown nicheling yelled. "I'LL GET YOU DOWN! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!"

"What is??"

"THE FLYING THING! THAT'S A BLUEBIRD! THEY TAKE CHILDREN! GET DOWN!"

But it was too late. The bluebird soared down, snatching Adam in it's razor-sharp talons. His head hit a tree branch, and everything went black...

But after a while, Adam awoke. He was far from home, high in the sky. Out of instinct, he clawed at the great bird's legs, making it drop him.

SLAM!

He'd hit the ground, with excruciating pain. He'd broken at least two bones. But now, he was alone, far from home....

102255203_Screenshot(83).thumb.png.064d615603730a206f8b3df11bda8371.png

• Sad 3

"Hello? Anyone???" Adam squeaked, looking around. Fear alone pulsed through his veins. 

"Ma? Pa? Sis!"

Adam realised there was no way back. This island did not look like home. 

Adam curled himself into a ball, and began to cry. As the sun set over the hill, he cried himself to sleep.

However, in the morning, Adam dragged himself foward, his hind leg broken and his flanks bleeding. He needed to eat, so he weakly chomped down on a berry from the bush. But fear and sadness reppelled his appetite. Progress in travel was slow.

After a while, on a dark night, Adam felt his chest pulsate, then the feeling stopped. He'd grown his second gem.

Sis must've grown hers too by now, he thought, warily drifting back to sleep.

578315276_Screenshot(84).thumb.png.246e163f963ebab851af7f8627c37326.png

• Sad 3

After many days, Adam had succesfully dragged himself across the whole island. He'd come across a port.

"I've heard legends," he muttered to himself. "These were once used to move from island to island,"

A fammiliar feeling came, that pulsating one in his chest. A third gem.

"How- I'm alive... I've grown up..."

His leg was beginning to heal, and he could stand a little, but the pain wouldn't go away. Adam knew he was crippled for life.

But now, with the port, it was time for a new begginning. Slowly and carefully, he started to hobble across the stones, and watched each crumble behind him.

1918878202_Screenshot(85).thumb.png.90642c2de2fac8968e6432de314ec8d4.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

At long last, Adam leaped onto the beach of a differrent island and collapsed, dragging himself into the grass. It was time to finnally rest. His breaths were quick and shallow, but eventually, he managed to calm down, and drift into a deep sleep in the soft grass, breathing it's lush scent, far different to the wet one of the swamp island. This new island was small, but at least it was relaxing.

93600611_Screenshot(86).thumb.png.bf834f0626a1e63b716f1bc512003ae9.png

He spent the next day eating the fresh and juicy berries, starving. They were the freshest things he'd ever tasted- sure, the berries at home were better, but any food is great when you haven't eaten in so long.

Then, Adam took one more step through the grass...

"Hey!" shouted an unfamiliar creature, with a face as round as a berry and fur as red as blood. "Who are you?"

"Uh..." Adam stuttered. It was a long time since he'd spoken to anyone. "M-my name's Adam. You?"

The creature stared at him for a momeny, wary. "I'm Eve,"

"What are you?"

Eve seemed offended. "I'm a nicheling! A creation of Rachi!"

"But I'm a nicheling,"

Eve stared at him, confused.

"Where I come from, Nichelings are all stripy and orange with big fangs like mine,"

"Where I come from, we all have a head like mine, a lot of us have spikes,"

Both were confused. Neither had ever seen a nicheling from somewhere else. But here they were- together, by fate...

Screenshot (87).png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Over time, Adam and Eve bonded. 

Adam told Eve his story- his family, how he'd been stranded on a swampy island, then gotten here. Meanwhile, Eve told her own story, of how she'd been cast away in a storm. It turned out that she'd been scarred too- her ear and tail torn from the force of the rocks she crashed angaist. 

And, during that time, telling eachother stories, with no-one else for company, the two began to fall in love. Both new it.

One night, Adam decided to ask something to Eve.

"Eve?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"I have something to ask you,"

"What is it?"

Adam renembered the words they'd used back at home.

"Eve, from the moment I met you, I knew that fate entwined us. I knew I loved you. Will you, my love, bear my children?"

Eve was in silence from shock. But then, at last, she replied. "I will,"

1043706033_Screenshot(88).thumb.png.c6977cbc7022ae3e9ca0127dc2c4a376.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

After many nights, Eve gave birth to a beuatiful set of twins, one female, one male.

"Adam, look at your children! They are beuatiful!"

"Twins!" Adam shouted, delighted. "What should we name them?"

"I'll name the boy Osric. You can name the girl,"

"I'll name her... Laurine,"

"Wasn't that the name of the sister you miss so much?"

"Yes, it is. I name my child after my sister, to bring me memory of home. Besides, she carries such a fammiliar scent, the scent that every nicheling on my island had. You don't have it, neither does Osric. It has to mean something,"

1456192782_Screenshot(89).thumb.png.7150803d6b69207ae0141d38cd6a6443.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2

yay moar

Also, often I'll pretend that a day is way more than one, to make nichelings lifespans and stuff seem longer since it's story mode

Quiet some time had passed, and over that time, Osric and Laurine grew their second gems. Adam knew that if they were to grow older, and Eve were to have more children, they would never survive on an island that small. Luckily, there was another port right in front of them.

"Come on, my children," Eve said, bekoning for Osric and Laurine to follow her. "Your father says we're moving today,"

"Really?" said Laurine, bouncing in excitement. "I can't wait! This island is small and boring!"

"That's pretty cool," said Osric, casually, staring into the ocean. "Guess we'd explore a ton,"

Adam and Eve led their children to the port, praying whatever awaited wasn't death and destruction.

693800811_Screenshot(116).thumb.png.9921388db76d9d674b6ca0f975d1b377.png

Taking a deep breath, Adam once again leaped onto the first rock, his claws scraping it, clinging on in fear of falling into the ocean...

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Each nicheling hopped onto the port station, one by one. Laurine leaped onto the shore in excitement, her paws bursting with energy, but then skidded to a halt at the grass.

She realised she'd never been in such deep grass... what horrors could possibly be hiding in there?

Adam slowly padded to her side. "Do you know anything about survival, Laurine?"

Laurine looked down nervously. "nope,"

"I was never old enough for my parents to teach me. But with so many moons alone, I taught myself. You are lucky to have me and Eve. We will teach you everything about survival,"

"Okay!"

Osric glanced over his shoulder, then padded closer to his family. "What do we do first, then?"

"We have to find a place to sleep and rest, as well as a source of food that won't run out,"

"Would the tree over there be good? I always see mum cracking open nuts,"

"It would be indeed. Nuts are a good food, and there'll certainly be berries and shelter too. Follow me,"

1304214598_Screenshot(117).thumb.png.07b323f1a582733a7adad9fd7f858296.png

1680202511_Screenshot(118).thumb.png.86ceebc96ce01e3a7abf573b0fbdc263.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

It only took a day of travel to reach the tree. Eve was pregnant again, so she was preparing to give birth in a nest a little distance away, but it wasn't far. It was the only nest they could find, and having just arrived to the island, there wasn't any resources to build one. However, she'd taught her children to crack nuts.

1715051087_Screenshot(119).thumb.png.65da7d0b90fea4acf7b89210331cfcf0.png

The next day....

"Adam! Osric! Laurine!"

The three family members trotted over to see what Eve was shouting about. A new child. "What should we name him?" she asked, staring up at Adam.

"I'm not sure... can you name him, Eve?"

"If neither of us can name him, Raichi will decide,"

Eve gazed up at the skies. "The gods have spoken," she announced. "This child's name is Liquie, meaning water. I hear the whispers. They say he's blessed with the fins of the sea, and Liquie means water where I come from,"

Blessed with the fins of the sea? But I have those fins too! Osric thought, glancing in the direction of the nearest shoreline. What does that mean?

Screenshot (120).png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

More days passed. Adam thought about his family more and more. He was now an adult... and not even really young anymore. 

Though he'd lost his own family, he'd created a new one.

Suddenly, Osric and Laurine both bounced in the air. "AUGH!"

"Your third gems!" Eve said, running to them excitedley. Liquie had grown his first gem a little earlier.

"Third gems??" said Laurine. "We're all grown up! Does that mean we can leave camp now?"

"Of course," said Adam. "But promise you shall not go to far, or sprint into the face of danger,"

"Alright!"

With her mood, you could tell Laurine was trying and failing at acting mature. 

Meanwhile, Osric remained silent, truly calm. "Fins of the sea..." he muttered. He'd spent hours thinking to himself about what these 'fins of the sea' did.

Then it hit him.

Without hesitation, Osric sprinted towards the shoreline, finnally excited about something.

1415971526_Screenshot(121).thumb.png.bb4ea9894f97d9164ef20c32631c2b42.png

Screenshot (122).png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Osric dived deeper into the ocean. This is where I belong! He thought, feeling the waves brush his fur. Taking a deep breath, Osric put his head underwater. But then, he breathed out. Even underwater he could breathe easily.

1489826249_Screenshot(124).thumb.png.3abbbb62db4aa867f70712c4c876cafb.png

Meanwhile, Eve gave birth to ANOTHER set of twins: Adam and Eve decided to name them Adala and Rasiel. 

"Our family keeps growing," said Adam, getting closer to Eve.

"We will have one more child. One more is enough. Sometimes too much of a good thing is bad,"

574096437_Screenshot(125).thumb.png.09024c5f99f21a168002e1cc2cd88ed9.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

4 minutes ago, BirbMaster said:

Osric dived deeper into the ocean. This is where I belong! He thought, feeling the waves brush his fur. Taking a deep breath, Osric put his head underwater. But then, he breathed out. Even underwater he could breathe easily.

1489826249_Screenshot(124).thumb.png.3abbbb62db4aa867f70712c4c876cafb.png

Meanwhile, Eve gave birth to ANOTHER set of twins: Adam and Eve decided to name them Adala and Rasiel. 

"Our family keeps growing," said Adam, getting closer to Eve.

"We will have one more child. One more is enough. Sometimes too much of a good thing is bad,"

574096437_Screenshot(125).thumb.png.09024c5f99f21a168002e1cc2cd88ed9.png

Can I draw Osric underwater once I get home? (Rn I'm in a car)

Laurine padded through the long grass, finnally free.

But, as she tried to break into a run, hoping to go faster than she ever had before, Laurine crashed into a a two-gem-old nicheling.

"Ack! Hey, get off me!" the nicheling squealed as Laurine hit it.

"Oh!" Laurine shouted, looking down at the newcomer's ginger form. "Hello! I'm Laurine! You?"

She'd been taught by her father and mother, that if it could speak and understand her, it was a nicheling. They'd learnt this from their own encounter.

"I'm Vaethessa. But I don't like strangers. I'll be on my way,"

"Oh come on! You could join my tribe! You could have many friends there!"

"As I said, I don't like strangers!"

"They're just friends you haven't met yet!"

"Sometimes, they can be ENEMIES you haven't met yet!"

"Oh come on! My father's the leader, he would-"

"What is going on?" Adam said, walking through the grass.

"Oh, hi dad!" Laurine padded a little closer.

"Who is that?"

"That's Vaethessa. Can she join the tribe?"

"Of course. You will be very welcome, Vaethessa,"

1043948885_Screenshot(135).thumb.png.c02f755afb39495743aca6211605e05d.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

Eve has given birth to the final child of Adam and Eve: Tristam. He looks different to the others.

"Our final child," said Adam, licking his son's forehead. "We're getting old, aren't we, Eve?"

Eve silently nodded. "Only a few moons of life left. Too old to bear more children,"

A frightened look spread across Adam's face. 

"You're worried about who will care for our children, right?"

He nodded.

"Don't worry. You can choose a leader, our tribe will last forever,"

1387172292_Screenshot(136).thumb.png.56bfb5fefe32819814121306c3033f7e.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

A few months later...

"Nice here, isn't it?" said Liquie, looking at Vaethessa with intrest in his eyes.

"Uh.. yeah? But I like being alone, thanks,"

"Do you? Isn't being alone too long... you know, loneley?"

"I've been alone my whole life. I know NOTHING about being with someone else!"

"Listen, Vaethessa. When you came to this tribe, the others thought you were strange, isloated. Our youngest fear your twisted snout. But I've watched you. You're smart... and creative...the most intresting nicheling I've ever met... I love you, Vaethessa,"

For several moments, Vaethessa stood in shock and silence. "How am I supposed to react??? What sort of tradition do you have around here??? Do you have children immidieatley.. or do you have courtship first...?"

"Listen, this is a new tribe. We have no traditions. We can do whatever we want with our love, to be honest,"

1844216369_Screenshot(137).thumb.png.9c3157b278cf197d3ba2afebcfdec627.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, BirbMaster said:

A few months later...

"Nice here, isn't it?" said Liquie, looking at Vaethessa with intrest in his eyes.

"Uh.. yeah? But I like being alone, thanks,"

"Do you? Isn't being alone too long... you know, loneley?"

"I've been alone my whole life. I know NOTHING about being with someone else!"

"Listen, Vaethessa. When you came to this tribe, the others thought you were strange, isloated. Our youngest fear your twisted snout. But I've watched you. You're smart... and creative...the most intresting nicheling I've ever met... I love you, Vaethessa,"

For several moments, Vaethessa stood in shock and silence. "How am I supposed to react??? What sort of tradition do you have around here??? Do you have children immidieatley.. or do you have courtship first...?"

"Listen, this is a new tribe. We have no traditions. We can do whatever we want with our love, to be honest,"

1844216369_Screenshot(137).thumb.png.9c3157b278cf197d3ba2afebcfdec627.png

EVERYONE SHIP LIQUIE AND VAETHESSA

NOW

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Liquie and Vaethessa had been together for a long time, falling in love, never leaving eachother's side. Though Adam and Eve were on the brink of death, there was new hope. Vaethessa lifted her wing, to reveal a newborn son.

2039637392_Screenshot(399).thumb.png.159dc02f1838b555f5b46282403ae84f.png

"He looks just like you!" Liquie said, excited. "What do we name him?"

Vaethessa thought for a bit. "How about... Nymorar?"

"A strange name, but I love it!"

Everyone gathered to greet Nymorar and welcome him into the world. After all, it was a huge occasion. The first birth in the tribe that wasn't a child of Adam and Eve. A sign they would prosper. 

"It's getting late, everyone," said Adam. "Go to sleep,"

Adam and the others padded over to their usual spots. But Liquie and Vaethessa stayed with their child, curled around their beloved son.

• Eek! 2
  • Love 1

"EVE!" Adam cried out, minutes after awaking.

"What happened???" Laurine cried out, stampeding out of the grasses. More tribe members gathered around, their feelings a mix of curiousity and worry.

"She's dead," he whimpered, burying his snout into her limp flanks, and starting to cry. He hadn't been this sad since his truamatic childhood. "Leave," he commanded. "I have to mourn her alone,"

"But father," said Osric. "We have to mourn her too. She was our mother," 

All of Adam and Eve's children sat down, staring at the ground, tears raining down onto the grass.

Eve was gone.

972889678_Screenshot(400).thumb.png.e299773121012ec6d775038a7d447716.png

• Sad 3

Adam passed away the very same day, by Eve's side. As he died, grey clouds darkened the air, and rain began to pour down. Nobody dared to say a word. Two deaths in one day, how could something so tragic happen? But, in such a harsh world, many more deaths would come, and each time the tribe would have to move on.

2023310473_Screenshot(410).thumb.png.7133079e655a219551249cf1f503778b.png

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, BirbMaster said:

Adam passed away the very same day, by Eve's side. As he died, grey clouds darkened the air, and rain began to pour down. Nobody dared to say a word. Two deaths in one day, how could something so tragic happen? But, in such a harsh world, many more deaths would come, and each time the tribe would have to move on.

2023310473_Screenshot(410).thumb.png.7133079e655a219551249cf1f503778b.png

can i draw this can i draw this can i draw this

• Paw up 1