Stray Fawn Community

A Honestly Very Hard Challenge (AHVHC) Attempt

Robb Plat

Giving this a shot, even though it's been several years since this challenge came out.

Used the sandbox settings.

Will be posting any cuties that are birthed or that I invite into my tribe.

Original rules: 

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

image.png.7f5c788661ceb012da549f8265ad3e2d.png

Picture #006

We survived, but the wanderer died from old age. Eplway had a fourth child, but he or she died after birth.
This is likely because Eplway and Oqudhe have one of the same immunities, either A or B.

• Sad 3

I just realized how inconvenient my previous format was. I shall make this reply longer.

Summary: Eplway, a white-furred derp-snouted female, makes her way into the Grass Mingle island by her lonesome. There, she meets a couple males, but Oqudhe, a bright red male, is just the right age for her. Together, they have three children, although it is likely they have an immunity gene in common. After evading rogue males and hiding from Bearyenas, they slowly make their way north-east, where there should be more resources.

image.thumb.png.f946d6a67ee92c1e2ca39c135c7d93c4.png

Picture #007

Eplway gives birth to a healthy girl, Fayaeplslu! (Just Faye for short.) She is the fourth child and third daughter). Unlike the others, she has water body.

1322815824_ScreenShot2022-04-19at12_46_43AM.thumb.png.0fa63ab03a995cbf17551863ba163197.pngPicture #008

Eplway and Oquahe (bottom left) continue growing the family.

Uckju (1st born) and Eplfaylun (2nd born) try to get pregnant (right side).

Nniepl (top) has poor vision and stumbles into the tall grass, exploring through it.

image.thumb.png.74272530e3c892e7b62e4d5f27582685.pngPicture #009:

As expected, Epifaylun's baby dies after birth. This is the second recorded instance of inbred-immunity death in the tribe.

image.png.ba2d1aa3af10d735211446e73935961c.pngPicture #010:

Another bouncing baby boy has been born! His name is Juujk ("Jook").

image.thumb.png.dc81f246fe2876880cbfc672c9bfe5be.pngPicture #011:

Not just one, but *two* wanderers were invited into the tribe. Ukte (the melanistic one) and Guuck (the big nosed one) are happy ushered in. Nniepl will take Guuck as her hubby, while Ukte... will be someone's hubby. ;)

image.thumb.png.98bff981946d108299b6c41253ed554a.png

Picture #012:

Nniepl had a fanged son with Guuck ("Gook"), named Ukyeduhsk ("You-kai-dusk"). Not soon after his birth, Guuck passed away from old age, and a Bearyena came out of the tall grass. Nniepl and Uckju (the 1st born son of Eplway) attacked the Bearyena to stop him, but they were killed amidst the attack.

image.thumb.png.fabb1856df5b6290dbe65c80831c3ad1.png

Picture #013:

Miraculously, Ukyeduhsk managed to escape by heading north into the tall grass, where he was hidden from danger. He grew up into a teenager while in the bush, eventually making his way west, where Eplfaylun and her family took him in.

Meanwhile in the south, Faye and her baby brother Juujk collect berries in their familial nest.

(The clawed derp snout was an infertile wanderer.)

~Next Post Teaser~

Eplfaylun, after her 3 sick babies didn't make it, met Ukte and they got along fabulously! (Did they make bebes? Find out next episode...)

Next post, we'll see the new wanderer and unwelcome visitor that come into the lives of the growing (Eplway) Oquadhe family.

To be continued.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, BirbMaster said:

Good job surviving so far, I tried AHVHC and I kept going extinct before I even had a single child or wanderer

Thanks!

I think I just got lucky with wanderers. Sometimes bearyenas just pop out of nowhere too.
The hardest part for me is planning the births, so I've started writing the expected birth day for each pregnancy! (e.g., If the female becomes pregnant on day 58, then she will give birth around day 64.)

Now I just need to remember to read my notes when moving the females around.

• Like 2

it's fun to see how this challenge has stuck around for so long! I have a AHVH 2.0 (harder than ever!) edition that I never posted if you (or anyone else) is interested! it's of course still survivable but it's hard even for me 😄

• Eek! 1

2 hours ago, Sky said:

it's fun to see how this challenge has stuck around for so long! I have a AHVH 2.0 (harder than ever!) edition that I never posted if you (or anyone else) is interested! it's of course still survivable but it's hard even for me 😄

Please do share with us 👀

On 4/19/2022 at 6:58 PM, Robb Plat said:

Please do share with us 👀

here it is! ^^ it isn't too terribly different, but the starter has some more restricted genetics (so you can't get lucky and get off easy with horns for example) and the age stages are shorter, among other things. here's some optional rules that I like to play with: 1) never start on an easy island (you don't have to start on Grass Mingle if you don't want to, just not an Easy island) and 2) you can't attack predators (definitely makes it a challenge!). and of course, 3) no mutation menu!

have fun ^^

AHVHC 2.0.sandbox

• Eek! 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:12 PM, Sky said:

here it is! ^^ it isn't too terribly different, but the starter has some more restricted genetics (so you can't get lucky and get off easy with horns for example) and the age stages are shorter, among other things. here's some optional rules that I like to play with: 1) never start on an easy island (you don't have to start on Grass Mingle if you don't want to, just not an Easy island) and 2) you can't attack predators (definitely makes it a challenge!). and of course, 3) no mutation menu!

have fun ^^

AHVHC 2.0.sandbox 244 B · 0 downloads

Cool! When I do start that, I'll make a new thread. xD

Thanks Sky for the interesting challenge! We need those in this game lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Episode 3: Baby Bonanza!

Soon after Uckju’s death (the 1st-born son) by a bearyena, Faye gives birth to his son, Uckwyu (name was randomly generated, I swear). Uckwyu is the first of the tribe to have very high fertility. He also has good eye sight, and lovely ram horns (and a derp snout), as typically found in this tribe.

image.png.ee46b92c11053e155f6f802020b77afe.png

Eplfaylun and Ukte had a 2nd child, Oquligi, a beige derp-snouted boy with 1 no paw.

image.png.2dc0daa60aaa45e92d96d3d62d4514c4.png

Unfortunately, their 3rd child died after birth, suggesting that Ukte, despite being a wanderer, has at least one immunity gene in common with Eplfaylun.

Meanwhile, Fayaeplslu and Juujk had two adorable duck-billed boys, Yepujku and Unskphud. Both of them are dotted and adorable. One of the grandparents, Eplway or Oqudhe, had this recessive platypus bill gene.

1531973525_ScreenShot2022-04-24at10_58_26PM.png.ffcca9da3b018b561b893e59a8d1f575.png856845947_ScreenShot2022-04-24at10_58_20PM.png.2c9382d9654332a4229aa58fb73ee0bc.png

Having all these babies was truly a joyous time for the tribe.

From behind Juujk, a figure appears...

To be continued.

• Like 1

Episode 3.5 (Family tree review):

Now the family tree looks something like this (it's a bit messy, kind of like a collage)

image.thumb.png.0d62c061c22e577fd78fda4893dc641b.png

You might have noticed that they have a second name. That is their surname based on their paternal lineage. So all of Eplway and Oqudhe's children have the surname Oqudhe, Guuck and Nniepl's son, Ukyeduhsk, should have the surname Guuck, and Ukte and Eplfaylun's children will have the surname Ukte.

The platypus bills were a real surprise. Not to mention that I got them twice in a row! I suspect Eplway had that a recessive copy of that gene. As a consequence, Ukyeduhsk has fangs because he inherited the duck bill from his mum, but poison fangs from his big-nosed dad.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 4: Sweet Home in the South

From behind Juujk, a bright orange wanderer appears. Her name was Hiway (“Highway” lol) and she was a derp snout with one bat wing. Juujk and Hiway had only one baby girl, Sluqesh, before Hiway’s death due to old age. This makes Sluquesh the half-sister of Yepujku and Unskphud.

image.png.75593246888a07ab875f96a2058cf025.png

Picture #018

image.png.9417fad61e776d334b2fba0a6c5d7960.png

The four children, Uckwyu, Yepujku, Unskphud, and Sluqesh were all born in the current familial nest (slightly to the south). As such, Uckwyu and Sluqesh spent a lot of time together and proposed to start a family when they became adults.

image.png.3ca1b20ef290f6c31a88dc29951df6f6.png

Despite Sluqesh’s suspected infertility gene from her mother, Uckwyu’s perfect fertility will balance this out. Also, they are 1st cousins, unlike the other two duck-billed brothers who are her half-brothers.

Oquligi, along with the two duck-billed brothers, will be the guardians of the realm when their parents are gone.

In the meantime, Faynni becomes old enough to start her own family...

To be continued.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Faynni, now an adult, is starting a family with the handsome Ukyeduhsk, who became an adult a bit before she did. As 1st cousins only through their mother’s side, they likely have fewer common immunity genes than their other cousins.
Ukyeduhsk swats away the several rogue males roaming around.

image.thumb.png.f736e43ff5ff644890a364ebe02119cc.png

To differentiate between members in this tribe, they will use last names based on their lineage. Hopefully that'll make them easier to tell apart.

image.png.7d5317205ae4036377b43082f1df066e.png

It seems Epifaylun is also pregnant! Hopefully she and Ukte will have their third child.

image.png.ee5cd0cd75119baa0cb16e68e2840eaf.png

Ukte encounters a bearyena while searching for food. Oops.

image.png.59422ffd47cd3cc76c87c033f36a71fa.png

But it doesn't attack him! He grabs some food and "runs" for it. (Despite his webbed feet.)

Epifaylun had an adorable baby daughter named Midorifunu Rogue!

image.png.bb3d716adf6c53ebc0c104225d0f779b.png

Midorifunu's biological father. When did that happen? 😂 Well at least this adds some genetic diversity to our tribe. Just have to breed out that no paw.
Instead of the last name Rogue, maybe I should make a new family name! Any suggestions? I'm thinking Ramm or Rustyhorne.

image.png.86b1efc0d0c4407390a66af957fa1e48.png

Next post, we'll finally see the first member of the next generation.

The great grandchildren, the fourth generation of family living on this island, may make or break this tribe.

Hopefully they keep surviving! xD

• Like 2

Eplfaylun shoos away Midorifunu's father. She is her precious daughter and hers alone.

image.png.f96b38ba52c92c6af61c9ca11a741cef.png

Currently there are only 3 young females in the tribe, and 2 older ones. This means any daughters very important to the future of the tribe.

Ukte passes away from old age, and his partner Eplfaylun becomes the oldest member of the tribe. Hence, she is the leader until her death.

Ukyeduhsk and Faynni are the proud parents of a pink baby girl, Kyeni. Her name is a combination of the 2nd syllable from her dad's name and the last 2 letters of her mom's name. She has her father's pitch black eyes.

image.png.1ca15fdfa0036be235915ce1bc3aa354.png

Juujk, now age 39, had a mid-life crisis and has gone out into the bush to rediscover himself. And the meaning of life. If he ever finds it.

image.png.f5c23af8aedd39aa3d410507f59dee59.png

A bulky rogue male struts around the tribe's territory. The main issue with him is that no one is strong enough to fend him off. He eventually wanders off into the tall grass, having had no success with finding a female in the tribe.

The duck-bill brothers are told by the rest of the tribe that their father went to buy milk. They don't question this and grow up to be productive teenagers. Yepujku (14 days old) helps collect berries while Unskphud (8), the younger and paler one, patrols the area. Their mom, Fayaeplslu (47) makes sure that they're looked after, and their older half-brother, Uckwyu (22), makes sure they are well-behaved. Sluqesh (10) is just off to the sides, picking berries on occasion, when she's not playing with the rabbils.

image.png.febd60b38f6c7d8ca01c1e4ce17e3198.png

Epifaylun encounters a bearyena and her cub. She fights valently but is no match for the bearyena at her old age. Fayaeplslu takes the reigns of the tribe now. Her first order of business is to flee from the bearyena that took down Epifaylun.

(n.b.: We've passed 100 days!)

Meanwhile, the snoozebugs get Faynni Ukte and Sluqesh. Faynni is just a bit sleepy, but Sluqesh takes a nap in the mud.

image.png.731cf4c632494dd084f775f218dd31bf.png

Get your snout out of the mud, Sluqesh.

The bearyena closes in on Kyeni.

image.png.1ac92a127c2051f0b02b7cb32e3aff79.png

Fayaeplslu rushes in to help, but is taken down by the bearyena.

image.png.3efebe16a684d9121bef4205c94ab836.png

Kyeni is in danger. Faynni manages to pull through her fatigue and gives the bearyena a good smack. She falls and Kyeni is safe. (*insert Faynni hugging Kyeni*)

image.png.0d214e52aa28f431ab719c0e6fd93974.png

Midorifunu, unaware of what had transpired, tamed the baby bearyena, much to the others dismay. She, however, flaunted the rules and did as she pleased. The baby was now in her control.

image.png.a4115524b7b0fafb7797434ed6e20797.png

The duck-bill brothers find their father by accident. Awkwardly acknowledging his presence, but not knowing what to do with him. 

image.png.b4720649eb7832f5f4851ea8cf9b3c42.png

He didn't seem to have picked up any milk either. But with Fayaeplslu gone, Juujk is the natural heir to the leader role in the tribe. He, of course, declines this, saying that Ukyeduhsk Guuck should be the leader. Everyone in the tribe agrees with this.

Oquligi Ukte finds Asiri, an interesting wanderer. He promptly invites her into the tribe.

image.png.1326eff3a1f36ea3618cb3d418e1ae76.png

Not a moment after joining the tribe, she quickly pounces on a rabbil and eats it. Seems she is quite the wild child.

image.png.e083be3a0a25e9c2d39b61f7719fc951.png

Faynni Ukte is past due on her pregnancy and tries to find a nest to give birth in.

Uckwyu Oquche and Sluqesh Hiway decide that they want to start a family together.

• Like 1