Stray Fawn Community

Fox's FOURTH den where I'm too dumb to think of more synonyms for 'dumb'

Loxfeaf

This is Melting Breeze (I just call her Melting for short) (I think maybe I've talked about her before???)

image.png.43d879d65760392ab3458afb5aba5116.png

Yes, she has the Rot. Nobody knows how she got it; one day some rot was growing and replacing her antenna. When her superstructure collapsed due to evil scavs stealing her rarefaction cells, the rot completely took over half her face. She can absorb meat for food, giving her power to function. She can communicate with Slugcats and Lizards through speech (I did not think through how she'd do that but she can, okay!?) and so she has a ton of lizard friends. When she collapsed, most of her memory was lost. I don't think she was in Needle and Eerie's iterator group but idk.

The black slugcat- Traveller. She's a really fast slugcat who can change their weight however they want. The bad thing is that they constantly sink in water and she drowns really quickly. She has less chance of dying to lizard bites but can throw spears about as well as Saint.

The blue slugcat- Luminescent. She can't breathe oxygen; she has gills on her neck. She glows brighter the further underground/underwater she goes. She needs a bit of food to hibernate because shelters generally don't have oxygen and when she's out of water it starts to get rid of her food until there's none left then she dies (Except she doesn't need as much to sleep). She has claws, but not as sharp as Traveller's. Luminescent is very very fast in the water but pretty slow on land.

Yes, some of this anatomy I made up on the spot.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Loxfeaf said:

(RW spoilers)

How did Pebbles get the Rot? I know it was smth to do with Suns giving him a golden pearl, but what was it about? I'm confused-

iterators have this thing called taboos, rules written into every single of their cells preventing them from doing things the ancients wouldn't want them to (hurting their creators, self-destructing, etc). some iterators (i think they were called sliverists, though i might be wrong), suns and pebbles included, were very into the idea of finding a way to self-destruct.

suns had an idea, but since not ALL iterators liked the thought of breaking taboos and stuff, they sent it through a pearl instead of risking being overheard on broadcast.

their plan was to carefully rewrite every cell's genome. the command had to be very specific, overriding the taboo you want to break but doing absolutely nothing else. this would require a lot of time and focus unless you ran a lot of parallel processes and consumed a hell ton of water. and then you know what happens

the forced interruption likely caused pebbles to do something wrong in a panic. (though i'm not 100% sure about this part. all he says is "you could not have chosen a worse moment to disturb me")

if you want to know the specific details (or check if i'm actually telling the truth because i might be wrong about some things) you can just... read the pearl page on the wiki. you can find a lot of lore there https://rainworld.miraheze.org/wiki/Pearl/Dialogue

• Love 2

17 minutes ago, lizardcake said:

iterators have this thing called taboos, rules written into every single of their cells preventing them from doing things the ancients wouldn't want them to (hurting their creators, self-destructing, etc). some iterators (i think they were called sliverists, though i might be wrong), suns and pebbles included, were very into the idea of finding a way to self-destruct.

suns had an idea, but since not ALL iterators liked the thought of breaking taboos and stuff, they sent it through a pearl instead of risking being overheard on broadcast.

their plan was to carefully rewrite every cell's genome. the command had to be very specific, overriding the taboo you want to break but doing absolutely nothing else. this would require a lot of time and focus unless you ran a lot of parallel processes and consumed a hell ton of water. and then you know what happens

the forced interruption likely caused pebbles to do something wrong in a panic. (though i'm not 100% sure about this part. all he says is "you could not have chosen a worse moment to disturb me")

if you want to know the specific details (or check if i'm actually telling the truth because i might be wrong about some things) you can just... read the pearl page on the wiki. you can find a lot of lore there https://rainworld.miraheze.org/wiki/Pearl/Dialogue

I was watching these Twisting Roads iterator log things

What was he trying to do? (You might not have heard of him)

OCs

They need names

image.png.a46a8ce615e9060513579cac2ecffca6.png

It took me about ten minutes to describe them on Discord so I'll just say some basic things aboout them so I don't have to go through hell again

The first slugcat doesn't have a mouth. they belonged to Melting Breeze. They collect data from pearls and eat food with their metal tail bit.

The second slugcat has a mouth but only to store pearls in their stomach because that's how they powers themself. Without a pearl in their stomach they start to die. Also belongs to Melting Breeze. Otherwise; the same as spearmaster, but blue.

The scav was friends with the second slugcat. She's not too aggressive. The pearl attached to her antler was very important to her.

5 hours ago, lizardcake said:

I never realized they were trying to self-destruct??? I understand why they'd do it, but like, WHY WOULD THEY DO IT?

4 hours ago, Loxfeaf said:

I was watching these Twisting Roads iterator log things

What was he trying to do? (You might not have heard of him)

This has at least one bad word in it, flashing, loud noises, gross rot body horror, and possible rainworld spoilers. I don't remember much because I've only watched it once

Just now, Loxfeaf said:

This has at least one bad word in it, flashing, loud noises, gross rot body horror, and possible rainworld spoilers. I don't remember much because I've only watched it once

And it made me cry