Stray Fawn Community

Do you Have a Theme for Nichling Names?

GryffBirb

I like naming my Nichlings, and I have it pretty much based on Flora and Fona, except for creatures that didn't come from the original line, and that stuff is non-living things.  Like my first outsider was named Earth, while their child was named Soil.  I always rename Adam and Eve to Tiger and Lily.  I find it fun to have names based on a certain theme.  What naming themes do you use if any?  Do you have any suggestions for fun naming themes?  Let me know because it feels like the more the merrier.

I always love to follow naming themes! My naming themes usually come up naturally either based on some variation of a name that I ended up liking or based on the personality of the creature. The way I name my creatures isn't directly the word of the thing itself and is rather a mix between the word itself and something I think sounds like a niche name. My current naming themes are based on intelligence synonyms, monkeys, words that start with v, countries, gemstones, and happiness synonyms.

You can see the types of names and themes I use here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EIvPioDfGhCRBVnnZqF8tqRPBa-hYABbt9j4yG5kahA

I usually just use names that spring to my mind, some are simple like Thorn or Bear, others are made up of two like Black Stag or something ^^

And then I usually play with the warriors challenge based on the books by Erin Hunter, where the names of the creatures are made up of a prefix and a suffix which change depending on the rank of the creature

Yeah, I usually have for males animals and plants for females.  It's just due to how I name Adam and Eve to Tiger and Lily.  Plus pairs sometimes have cool names if you put them together.