Stray Fawn Community

New moves, flora, animals, and mutations!

Deathpelt

Hello! These are a few of my suggestions to make the game a bit more engaging! These are all my suggestions in a nutshell so if you do pick mine, feel free to take some out CX! :D

Mutations :

Weak hindlegs : Weak hind legs would be sort of like webbed hind legs, except that they don't help with your swimming ability!

Blurry vision : Blurry vision can effect your pack if 60% or more of you creatures have it. It can cause illusions, like making a poison berry bush, look like a normal one!

Sugarsnout : Sugarsnout is an elongated muzzle, with a pointy nose, and long tongue, perhaps it can suck up nectar from flora or cactuses.

Fused hindlegs : In fused hind legs, your creature's back legs and tail are all fused together to make a sort of fish tail. The baby takes big damage when born. It increases swimming ability, but gives NO walking ability. 2 deformed paws and Fused hind legs? GOOD LUCK!

Furless : A furless niche would be completely pink, it would have NO could resistance, but 3+ Heat resistance. It could drown and get more cold in water easier, but is completely scentless.

Scales : Scales would replace fur on your niche. It would give off +2 heat resistance, and NO cold resistance. It would also give +1 Defense, and 1- swimming. The scales can have patterns like normal fur.

Leathery Frill : A feathery frill would be near your creature's neck, and can be multiple colors! It could give 1+ heat resistance. If a predator attacks, the frill could give the chance of scaring off or keep the predator from attacking the niche!

Grub bill : The grub bill would be a medium sized beak that can be a black or gray color. The beach will have 1+ or no smelling, but you can pick up grubs with it! Also if wings get added then 2+ flight.

Feather tail : 2+ flight, and can make the Niche quicker when running. 1- swimming though, since the feathers aren't waterproof!

Bird hind legs : Bird handles would be any color, though the default is yellow. It would give 1+ heat resistance, but -2 cold resistance. Its moving radius would be 2+. and it would give 1+ flight, and landing.

Climbing paws : Climbing paws would have tiny little claws on them, and resemble squirrel paws. They would add 2+ gathering, and 2+ climbing when it comes to trees!

FLORA :

Sticky bush : A sticky bush would have honeysuckle like flowers that a beak or Sugarsnout cold use to get. The sticky bush does however give the animal a temporary scent buff, making predators more likely to come.

Grub Trunk : The Grub trunk would be a decaying tree that your niches could possible use as a hide out, or to pick out any tasty grubs or insects. A small chance of getting a toxic bug.

Hollow Tree : A hollow tree would be a giant tree that medium and small sized creatures could get into, to hide from bluebirds, or retain heat. BEWARE though because predators may also use this as a refuge...

Pool flower: A pool flower would be found in the jungle, and can be used for water nichelings or to disguise your scent from the smelling ape! It would be pretty big, taking up three spaces, and a reddish pink color. The inside would have water.

Vine Ivy : Vine Ivy would mostly grow in the swamp, and can be used as nesting material. It would be a dark green colored vine with leaves sticking out of it.

Glowpeach : Glowpeaches would be an exotic tree, that can cause your nichelings colors to change every so slightly after ingesting a lot of them. The glowpeaches can be bad and good depending o what color your wishing for!

Coraal : A type of underwater growing plant that can be harvested for food, and make the ocean a more beautiful place overall!

ANIMALS :

Harse : A mix between a horse and a hare. It would have giant bunny ears, a horse body, and rabbit hind legs! It would be a brownish color, and be found on the grasslands. If killed it will drop 5 - 10 food, and is not usually aggressive towards niches, unless it has a foal.

Blizird : A Blizird is a mix between a bird and a lizard. It would have a yellow canary body and head, with the legs of a lizard. It would have huge wings, and extremely hard to catch. It would give about 3 pieces of food if caught, but can also be used to tell if a predator is near by.

Sheark : An aquatic predator the  Sheark is a mix between a seal and a shark. It would be spotted and blue, and have the body of a seal with the head and tail of a shark. It has 6 attack, and gives 10- 15 pieces of food if caught. It would mostly be found in snowy mountains biomes.

Drog : A mix between a frog and a dog. It is an olive green color, and hunt in packs of 2 or three. They would have the bodies and heads of dogs, but the legs of frogs, as well as throat poaches. They do 3 damage per hit, but only have 1+ sight.

RANDOM STUFF

MUTATION EVOLUTION : I think that it would be cool if your creatures had 2 or 3 empty slots when they are born. Those empty slots begin to mutate as time goes by, and what they do is imprinted in their genetics. For example : One niche picks berry all the time, then she has a child, who also picks berries all the time, after a few generations one slot is filled up with the nimble fingers!

UNCONTROLLED MOVEMENTS : It would add more to the game if your niches occasionally interacted on their own, or you could set it up in a settings menu. These movements could be little dominant brawls, sneaky breedings, baby stealing, going rogue, and even banishing or killing each other! (though VERY rarely)

TREE CLIMBING : it would be awesome if your niches could climb trees, they would probably need the lean body or climbing paws, and if they do climb the tree, they could nest in it. They could also possibly get a vantage point on predators, or try and hunt Blizirds!

Well those are my suggestions! hope you like them!!!

P.S if I put a lot just pick out your favorite three :3

Some cool ideas in here, particularly I like the adaption mutations idea. I think either add an untouchable bubble to the selected mutations window that will fill in depending on what your nicheling does, or create another tab for a few adapted mutations. Some other examples I can think of are toxic fruit and hunting rabbils/stagmoles, which would mutate toxic body/poison fangs or claws/horns.

I really love this idea, especially the Flora additions!

Currently, Niche doesn't have too much variety in their plant life, and this would make trying to get new genes to use different Flora exciting! Not only this, but it also will make it a challenge for those who want one.

I love this! I have an idea to add to the Flora list!

Zombie/Parasite Fungus! They could infect your nicheling and turn them into a wandering rogue while simultaneously doing damage each day. They can't be healed by healing plants, either. Then when the infected nicheling dies a new fungus plant sprouts from the bones. This way you have to avoid getting infected in the first place to avoid spreading the plants!

That sounds like a really awesome idea! :D maybe before you Niche gets infected its eyes will get milky :D.

Also I sorta forgot to limit the three per post xD C: So I'm going to delete this later and use the three most popular ideas :3

Um, I'm sorry, I hate to be a stickler for rules, but... you posted a //LOOOT// of topics and I could've sworn they said three was a maximum? Or did I misunderstand the rules? I ask because if I can post more than the three topics I already have I would love to.

I thought it was 3 suggestions per post :/ I'm going to check the rules again real quick xD, ok yeah it was three threads per person xD sorry I misunderstood the rules, deleted all of them except three including this one!

It's cool, no sorries! xD I was kinda hoping I misunderstood the rules so I could add more idea threads LOL maybe next time!

Wow you have a lot of cool ideas here!

I have a suggestion for the fused hindlegs though. Maybe they don't cause damage upon birth?  The tail/legs could be based off of seals or walruses, rather than fish. Given nichelings seem mostly mammalian,  I think it would make more sense?

to me it seems a little harsh to have a penalty for being born

Some cool ideas in here, particularly I like the adaption mutations idea. I think either add an untouchable bubble to the selected mutations window that will fill in depending on what your nicheling does, or create another tab for a few adapted mutations. Some other examples I can think of are toxic fruit and hunting rabbils/stagmoles, which would mutate toxic body/poison fangs or claws/horns.

I agree with this!