Stray Fawn Community

Motherload planets

Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats!

It would be a cool yet somewhat useless feature, (in the current state of the game) but having motherload planets with a bunch of resources would be nice. These planets would be twice the size of normal planets. Mother load planets also contain a large amount of one resource, ONE resource. It would be enough to fill at least a dozen containers. But of course, most of it is underground, and well that’s a big place on these planets. Not to mention they are very heavily guarded. The planets them selves would come in several verities, of course matching their type of resource. (for example, a blue motherload would be on a large magma planet) Well this is basically it,  but I want to list what each type of motherload planet would be like, so I’d like to know what a red or yellow one might look like.

5 replies to this post

Make every motherlode a planet with very dense (hard to damage) terrain.  You'd need a specialized drone to crack it without taking hours.

I like this.  Make players improvise a new design, or move on to easier to reach ores.

Another thing I forgot to touch on is that  we will definitly need more uses for resource, like being able to trade reasource for points with factions (wich hopefully will be added soon) so that pirates wouldn't attack you any more, or transmitters would become your ally... I'll probably make a post about allternate ways to use resource.

Get a tech tree forcing you to unlock every variant part.  Start you off with nothing but small fuel, small energy, basic thrusters, small armor blocks, and a blaster.  Make the player research, and make the triangles on each planet earn you research progress; so you need resources, but you can't just get everything in a moment by putting more and more money on it.

4 minutes ago, Lurkily said:

Get a tech tree forcing you to unlock every variant part.  Start you off with nothing but small fuel, small energy, basic thrusters, small armor blocks, and a blaster.  Make the player research, and make the triangles on each planet earn you research progress; so you need resources, but you can't just get everything in a moment by putting more and more money on it.

Now that’s just evil.

If we have motherlode planets laying around . . . we want them to be rewarding, but also not the keys to the kingdom.

Also, the learning curve is pretty steep.  By exposing a player to more complex sensors and logic only after they start flying a drone and wanting to do more intelligent things with it, you can soften that learning curve a little so the increased complexity matches their increasing interest.