Stray Fawn Community

Lava planet tweaks

Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats!

Some lava planet improvements

-blue resources spawn below ground (or at least closer to the core on fractured planets) Blue resource is too easy to attain, if you had to go underground to mine it players would think more about strategy so they don't get caught in the eruption. Right now, Blue resources spawn on the surface, and that's bad.

-Lava bubble range indicator: As of now, it's kinda hard to know where the heat zone on a lava bubble starts, so I think it needs a faint red glow around it's range.

-Enemy improvement: Lava bombers need to be faster and have more health, (because they are too easy to kill right now) and Hamerheads should take longer to freeze.

2 replies to this post

I have found most blue resources do spawn further in, but I wouldn't be opposed to making it even more biased to spawning underground.

I can go for 'heat hazes'.  Cold sources should have a haze, too.

What about giving hammerheads an internal heat source, that you can disable only after it's frozen?  It makes more sense for a lava creature, and is more inherent to what they are, than an arbitrary rule.  Disabling the heat source by freezing them maintains cold as a severe weakness for them, too, which I think is a good thing.