Stray Fawn Community

help me think of ideas for a desert biome!

georgie

8 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

I feel like the replacement Balance Bear would go with the theme of using a bear, so it would be a bear base with a scorpion tail and spikes, maybe?

ooh, nice idea! according to google gobi bears are a desert bear species, so maybe its them mixed with a scorpion? i can imagine that being a very formidable creature.

8 minutes ago, Brokenshock said:

And about the lion snake... There aren't lions in the desert. They're in the Savannah... I think.

lions do live in the desert! they just also live in savannahs.

and about the thorny devil, that could instead mean the body would mean a nicheling wouldnt have to drink, but i can imagine it still giving the spiky ability and distasteful appearance, and maybe +2 heat resistance.

ok, im going to put all of your ideas down and make a piece of paper (or something) with all of these ideas fully thought out, and then figure out what other things people need to think of. this is going so great!

Burrowing Owboa (or just Owboa)

A combination of a Burrowing Owl and a Jerboa. It looks like a burrowing owl with Jerboa ears, tail, and legs (except it has talons). Can both fly and walk on the ground. Would eat small prey and berries (or whatever the desert equivalent will be), steal meat, and steal babies!

This would be the Bluebird alternative (I call them bluebirds okay)!

• Like 1