Stray Fawn Community

Add New Weapons

F0XTRAUT

The game, Nimbatus, could use more weapons besides the Blaster, Shotgun, Laser, Rocket Launcher, etc. There isn't as much variety with weapons and other propulsion parts as well. Maybe add a Tesla Weapon or a Huge Thruster. Or maybe add a Railgun that shots a really powerful shell super fast. IF you guys have any other ideas please comment below. I just want more weapons please.

2 replies to this post

A lot of this you can do through the upgrades; accuracy and damage upgrades can provide you with a ralgun-like weapon, (though a strike-through upgrade would be needed to complete the set)  for instance.  I think the whole concept of Nimbatus is that rather than providing ready-made solutions to every need, the player is given very basic tools from which they can make just about anything they want. If you want stun bullets, you can add ice element to them, if you want to knock enemies around, you can use the impact force and zero-damage upgrades, if you want ICBM-style bullets, fix your weapons outwards, and use guided rockets. (Though guidance currently kind of sucks.)

Weapons with electrical behavior are one thing that can't really be replicated with what's at hand.  I suggested bringing back the 'spark' particles from the alpha demo to help with that, perhaps as a distinct weapon type with access to different upgrades with an electrical theme.

In short, I think I would prefer to see more upgrades, so you can make these weapons be whatever you want them to be. The whole theme of the game is to use very simple parts to create very powerful and sometimes very complex behavior.  (Though I agree that more diversity is needed in some basic parts, such as engines and shields.)

• Like 2