Stray Fawn Community

Story Mode Playthrough

mhiahia

I've started a tribe in story mode some time ago, and now, after about 300 days, I have no clue about their "history". Since this kinda frustrates me, I decided to start a new story mode tribe on another save file, and post it here. This is mainly meant for me, but also for everyone who enjoys reading playthroughs. I will upload irregularly, and I can't say how long it'll take me to reach home island, or if I even manage to reach this goal. Naming ideas for any Nicheling are welcome, so are survival tips. I will also kind of create my own lore, and switch back and forth between the story and my comments.

As Adam looks around on the island he dropped onto, fear rises in his chest. He's alone, all alone. There aren't any orange pelts around him, and the sounds of the pack are gone. The familiar chirping, the high, excited cries of the playing kids, the deep call of is mother - the only thing he hears are the reeds, slowly floating in the wind. His siblings, his mother and their warm, calming scent are far away. He feels uneasy, his heart beats loud and irregularly.  Being alone isn't something that lies in his nature. It is against her. 

20190113180217_1.thumb.jpg.62028454a10c008072992bbba9ac14eb.jpg

Adam stumbles over to the next tile, searching comfort in the familiar smell of the berries, as he falls asleep next to them. He awakes the next morning, disorientated and confused. In his dream, he was back on his island, playing under the watching eyes of the adults. His memory starts fading as he notices his hunger. He decides to pick some berries, but the task proves to be hard and tiring. Soon, he decides to sleep again. The next day, he notices a flowery port at the northern end of the island, and curiously makes his way up there.

On his way he grows older, and as he sits in front of the long path of stone tiles that lead into the sea, towards a new island, a new home, he's become an adult. He puts his paw onto the first stone, and leaves his island behind him.

20190113180314_1.thumb.jpg.4c1825f7173905546c8efbd8b384fb03.jpg

His old island has long disappeared behind him, and as he starts to feel tired, a breeze brings a bunch of new, unfamiliar smells. His pace fastens and soon he spots an island in front of him. Then, in just a mere second, the sea begins to shake, and so the tiles he stands on. Panicked, Adam runs towards the island, while the stones behind him crumble, and start to sink into the ocean. The ground starts to slip away under his paws, and he jumps-

The ground is hard, and the feeling of disorientation and fear remind him of the bird and his dreadful fall. As the pain starts to fade, Adam scrambles onto his shivering legs. He flattens his fur and decides to take a look around. It's an utter shock as his nose discovers the smell of one of his kind. He sniffs once again, this time carefully examining the smell. It's a female, about his age and she's close. Excitement and joy overwhelm him and drive his caution away. The need, the craving for a pack, for a companion is stronger than ever.

20190113180406_1.thumb.jpg.8d44465225ec646f62d601e408e12dad.jpg

The female sits still in the grass, waiting for him. Adam approaches her carefully - he has been alone for almost as long as he can remember, and he's not sure how to interact with her. It seems as if she's as alone as he is, since Adam can't find a trace of another animal. He's still kind of wary. The female's head looks strange to him, broad and heavy, not to mention her fur - a strange, shining colour, only occasionally broken by a light brown. Shy, he chirps his name as a greeting towards her. She answers immediately with her name, a deeper, softer sound - she is called Eve. Encouraged by this, Adam offers her some berries that he picked on his old island. The female curiously sniffs at them, then she begins to carefully eat one after another, obviously enjoying the new, unfamiliar taste.

As the day starts to come to his end, the two of them lie down next to each other. They touch each others nose and groom the others fur, exchanging their smell in the process, getting to know each other better.

I have been writing this for some time now, and I just want to post this, so here I go. Also, I try to take a more realistic approach, as you might have noticed. English isn't my native language, so my writing isn't too good.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

HOLD UP RIGHT THERE

YOUR ENGLISH IS REALLY GOOD

Wow, thank you so much! I still have room to improve though. Also, I can't handle compliments well, so just - thanks again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aroefex said:

Dropping by to say that your Eve is pretty, must be the patterns and the colors that sort of remind me of a cat

nO

YOU DO NOT SAY "EVE"

YOU SAY "EYE"

(if youre confused look at the niche language dictionary and my post called "look at my eve!")

• Like 1
  • Haha 2