Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 003: Monitor Lizard (A new form of attack)

Biogamer

They did birds, they did fish, heck they even did insects, why not reptiles? The monitor lizards are an amazing start for the introduction to reptile genes. This gene would not only help with fighting of predators but also provide use in hot biomes. To start out would be a two new snout, forked tongue and poison saliva. Now I'm not saying add a monitor head on a nicheling, that would be a nightmare. But instead something along the lines similar to a short snout with sometimes the fork tongue sticking out. It would be obtained by hunting 50 Rabbils. The effect would be +2/3 smelling and +1 heat resistance.

The next snout, the poison saliva follows a more dangerous field. Not only are the famous Komodo Dragons poisonous but also for the 1.1.4 update there was meant to be healing saliva, so this is somewhat like a way to continue it on. The way to get the poison saliva would likely be not only be collecting from poisonous bushes 30 times (50 for toxic body is too much) but also spend 30 days in a hot climate. The gene cause +1 Venomous, +1 Strength and +2 smelling, this could do great with all the bearyenas in these biomes as well as a new gene to counter poisonous bushes.

There wouldn't be a body for this because it won't really suit the nichelings (just imagine a scaled body with the rest). There would be paws though, the scaled leg would be obtained by staying in a hot climate for 50 days and moving 30 times. This one is my favourite idea with the effects being +1 Speed and +2 strength, not only that but the legs would be similar to digging paw but scaled. This would likely also be the case for hind legs (unlocking it) which have +1 Speed, +1 Swimming and +1 stealth.

Finally there would be the Whip tail (a long slender tail) that would be unlocked by spending 30 days in grass and attack 30 times (not really sure for this one 😆). The effects for this tail with +1 swimming and +2 Strength.

Hope this was interesting Sincerely Biogamer

Image result for lace monitor lizard

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

@VankirvanJD I would also love to have an actual monitor head xD

This is a pretty cool idea, but you should give these separate posts so that people can vote for each thing seperately. For example I love the idea of the monitor head, but I'm not that bothered about the legs

I would also change the stats for the head slightly. I would remove the heat resistance and instead of having a separate gene for the venomous saliva (not to be that person, but saliva can't be poisonous) and add stats for venom to the head. It wouldn't make much sense to have the saliva be a seperate gene 

Edit: that tiny wee box you get to type in edits is a real pain in the butt lol. I totally missed the bit about the whip tail, that's also pretty awesome :D

Edited by BirdsAreCool
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1