Stray Fawn Community

Tribe of the Elder Bear

KittyDragon

(Note: This post is updated frequently with news about new members, changes to certain areas, and more. All of this is written at the end of this post, so you won't have to search this entire section every time you come on. Also, anything in parenthesis is said by me - KittyDragon, and not part of the actual conversation between Nichelings. Just wanted to let you know.)

Wobble - Hey there, welcome to our tribe! ...Huh, you were expecting a more interesting and mystical introduction? Sorry about that, I'm no good at talking formally... Anyways, are you new here? Well, in that case I should probably start by telling you the laws in our tribe.

First, No bad words, inappropriate jokes, or anything like that. The Elder's Cub is pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff, so it's best to keep things family friendly.

Next, Don't be mean just to be mean. Yeah, sure arguments happen sometimes, that can be forgiven, but pushing people around on purpose is taking things too far. (You can roleplay arguments between characters as long as everybody is okay with it, but you're not allowed to target the people playing them directly.)

The same thing goes for creating chaos. Accidents happen sometimes but causing trouble on purpose is a serious offence.

Also, don't get to violent. Attacking for hunting and defense may be necessary, just no killing for sport. (This applies mainly to roleplaying. I don't expect anyone to want - or be able to - harm anyone physically. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean it's allowed.)

Oh, and anybody is allowed to fill any position, no genetic restrictions here!

Erm... well looks like that's about it for rules. I guess I should show you around then!

g.thumb.png.114ca57e014b7fa502b98fe784cb5524.png

All right, here in the center of the island is the camp. (circled in green on the map)

The camp is where the tribe members spend most of their time. That area over there is where the Elder Bear stays. The Elder Bear leads our tribe, and is accompanied by his metaphorical "Cub", Anepa most of the time. Anepa cares for the Elder and speaks for him because I'm pretty sure no one else speaks bear.

l.png.9ccb6081a9d00ed4f8f751be43980cb7.png (The Camp)

1416251796_WizeElderBear(2).thumb.png.5ac61f6ef2f581e78432ad391717e0e0.png (The Elder Bear)

From here if you cut straight through this grass You'll eventually reach the Aquamarine Marsh. (circled in grey-blue)

The name I came up with is pretty cool right? I have no idea what it means but hey, it's still neat! Anyways, this is where Zorthok trains the Fierce Hunters, or more specifically, yells at them as they smash thorn bushes and knock snails out of trees. ...You might want to be careful if you're considering becoming a Fierce Hunter yourself. This area also serves as what is currently our only watch tower, which is run by Kokirdo.  She's absolutely nuts about snails, so you should probably stay away from her too, as she thinks that they're the very best food and thus the only thing our tribe should ever eat... *Shudders*

a.thumb.png.5016c1fda9df5571f058a82ce68b2f3c.png (Aquamarine Marsh)

Now, continue along the shore here and you'll soon reach Termite Bay... It's not as bad as you might think, trust me! (circled in yellow)

This place gets its name from those three termite hills over there, and you'll only sometimes get bitten if you knock over their nests. This is also where Soup lives, and is supposed to be collecting the right amount and variety of food. Though, he never actually does his job instead he just sits around eating termites all day. Though, this is probably a good thing because otherwise the only thing we'd have to eat is more termites...

d.thumb.png.cf3d57889af7754c27e8414be92b6b76.png (Termite Bay)

And right around this bend is Alga Cove, one of my favorite places on this island! (circled in dark blue)

Alga Cove is where the Nimble Fishers stay, which are organized by Mudskip, and which currently have no members... Instead Mudskip fills the roles as best he can which, honestly, is pretty well! He's really nice, and looks forward to working with any new tribe members.

b.png.d795cefa21eb87393a538fcd475cd869.png (Alga Cove)

Well, that seems to be about it... Oh wait! I forgot to tell you the positions that are open in the tribe! Here, I'll give you the list. Sorry I can't stay any longer, the Anepa wants to see me.

List of Positions

Main Positions

Elder's Cub: (Taken) Cares and speaks for the Elder Bear.

1560385982_AnepartheKeeperoftheCommandingStone(RoleplayingPortrait).png.53ea592cc6a564936370a865f6d8b671.png Anepa - cheery, hardworking, and a little crazy. Tries to cast magic using rocks during her free time.

Guiding Nicheling (Taken) Introduces new members.

2011745751_Wobbleisback!.png.e0080e26388e201f22140021640c5774.png Wobble - absolutely useless and adorable. Not very bright, yet has a quick wit and fiery determination. Secretly wishes he had wings.

Mystic Bluebird: (Open) Heals any hurt nichelings who come on our island.

Droplets of Hope: (2 Open) Gathers medicine and helps heal nichelings.

Nurturing Dodomingo: (Open) Cares for any young nichelings on the island.

Food Gatherers

Tranquil Rabbil: (Taken) Organizes the Peaceful Gatherers to make sure a variety of foods are obtained.

Mime.jpg.2dd458522d98bc634b0b46037b63f5b8.jpg Mime - calm and caring, Goddess of arctic rabbits.

Peaceful Gatherers: (4 Open) Gathers food, but does not hunt.

595840631_LazySoup.png.a753aa5c9e715a669b20ad5372b281e9.png Soup - slow, laid-back glutton who is truthfully very friendly. Gets bitten frequently when knocking over termite nests. 

Savage Razorannah: (Taken) Trains the Fierce Hunters.

h.png.f7105db6867d5366cc045d24758557bc.png Zorthok - mean, quick-tempered, and loud. Is originally from the jungle.

Fierce Hunters: (3 Open) Hunt for the tribe. Once they have trained enough, they will become a Fearless Defender.

Defense 

Noble Defender: (Semi-Taken *Zorthok will lead until an actual Noble Defender is chosen.*) Organizes all defense-related missions on the islands. Trains the Fearless Defenders.

Fearless Defenders: (4 Open) Defend the tribe from threats.

Wide-Eyed Ape: (Open) Organizes the Watchful Scouts' shifts and keeps track of information.

Watchful Scouts: (1 Open) Keep watch for any threats and report them back to the leader.

i.png.a2ca2016efdf03018602ee6647dab561.png Kokirdo - sassy, bold, and confident. Is obsessed with snails. Wanted to name the Aquamarine Marsh the Snail Swamp.

Screenshot (3).png Wren (Surprising Confetti) - Friendly, generous, and very observant. Gets distracted easily, collects things from around the island.

Graceful Clownkoi: (Taken) Organizes patrols to catch fish and welcome visitors from other islands.

1774939054_MudskiptheblindFishcreature.png.6f51cfeacb4645ea3a6803d4b79176c3.png Mudskip - quiet, curious, and loving. Wishes to see the tribe grow

Nimble Fishers: (3 Open) Patrol around the island to get rid of leeches, spot threats, and catch fish.

Explorers

Wandering Walrus Deer: (Open) Organizes expeditions and adventures to new islands.

Brave Adventurers: (4 Open) Explore new islands to help grow the tribe.

Dove of Peace: (Open) Travels to other groups, and makes sure everyone's at peace.

Current Roles Needing To Be Filled

Nurturing Dodomingo, Fierce Hunters, Nimble Fishers, Mystic Bluebird/Droplets of Hope.

If you have an idea for a new position let me know, and I might add it!

Anepa: Wait! Before you go, I would like to tell you one last thing. You may have heard about previous restrictions involving those affiliated with the war. Well, I am pleased to announce that the war has finally ended, so those restrictions no longer apply. Enjoy your stay!

(Note: People seem to be confused about our tribal system, so I'm posting this note to clear things up. I don't expect anybody to roleplay everything their character does in their day-to-day life. The roles exist so that the nichelings seem to be doing something while the player isn't there. For example, when I'm not on, just assume that all of my nichelings are doing their normal jobs, but when I start playing as them again, that means that something unusual happened that they have to react to, like an invasion, a new member showing up, or even just another character talking to them. Of course you're still allowed to roleplay nichelings as they do their jobs. It can lead to interesting situations and helps build their personalities.)

(Schedule: I'm not active on this forum from 7:00am to 4:30pm from Monday - Friday due to school. You're still allowed to post then, but I won't be able to respond until after I get home. If anything changes about this schedule, then I'll post it in the news section.)

News!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Biogamer said:

Sorry I'm new to the whole roleplay thing 😅. So how do you exactly roleplay with other players?

(I'm still trying to find that out for myself... But for now, if you want to join just bring a nicheling you want to play as, then tell me what you want their job to be. I'll build this up as it goes on. Oh, and for roleplaying, you're basically reacting to other characters and events as if you were in the same world as them, and try to respond to things in the way that you think your character would... Though, you probably know that. If you are confused about the tribal structure, I added a part to the end of the introduction that will hopefully clear up any confusion you have.)

(I'm currently working on a project where I draw all of the nichelings in the tribe to replace the screenshots shown in the introduction. I'm doing this to better represent each character's personality, and to help give this page a more defined mood. So, @SurprisingConfetti I have two questions. First, are you okay with me drawing Wren? And second, if you are, then I would like to know what type of tail she has.)

4 hours ago, KittyDragon said:

(I'm currently working on a project where I draw all of the nichelings in the tribe to replace the screenshots shown in the introduction. I'm doing this to better represent each character's personality, and to help give this page a more defined mood. So, @SurprisingConfetti I have two questions. First, are you okay with me drawing Wren? And second, if you are, then I would like to know what type of tail she has.)

Yes, of course! I'd love to see you draw Wren. Wren has a medium tail. ( And she has clawed back paws. ). Can't wait to see it!

• Thanks 1

(Yes, but I'm not really active on this forum currently, I've only been checking in every couple of minutes. So, I won't really be responding very often. Once we get a few other members, then roleplaying will get a bit faster. Though, since you seemed interested in doing something, maybe Wren could look around the other tribes to make sure there's nothing dangerous going on. It's just a suggestion really, I'm fine with you doing what you'd like to.

Wren let out a big sigh, she glanced back over to the Elder Bear and Anepa. She shot them a quick smile and then flapped her chestnut wings. Wren picked up wind and started her way to the northeast portion of the island. A soft call from a little behind her sent her dead in her tracks. She whipped her head around towards the sound. Her blue eyes widened as she laid eyes on the equally blue bird of prey. She shuddered and beat her wings rapidly to escape the bird. Of course it paid no attention to her, she still didn't want to encounter it. She feared it would challenge her.. She hummed a little tune trying to calm herself down. A rustle bellow her caught her attention. "Predator!" Her mind screeched. She hovered over the patch of rustling grass. "No, no, no... Far too small for a humongous beast.." She sighed in relief. "Imagine how impressed Anepa and the Elder Bear would be if I caught a predator on the first day of the job.." She wondered to herself. She flew to the ground, revealing what was hiding in the patch of long grass with one outstretched wing. A little bunny with it's whiskers quivering squeaked in fear. "Aha!" She yelled out loud, "You're going in my newest collection!". She swooped her wings around the rodent, it squealed and struggled. The bunny eventually scrambled out of her wings. "Whatever... I bet someone will find and eat you." she scoffed to herself as she flew into the sky again. She sighed in boredom, but then a little spark of excitement thrilled her as she noticed how close she was to the Aquamarine Marsh. She gradually approached the mushy ground below her. "Hello everyone!". 

• Like 2

*Zorthok weaves his way through the reeds, mumbling to himself about something.*

Zorthok - as soon as adam is ready, our plan will be in set in motion. though, i need to figure out when to attac -

*He stops suddenly as Wren lands. Panicked, he leaps back into the reeds, then after a moment he carefully creeps back out into the open.*

Zorthok - W-what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be on watch!?  ...Or, perhaps you've come to receive battle training from me?

• Like 1

"Oh, um.. I'm just checking around, this is my very first day on the job. I'm trying to get to know the island!" She explained quickly, examining the dark-furred fanged nicheling. She curled her fluffy tail, Wren peeked over examining Zorthok's coat. "Red stripes.. How curious and mysterious.." she thought.

• Like 2

"Hmph... Fine then." Zorthok muttered, trying to hide his his panic. He flees back into the reeds, whispering under his breath. "Hopefully she did't hear too much, if anyone finds out about my plan then..." His voice fades away, too quiet to be heard anymore.

• Like 1

She blinked, looking around the swamp, she was alone now. Alone besides the bugs. "I wonder what Zorthok does all day.." She sighed. Wren lowered her nose to the ground below her. She scented some murky water, she followed the smell to a small brown puddle. She stared at it, there were little bugs swimming around in it. "Mosquito babies." she shivered. She turned around, fluttering up to one of the marsh trees. Little snails crawled up and down the branches. "I wonder where I could find just the shell." She murmured. She decided it would be totally perfect for her collection, which she didn't have at the moment. But Wren was determined she would find something interesting.  She flew up to the sky again, taking one last look at the camp before she began flying directly south of the camp. Since the savanna area wasn't too far off, she could see the tall yellow grass and looming termite hills.

Soup was perched beside a broken termite hill, his dusty yellow snout buried within it. As Wren landed, he paused to look up at her. "Oh... hey Wren. You look hungry, want a snack?" He holds his paw up, offering Wren a termite.

(Today was an early release day at school, so I'm posting this early. I also finished Wren's picture, though I won't be able to show it to you until tommorow because I can't scan it onto my computer until then.)

Kokirdo looks down at Wren from one of the branches of the Great Mangrove, the giant mangrove tree which lies in the heart of the Aquamarine Marsh, and where Kokirdo makes her home. "Aha! There you are!" she says as she flutters down to the ground, her hammer-like tail bouncing off one of the roots of the huge tree. "So Wren, I saw that you were curious about the snails in this swamp." She holds her head up, and boasts, "I know more about snails then anyone else in this tribe, so I'm the one to talk to if you're interested in them. What would you like to know?"

Kokirdo grins at Wren saying, "Ah, yes that would be a wonderful addition to your collection! In fact, the snails that reside in this tree here are known to have especially bright colors and patterns on their shells. This tree's roots are said to spread below the entire island, collecting plenty of minerals. So when the snails eat its leaves, those minerals are stored in their shells, making them extra beautiful!" Kokirdo lands on one of the mangrove's huge roots and rakes away the leaves covering the ground. Below lies a sapphire-blue shell, its swirling pattern is sea green, fading to yellow. She looks up and continues talking "The weather on this island stays mostly dry in the fall and winter, and very rainy during spring and summer. The snails here have evolved to grow shells right before fall to keep from dehydrating, then cast them off once spring starts, a curious habit that few other snails show. Because of this, there are plenty of these shells below this giant tree!" Kokirdo hooks the shell off the ground with her clawed wings, lifting it up to allow the sunlight to shine off of it. "Each shell is very different. They can be red with a yellow starburst pattern, purple with lines of silver, almost any combination of colors and patterns imaginable!" She places the shell back on the ground and lifts herself into the air, hovering for a moment as she says, "I would love to tell you more, but I'm sure you can't wait to start searching! Just make sure you don't stay here too long, or else Zorthak will catch you and try to give you battle training." She flaps up into the branches of the Great Mangrove, disappearing into its dense canopy of leaves. Kokirdo's shrill, raspy voice calls out from the branches one last time as she says, "I'll be here if you want to know more about snails!"

Wren nodded quickly, her eyes wide with new gained information. "She sure does know all about snails.." She murmured to herself. She stalked over to the base of the mangrove tree and chose a purple shell with light green stripes. "How intriguing." She hopped from on paw to another. She flew off towards main camp. A little away from the camp she set aside a place to store her valuables. She placed the shell in a patch of green grass, she lifted back into the sky and started flying towards the south east coast of the island. She landed on the sand beside Algae cove. Her tail curled excitedly and she approached the turquoise water. She peered into the water, searching for a webbed nicheling.

• Like 2