Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 007: Praying Mantis (some new pain for predators and other nichelings)

Biogamer

Most people know the praying mantis from Kung Fu Panda with his abnormal strength but the genes must be realistic. Firstly would be a new set of eyes (like the colugo idea I made earlier). The compound eyes would have +4 eyesight instead, but it wouldn't be easier to get. The best way to obtain it would be to travel in grass (without removing it) around 50 times.

The snout for this gene set would be mandibles, as we now that most insects have mandibles so why not turn it into a weapon? The mandible should be obtained by collecting 100 meat, so that way players won't easily collect it right away. The mandibles effect would be +1 smelling (smell isn't really isn't used by insects), +2 attack and +1 cannibalism (so it's kind of controversial). Don't worry a nicheling with mandibles won't be able to eat your nichelings but other wanderers, rouge males, ect.

The next gene will be the more famous part of the praying mantis, the folding forelimbs. The way to obtain the 'praying claw' would be attack and crack 50 times. This references how a praying mantis can claw at all types of prey. The effects would be +2 attack and +2 cracking meaning there would be pretty good collectors/attackers. I don't think there shouldn't be any new pattern types but maybe a new fur colour, green which would provide +2 in grass and jungle.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer

download.jpg

4 replies to this post

yeah I tried nerving it with what someone had to do to unlock it. Maybe instead the praying claw may only have +2 for strength of the stats but only +1 for cracking. I'm not really sure mantis are just naturally OP 😅.

can you please use seperate posts so folks can vote for each gene seperately

I'm not really feeling any of these. I also can't see a mantis being able to crack a nut open with its arms. Collecting would probably be more appropriate than cracking