Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 036: Humming Bird (this one is pretty weird)

Biogamer

The humming bird is cute, fast and seems peaceful. But studies have shown that males have evolved barbed and hooked beaks for fighting, so what if we made these genes (ps also based of an image I saw online while thinking of this)? First would be the Hummers Beak which would be obtained by not only having a nicheling with the bird beak in the tribe (can only appear once for it to count) but also collecting 50 times. The effects would be for males +2 strength and +2 smelling, whilst the females would have +2 collecting and +2 smelling. Next would be the Humming body which would be a feathered body which would be unlocked by flying 30 times and spendings 50 days in a jungle biome. The effects would be +2 flying, +1 stealth and +2 speed. Finally would be small wings which would be unlocked by flying 50 times and traveling 50 times. The effects would be +2 flying and +1 speed (patterns have already been covered).

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.gif

https://steamcommunity.com/id/betwixted 

4 replies to this post

I love the idea of a hummingbird beak, but I think rather than making it different for males and females it should give +1 strength (it shouldn't be any more powerful than the ram horns or antlers in my opinion) +1 collecting and +1/2 smelling. It wouldn't be physically different for males and females, so it wouldn't be more powerful on a male just because its a male or better at collecting on a female just because its on a female. Stats should only vary between the sexes if there is sexual dimorphism like with the peafowl tail

There's a suggestion here for a hummingbird beak which includes some pretty complicated pollinating abilities. I'd personally rather it just came with collecting, and I love the idea of it giving strength too