Stray Fawn Community

Wolf Genes? (#SaveNiche)

NINJA >->

Wolf Genes. Well More like Genes that will allow the Nicheling Pack to become Stronger! Faster? and Playful!
At the moment Nichelings are just statues with moving heads.
Maybe adding Genes which allow Nichelings to interact with each other can benifit the entire pack or those arround them.

Howling Snout.
Allows For howling wich can give a 2day Buff to strength if there are 3 or more Nichelings moving together. (Stackable 3x times)
(Unknown stats)

Fluffy Body.
Makes Nichelings faster, and stronger attacks? Exchange for lower Defence/HP.
(Unknown stats)

Fluffy Ears and Tail! (Cosmetics?) (Must be unlocked by mating with wolves?/Nichelings with trait)
Ears allow for greater hearing but make the Nicheling look more desirable for hunting.
Tail allows 1 more movement maybe even adds 1 Defence?

Predator Eyes (Unlocked by mating with predators)
4 sight

Playful Genes

Soft snout
Allows nichelings to heal exchange for food cost of 1
Allows nichelings Lick to heal hemophilia (50% heal) Cost 2 food!

Soft Tail
Allows the nicheling to warm the target reciever. (effective for 1day)

Slobber Snout
Salavia! an animals most effective tool, allows for Grater! Healing Exchange it can only be used once per 2days 

Nocturnal Eyes
If there is an Stranger/Predator moving at night around 4 tiles, the Nicheling May be able to see them, and let a growl for an alert!

Open to Imporvements?
(#SaveNiche)

13 replies to this post

You're stacking this like you would a set in an MMORPG...

- A tail can give cold resistance in reality, but not much in way of movement unless it's apes, or cats balancing on trees.

- I don't think any known predator targets prey by ear size or shape. 

- Nichelings don't have HP, only lifespan. Same problem as in point 1, it just doesn't make sense within the context of genes

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NINJA >-> said:

im just saying this for an example when i say HP not meaning definate and technically their lifespan is their HP. Decrease or increased life by damaged etc

Normal HP don't count down days. Life expectancy includes both functions. If it were just hit points, a nicheling may be fragile, okay. But that doesn't automatically reduce its lifespan. That's the whole issue. Reducing HP would work by lowering defense and having nichelings take more damage, but not combined. As for multiple perspectives, people use HP/defense as either undefined, both, or interchangeable, so for me, the reader, this doesn't tell me enough. It's not hard to add descriptions when introducing new functions. 

4 minutes ago, NINJA >-> said:

I don't think you understood at what point im looking at this.
i consider "Health Points" To be affected by an always decreasing number average being 20 days then death
And as for the "fragile" part i mean they get more hurt.
If i may suggest. you should try and look at the statement in several ways and not just through 1 POV. You must consider the writters meaning, as how i have considered the Viewers POV ^^
I hope this reply helps clear up what i mean by HP and hope that this helps you on your future Criticising methods

Look at my updated comment, as it should make more sense now.

52 minutes ago, NINJA >-> said:

> - > wow your dense...
HP Can be effected by multiple things. Inculding but not limited to "Life Span" but the thing is most games don't use Niche's System for the "Life"
No mater how you look at it. you can consider this to be the fact.
HP is the number of Hit points / Health Said character has untill death.
Effects that can lower this number are Perminanent Damage, Debuffs and but not lastly "Life Span"
In Niche's Case Life span effects the "HP" by taking one point of perminanently per day and increases the age number of the character.

OTHER GAMES use a method called strength in youth. 
1-16 years of character age you are more vulnerbal
17-50 or so your more agile, endured and sttonger!
75/80-100 years you become an elder and your much weaker but smarter. thus back to being vulnerable.

Also Im getting tired of responding so unless you have factual evidence to back up your statement like how i have just done. Please stop. im asking kindly.

Other games have a method niche doesn't, hence niche has the same method it is said to not have. Sure. Again, I'm asking to make it more clear to the reader, not anything else. Are you proposing:

- flat stat decrease (-x% days). (E.g. consequence: being one hit more often. Makes nicheling live a shorter life when never attacked.)

Or:

- more damage taken when attacked (% or flat). (There's only one paw gene to add defence if this is your body, so it might need more coding/a new stat in the bar. More coding effort, fewer genes implemented in an update.)

One does not require the other. You use HP/Defence a lot, so I and other people might not understand what you're referring to if you don't elaborate in your suggestions. That's my whole issue with it. 

39 minutes ago, NINJA >-> said:

If i may suggest. you should try and look at the statement in several ways and not just through 1 POV. You must consider the writters meaning, as how i have considered the Viewers POV ^^

The problem is, we don't know what you were thinking when writing this suggestion

3 hours ago, NINJA >-> said:

> - > wow your dense...
HP Can be effected by multiple things. Inculding but not limited to "Life Span" but the thing is most games don't use Niche's System for the "Life"
Effects that can lower this number are Perminanent Damage, Debuffs and but not lastly "Life Span"
In Niche's Case Life span effects the "HP" by taking one point of perminanently per day and increases the age number of the character.

75/80-100 years you become an elder and your much weaker but smarter. thus back to being vulnerable.

Also Im getting tired of responding so unless you have factual evidence to back up your statement like how i have just done. Please stop. im asking kindly.

So are you proposing a whole new system of HP into the game? 

Also what is #SaveNiche? Just curious.

#saveniche because the steam version hasn't been updated in months not even having a notice posted there to tell the community whats going on. 

On 3/19/2020 at 5:09 AM, G00gle Translate said:

So are you proposing a whole new system of HP into the game? 

Also what is #SaveNiche? Just curious.

• Paw up 1

3 minutes ago, NINJA >-> said:

#saveniche because the steam version hasn't been updated in months not even having a notice posted there to tell the community whats going on. 

This is what's going onkuva.thumb.png.6b443556220e9fa70ba4cd8eb78eab10.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

You're stacking this like you would a set in an MMORPG...

- A tail can give cold resistance in reality, but not much in way of movement unless it's apes, or cats balancing on trees.

- I don't think any known predator targets prey by ear size or shape. 

- Nichelings don't have HP, only lifespan. Same problem as in point 1, it just doesn't make sense within the context of genes

im just saying this for an example when i say HP not meaning definate and technically their lifespan is their HP. Decrease or increased life by damaged etc

2 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Normal HP don't count down days. Life expectancy includes both functions. If it were just hit points, a nicheling may be fragile, okay. But that doesn't automatically reduce its lifespan. That's the whole issue...

I don't think you understood at what point im looking at this.
i consider "Health Points" To be affected by an always decreasing number average being 20 days then death
And as for the "fragile" part i mean they get more hurt.
I hope this reply helps clear up what i mean by HP and hope that this helps you on your future Criticising methods

7 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Normal HP don't count down days. Life expectancy includes both functions. If it were just hit points, a nicheling may be fragile, okay. But that doesn't automatically reduce its lifespan. That's the whole issue. Reducing HP would work by lowering defense and having nichelings take more damage, but not combined.

> - > wow your dense...