Stray Fawn Community

Help me Build a PC :D

Applesauce

I’ve been wanting to start doing videos recently but my current PC is way too bare bones. The videos I’ve tried to record through OBS on niche and The Long Dark are like 2 frames per minute at best. So I’ve been saving up for bit and am looking to upgrade. I’ve never built a PC or anything like it. Anything period... but I think I could do it. So if you have tips or experience please help a friend out. I’m thinking custom built and I’ve already done research into the parts I’ll need (CPU, GPU, cooling, RAM, etc)

budget is $500-$600 (US). I want to start off cheap and than upgrade. Thinking of it as an investment.

• Like 1

The game I primarily want to focus on is the long dark. My graphics settings are pretty much as low as you can go and the game isn’t even 100% smooth, so I think that alone will demand a lot.

• Like 1

I’m also thinking of using a tb 1 ssd instead of a hard drive and getting an external hard drive if I need it (I know they’re more $$$ but I’m ok with that)

and what do you think would be better to start with, 8 or 16 ram?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

bro i wish i knew a single thing about computers

welp I think you have either just as much knowledge as me but it's pretty useless.

On 5/27/2021 at 5:26 PM, Applesauce said:

I’m also thinking of using a tb 1 ssd instead of a hard drive and getting an external hard drive if I need it (I know they’re more $$$ but I’m ok with that)

and what do you think would be better to start with, 8 or 16 ram?

On 5/27/2021 at 5:21 PM, Applesauce said:

The game I primarily want to focus on is the long dark. My graphics settings are pretty much as low as you can go and the game isn’t even 100% smooth, so I think that alone will demand a lot.

you should do some research on what you need for good graphics, you'll need the 1Tb chip probably but you'll probably also need a graphics card.

you'll also need a coolant system since 100% of a computer's energy is turned into heat.

the place where most of the power goes is where the heat will be.

but it will probably run smooth with The terabyte chip and graphics card.

The graphics card wouldn't be needed with good commentary since you could describe anything too small to see.

and feel free to ask questions and I'll see if I know.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

and by that I mean please ask questions so I can improve my knowledge.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

bro i wish i knew a single thing about computers

I didn’t know any of this a week ago I was just like, “I want to make YouTube.” And threw myself into research.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

welp I think you have either just as much knowledge as me but it's pretty useless.

you should do some research on what you need for good graphics, you'll need the 1Tb chip probably but you'll probably also need a graphics card.

you'll also need a coolant system since 100% of a computer's energy is turned into heat.

the place where most of the power goes is where the heat will be.

but it will probably run smooth with The terabyte chip and graphics card.

The graphics card wouldn't be needed with good commentary since you could describe anything too small to see.

Funny thing is my current pc actually has a graphics card, but It so smol 😭

And by terabyte chip do you mean hard drive/ssd?

1 hour ago, Applesauce said:

Funny thing is my current pc actually has a graphics card, but It so smol 😭

And by terabyte chip do you mean hard drive/ssd?

that was just the grammer in my head  calling it that.

what I meant was the chip with 1 Terabyte

• Paw up 1

On 5/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, Applesauce said:

I’ve been wanting to start doing videos recently but my current PC is way too bare bones. The videos I’ve tried to record through OBS on niche and The Long Dark are like 2 frames per minute at best. So I’ve been saving up for bit and am looking to upgrade. I’ve never built a PC or anything like it. Anything period... but I think I could do it. So if you have tips or experience please help a friend out. I’m thinking custom built and I’ve already done research into the parts I’ll need (CPU, GPU, cooling, RAM, etc)

budget is $500-$600 (US). I want to start off cheap and than upgrade. Thinking of it as an investment.

still working on this?

Update: I think I’m gonna get a motherboard with a built in cpu cause they can be hard to put on, and two internal hard drives or ssds (I already have one ssd from my current pc. It has all my data on it, so idk if I will need two new ones or the old one and one new one. Current ssd has 250 gbs I think so)