Stray Fawn Community

Adventures of Alarm and Awe

CosmicChaos21

18 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

NOOOOO Midnight :( one of my favorite characters is canonically dead. That sucks you forgot him cause u ended up with an extra spot after Scorch and Moose were left behind...oh well. Hopefully the four that are left will be able to rebuild the tribe. Only 2 members are actually even related to the starters if I'm correct.

Yeah I can't believe I forgot him. I hope the group can rebuild itself again too. Also any particular reason Midnight was one of your favorites?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

I HATE IT WHEN I LEAVE NICHELINGS BEHIND, BUT ALSO IT HAPPENS A LOT TO ME, YOURE NOT ALONE

YEAH IT SUCKS. Good to know someone else does it a lot too(I'm much much more careful with story saves but you wouldn't believe how many nichelings I've accidentally left behind on my personal ones-)

• Paw up 2

PAGE 2!)

“Who are you?” Flower asked after running across a pair of nichelings.

“I’m Peach!” The light brown nicheling with stripes said.

“Robin” The brown nicheling with red spots spoke as he studied Flower, having never seen her on the island before.

“I’m Flower! Do you want to join my group, it’s kinda small now” Flower said as she looked at the two.

“I mean we do have a pup on the way” Peach said, wanting her future pup to be well cared for.

‘This could be a trap, but our pup would have a better chance with more protection’ Robin thought before looking up.

“I’m fine with it if you are” He said as he looked at Peach.

“Sounds good to me!”  Peach agreed easily before sneezing a few times, making Flower concerned.

“Are you okay?” Flower asked as she approached Peach.

“I’m fine, I was born like this” Peach said reassuringly which made Flower reluctantly drop it to instead lead them to the rest of the pack.

“So you two want to join the group?” Acorn asked as he looked at the new nichelings curiously.

“Yeah! Our pup would do better with more food and protection anyway” Peach chirped as she sat down.

“We’re expecting one soon” Robin spoke to prevent any questions.

“Well sure, we could use more members now anyways” Acorn said with a smile.

“Thanks” Peach said with a smile back before she went to lay down, with Robin following after.

23.png.995d8ce348ce8e9e9e6f56183ac0f0a8.png

“Listen this island is really peaceful I don’t understand why you’re so worried” Chestnut said with a yawn as he looked at his brother, who was pacing so much he worried he’d make a path in the ground.

“I’m basically the leader of this pack so I have to make sure everyone’s safe, and now there’ll be a pup to protect soon” Acorn said, momentarily pausing to talk before pacing again.

“Well nothing bad has happened so far and there isn’t even a hint of a dangerous smell yet” Chestnut tried to reassure but Acorn didn’t look any better.

“Yet, it’s too good to be true, something’s going to happen soon no island is every this calm” Acorn slightly growled as he started pacing aggressively? If that was even possible.

“Well worrying about every little what if won’t do anything good, so just relax” Chestnut said making Acorn turn toward him.

“I can’t relax! I have a really bad feeling something is going to happen, I need to be more alert, and you should be too” Acorn replied making Chestnut sigh.

“I guess if you’re that worried I can’t stop you but why do I have to be more alert” Chestnut asked as he looked back at Acorn.

“Because you’re always head in the clouds, you don’t pay much attention and if you aren’t careful you’ll get caught off guard. And you don’t take things seriously enough!” Acorn growled AT Chestnut making him take a step back in shock before he felt himself slightly bristle.

“I don’t need to be on high alert all the time, and just because I don’t feel afraid of every tiny possibility doesn’t mean I’m not taking things seriously!” Chestnut growled right back, feeling confused as to why he was this worked up over it.

“Fine” Acorn scoffed before turning around and darting into the grasses before Chestnut could get a response out causing him to huff before walking to the shore.

With Acorn…

“Is there a reason you look like you’re gonna bite the head off of any nicheling comes near you?”  Splotch asked as he approached Acorn, who was tearing out grasses more violently than usual.

“My brother” Acorn grumbled making Splotch’s eyes widen a bit in surprise.

‘Chestnut? I’ve never seen those two fight’ Splotch thought before saying anything.

“Should I ask why?” Splotch asked as he sat next to Acorn.

“I was trying to warn him to be more alert, this island is too peaceful, but he insisted he was fine and said I was too worried about everything” Acorn said as he continued clearing grass.

“I get that, this island is too peaceful, but weren’t you the one who told me he was smarter than he seems?” Splotch said making Acorn deflate with guilt.

“…I guess I did, I’m just worried he’ll get himself killed because he had his head in the clouds y’know?” Acorn said with a sigh making Splotch nod.

“I’m worried Flower’s kindness will get her killed but I know if I tried to get her to change that she wouldn’t be the same nicheling” Splotch gave his advice in a roundabout way as he scooted a bit closer to Acorn.

“You’re right, I guess I do worry too much” Acorn said as he leaned against Splotch, who stiffened for a second before leaning against him too.

With Chestnut…

Chestnut grumbled as he walked along the shoreline before laying down in the sand to stare at the sea.

‘I don’t need to be more alert, he knows I’m just like that but he asks anyways’ He thought bitterly before almost jumping out of his fur as he felt a weight next to him.

“Oh hello Flower” Chestnut said as he looked at the red and white nicheling.

“Hi, are you alright?” Flower asked as she looked at him with concern.

“Acorn said I should be more alert though he knows this is how I am” Chestnut sighed as he looked back to the sea.

“If he’s anything like Splotch he’s probably just worried, we got in a fight once over my friendliness towards even stranger nichelings” Flower said making Chestnut look over at her.

“Really” He asked not believing those two would fight.

“Yes, we were mad at each other at first and avoided each other but we felt really bad afterwards” Flower said making Chestnut hum in thought.

“Oh” Was all he said as he looked at the waves lap against the sands.

“You don’t have to apologize right away but don’t start another fight” Flower said making Chestnut just nod as the two watched the sun slowly set over the glittering sea.

24.png.4d62545f5afd7781684c3691abc31750.png

Chestnut pawed at the ground before slowly getting up with a deep breath.

‘Just ask her, if she says no you continue like nothing happened’ Chestnut reassured himself before walking up to Flower.

“Oh hi Chestnut” Flower said as she saw him approach.

“I wanted to ask you something” Chestnut said making Flower a bit nervous, he wasn’t the serious type.

“Okay?” She said nervously.

“I was wondering if you maybe wanted to be my mate?” Chestnut asked making Flower freeze in shock. “I mean if you don’t want to-” He started but Flower quickly cut him off.

“NO! I do, um want to be your mate I mean. I was just shocked you asked before I did” Flower said making Chestnut stare before processing her words.

“Well that’s great! Um love you” Chestnut said a bit awkwardly which made Flower snicker.

“Love you too” She said with a smile making Chestnut smile back before the two went to lay down together.

25.png.dfd3bcabb4d8042d239578fd6ffe3726.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Yeah I can't believe I forgot him. I hope the group can rebuild itself again too. Also any particular reason Midnight was one of your favorites?

I think I first liked him cause he was the son of Fang and Bat (and I loved both those characters) but after that because he was just so nervous about everything! It kinda reminded me of myself lol. 

Also since there's only 2 nichelings related to the starters and they're both brothers only one of the lines of the original 3 siblings (only 2 of which had pups if I remember right) now remains. I forgot which one tho, whether Prince or Stinger. 

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

PAGE 2!)

“Who are you?” Flower asked after running across a pair of nichelings.

“I’m Peach!” The light brown nicheling with stripes said.

“Robin” The brown nicheling with red spots spoke as he studied Flower, having never seen her on the island before.

“I’m Flower! Do you want to join my group, it’s kinda small now” Flower said as she looked at the two.

“I mean we do have a pup on the way” Peach said, wanting her future pup to be well cared for.

‘This could be a trap, but our pup would have a better chance with more protection’ Robin thought before looking up.

“I’m fine with it if you are” He said as he looked at Peach.

“Sounds good to me!”  Peach agreed easily before sneezing a few times, making Flower concerned.

“Are you okay?” Flower asked as she approached Peach.

“I’m fine, I was born like this” Peach said reassuringly which made Flower reluctantly drop it to instead lead them to the rest of the pack.

“So you two want to join the group?” Acorn asked as he looked at the new nichelings curiously.

“Yeah! Our pup would do better with more food and protection anyway” Peach chirped as she sat down.

“We’re expecting one soon” Robin spoke to prevent any questions.

“Well sure, we could use more members now anyways” Acorn said with a smile.

“Thanks” Peach said with a smile back before she went to lay down, with Robin following after.

23.png.995d8ce348ce8e9e9e6f56183ac0f0a8.png

“Listen this island is really peaceful I don’t understand why you’re so worried” Chestnut said with a yawn as he looked at his brother, who was pacing so much he worried he’d make a path in the ground.

“I’m basically the leader of this pack so I have to make sure everyone’s safe, and now there’ll be a pup to protect soon” Acorn said, momentarily pausing to talk before pacing again.

“Well nothing bad has happened so far and there isn’t even a hint of a dangerous smell yet” Chestnut tried to reassure but Acorn didn’t look any better.

“Yet, it’s too good to be true, something’s going to happen soon no island is every this calm” Acorn slightly growled as he started pacing aggressively? If that was even possible.

“Well worrying about every little what if won’t do anything good, so just relax” Chestnut said making Acorn turn toward him.

“I can’t relax! I have a really bad feeling something is going to happen, I need to be more alert, and you should be too” Acorn replied making Chestnut sigh.

“I guess if you’re that worried I can’t stop you but why do I have to be more alert” Chestnut asked as he looked back at Acorn.

“Because you’re always head in the clouds, you don’t pay much attention and if you aren’t careful you’ll get caught off guard. And you don’t take things seriously enough!” Acorn growled AT Chestnut making him take a step back in shock before he felt himself slightly bristle.

“I don’t need to be on high alert all the time, and just because I don’t feel afraid of every tiny possibility doesn’t mean I’m not taking things seriously!” Chestnut growled right back, feeling confused as to why he was this worked up over it.

“Fine” Acorn scoffed before turning around and darting into the grasses before Chestnut could get a response out causing him to huff before walking to the shore.

With Acorn…

“Is there a reason you look like you’re gonna bite the head off of any nicheling comes near you?”  Splotch asked as he approached Acorn, who was tearing out grasses more violently than usual.

“My brother” Acorn grumbled making Splotch’s eyes widen a bit in surprise.

‘Chestnut? I’ve never seen those two fight’ Splotch thought before saying anything.

“Should I ask why?” Splotch asked as he sat next to Acorn.

“I was trying to warn him to be more alert, this island is too peaceful, but he insisted he was fine and said I was too worried about everything” Acorn said as he continued clearing grass.

“I get that, this island is too peaceful, but weren’t you the one who told me he was smarter than he seems?” Splotch said making Acorn deflate with guilt.

“…I guess I did, I’m just worried he’ll get himself killed because he had his head in the clouds y’know?” Acorn said with a sigh making Splotch nod.

“I’m worried Flower’s kindness will get her killed but I know if I tried to get her to change that she wouldn’t be the same nicheling” Splotch gave his advice in a roundabout way as he scooted a bit closer to Acorn.

“You’re right, I guess I do worry too much” Acorn said as he leaned against Splotch, who stiffened for a second before leaning against him too.

With Chestnut…

Chestnut grumbled as he walked along the shoreline before laying down in the sand to stare at the sea.

‘I don’t need to be more alert, he knows I’m just like that but he asks anyways’ He thought bitterly before almost jumping out of his fur as he felt a weight next to him.

“Oh hello Flower” Chestnut said as he looked at the red and white nicheling.

“Hi, are you alright?” Flower asked as she looked at him with concern.

“Acorn said I should be more alert though he knows this is how I am” Chestnut sighed as he looked back to the sea.

“If he’s anything like Splotch he’s probably just worried, we got in a fight once over my friendliness towards even stranger nichelings” Flower said making Chestnut look over at her.

“Really” He asked not believing those two would fight.

“Yes, we were mad at each other at first and avoided each other but we felt really bad afterwards” Flower said making Chestnut hum in thought.

“Oh” Was all he said as he looked at the waves lap against the sands.

“You don’t have to apologize right away but don’t start another fight” Flower said making Chestnut just nod as the two watched the sun slowly set over the glittering sea.

24.png.4d62545f5afd7781684c3691abc31750.png

Chestnut pawed at the ground before slowly getting up with a deep breath.

‘Just ask her, if she says no you continue like nothing happened’ Chestnut reassured himself before walking up to Flower.

“Oh hi Chestnut” Flower said as she saw him approach.

“I wanted to ask you something” Chestnut said making Flower a bit nervous, he wasn’t the serious type.

“Okay?” She said nervously.

“I was wondering if you maybe wanted to be my mate?” Chestnut asked making Flower freeze in shock. “I mean if you don’t want to-” He started but Flower quickly cut him off.

“NO! I do, um want to be your mate I mean. I was just shocked you asked before I did” Flower said making Chestnut stare before processing her words.

“Well that’s great! Um love you” Chestnut said a bit awkwardly which made Flower snicker.

“Love you too” She said with a smile making Chestnut smile back before the two went to lay down together.

25.png.dfd3bcabb4d8042d239578fd6ffe3726.png

Yay! 

11 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I think I first liked him cause he was the son of Fang and Bat (and I loved both those characters) but after that because he was just so nervous about everything! It kinda reminded me of myself lol. 

Also since there's only 2 nichelings related to the starters and they're both brothers only one of the lines of the original 3 siblings (only 2 of which had pups if I remember right) now remains. I forgot which one tho, whether Prince or Stinger. 

Ah that makes sense, I loved Bat and Fang too and would've expanded on them more but alas that balance bear decided to ruin it.

Yeah, well Acorn and Chestnut's mom was Ram and her dad was Stinger so yeah sadly only one of the three siblings kept their lines(Rust and Royal were Prince's pups). But yeah Magma never had pups and I didn't really mention or expand on it but she was AroAce and never wanted pups of her own, she just wanted to explore the lands with the ones she was close to and was content with that.(And I will say Magma maaay have been my favorite of the original siblings honestly lol)

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Ah that makes sense, I loved Bat and Fang too and would've expanded on them more but alas that balance bear decided to ruin it.

Yeah, well Acorn and Chestnut's mom was Ram and her dad was Stinger so yeah sadly only one of the three siblings kept their lines(Rust and Royal were Prince's pups). But yeah Magma never had pups and I didn't really mention or expand on it but she was AroAce and never wanted pups of her own, she just wanted to explore the lands with the ones she was close to and was content with that.(And I will say Magma maaay have been my favorite of the original siblings honestly lol)

Yeah I really liked magma as well, always kinda wondered why she didn't have kids, but it's cool that she's aroace

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

(That's cool. Kids aren't for everyone!  But what a shame that only one of the two groups end up having descendents in the tribe :( It does make sense that it is Prince's tho since he was the official "heir". 

Still, a shame that u canonically killed Midnight off. U coulda just had them be left on the island and then created a savefile with just them! That's more something I like to do tho, explore the story of nichelings that were left behind! 

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Guys, splotch x acorn??? 

; )

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Yeah I really liked magma as well, always kinda wondered why she didn't have kids, but it's cool that she's aroace

Good to know others liked her, I was worried I made her too hostile to be likeable sometimes.

• Like 2

Just now, CosmicChaos21 said:

; )

Good to know others liked her, I was worried I made her too hostile to be likeable sometimes.

(It made her have character and be memoriable!  Besides,  she was really trying to protect those she loved with all that hostility. Especially when she was older :)

3 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(That's cool. Kids aren't for everyone!  But what a shame that only one of the two groups end up having descendents in the tribe :( It does make sense that it is Prince's tho since he was the official "heir". 

Still, a shame that u canonically killed Midnight off. U coulda just had them be left on the island and then created a savefile with just them! That's more something I like to do tho, explore the story of nichelings that were left behind! 

Yeah, I wish there were more too but if I'm hit with a story idea I just kinda go with it even if it messes up things later.

Yeah now I wanna do that but I did kill him off, will remember that for next time tho!

• Paw up 1

Peach and Robin’s pup was soon born, thankfully not sick like her mother but she was born blind.

“What should we name her?” Robin asked as he looked at the small pup.

“Sparrow” Peach said as she smiled at the tiny pup before her smile fell.“You should watch over her when you can, I don’t want to get her sick especially at such a young age” She said sadly.

“If that’s what you want I will” Robin sighed but agreed, he felt bad knowing his mate was just born sickly and nothing, not even those healing plants, could make her healthy.

“Thank you, even if I can’t get that close I’ll do my best to help” Peach said with a smile, though she knew it’d hurt to stay away from her own pup.

“It’s not your fault” Robin said as reassurance to his mate which she just gave a sad smile in return to.

26.png.86839414f55504536f4373052505bc21.png

Not too long after Flower and Chestnut ended up having pups, which shocked the group as they never said anything. Acorn and Chestnut snickered upon seeing the pups though, confusing the rest of the group.

“I mean I don’t know if we told you but me and Acorn are twins so it’s pretty ironic that me and Flower had twins” Chestnut explained as he calmed down from his laughing.

“Oh, I guess that’s pretty funny than” Splotch said as he looked at the two pups sitting in the nest.

“What should we name them anyways?” Chestnut asked as he turned to Flower.

“Hm, Peony and Walnut” Flower said as she looked at the two making Chestnut smile.

“Well I guess that keeps the theme of our names” Chestnut said as he looked at his pups, still not believing that he had his own pups now, it felt like only a moon ago he was a teen hopping island to island.

But then as everything was peaceful Walnut sneezed a lot causing alarm but especially a lot of alarm to Peach and Robin as they knew what that many sneezes usually meant.

“He’s sick” Peach whispered but it cut through the group like a bearyena’s claw.

“But w-we’re both healthy” Flower said as she looked at her pup with concern.

“So were my parents” Peach said sadly as she looked at the pup, already feeling attached at the shared problem they both had.

“He won’t just drop dead will he?” Flower asked making Chestnut simply zone out in fear of the answer.

Robin and Peach looked at each other, trying to figure out if it’d be worse to lie and give them false hope or tell the truth and panic them.

“…There’s a chance he won’t live through the night” Peach said making Flower’s blood feel like ice.

The group was silent the whole day and night after that.

“He’s still alive, that’s better than a lot of sick pups” Peach said the next morning making Flower and Chestnut almost deflate in relief.

Flower and Chestnut smiled at their pup, hoping for a bright future for him.

27.png.60d7da42cccd678c4b0d6e016fb4f155.png

Time felt like a blur as the three pups were already teens, and quite the pawful too. Which lead us to this, where Walnut is planning an adventure by themselves.

“Won’t they find out?” Sparrow asked as her ears swiveled for any noises.

“Not if we’re careful! We just have to make sure to be back before it start getting dark and we’ll be completely fine” Walnut dismissed as he looked at Peony, who was just staring at him. “What?” He asked as he stared back at his twin.

“Do you really think they’re that stupid? If we’re gone for even half the time you said they’ll ask us a million and one questions” Peony scoffed as she idly ripped some grass out of the ground.

“And we’ll answer, we’re not tiny pups anymore so they have no right to be so protective” Walnut said with a roll of his eyes making Peony just sighed.

“Well you’ll be answering them then” Peony said as she knew she wouldn’t be winning this battle.

“Fine sure, let’s go before they come bother us with picking berries or something!” Walnut insisted making the three walk into the grasses.

“Wow seeing grass and rocks over and over again, truly the peak of excitement” Peony said causing Walnut to growl at her which she just growled back at.

“Nothing smells different either” Sparrow said as she took another sniff of the air to check once more.

“Well it’s a new part of the island, and besides we haven’t been exploring long enough so we’ll find something eventually” Walnut said as he continued pressing forwards.

“Oooo maybe a berry bush” Peony replied which Walnut chose to ignore.

Sparrow suddenly froze causing Peony, who was behind her, to look at her confused.

“Why did you stop?” Peony asked getting the attention of Walnut.

“I heard something” Sparrow said as she tried to focus on where that sound came from.

“Probably just a rabill c’mon!” Walnut huffed making Peony just blankly stare at him before Sparrow spoke again.

“No it was much larger than a rabill’s pawsteps” Sparrow said as she swiveled her ears again.

“See it’s nothing” Walnut said as he turned around and walked forward only to bump into something.

28.png.ba007cfee99188692612a2044edc3e8f.png

Walnut growled as he looked up before his growl died in his throat upon seeing the huge beady black eyes of a bearyena locked on his own.

“Walnut watch out!” Peony said before shoving him out of the way causing the bearyena’s claw to claw from above her right eye down her entire face and making her hit the ground pretty hard with a wheeze.

Suddenly snapped out of his daze Walnut launched himself at the bearyena with a growl and clawed and bit whatever he could.

Sparrow was anxious, she wanted to help but didn’t know how, she tried to quickly think of something but came up blank as she could hear them but didn’t know where exactly to aim and if she would hit the bearyena or her friend instead.

Walnut eventually wore it down and killed it but he was exhausted and had some minor scrapes and cuts.

“…I hate to say it but we have to tell our parents, she doesn’t look good” Walnut said with a sigh before grabbing his sister and dragging her back to the heart of their territory.

“WHAT HAPPENED?!” Walnut didn’t know exactly what to expect but Acorn running up to them the second they got back wasn’t exactly it.

“We went on an adventure and found a bearyena” Sparrow said before Walnut could think of a good lie causing him to grumble.

“We don’t even have a healing plant! Well we have to do what we can” Acorn said and by this point the entire pack had gathered at the noise.

“I’m glad that one of you are okay” Flower said as she ran up to Walnut.

“Yeah” Walnut simply said, more worried for Peony than he’d ever admit out loud.

“I hope you three won’t head off by yourselves anytime soon” Chestnut said as he approached his pup and Sparrow.

“We won’t” Walnut said though he, and Sparrow, knew that was nothing short of a lie.

“Good, we were worried when you three disappeared, I think Peach and Robin were going to tear apart the island to find Sparrow” Chestnut said as he remembered how worried the two were.

“I know, I’ll go see then” Sparrow said before walking over to them as she did feel bad, but it was interesting to explore beyond the territory for once.

“I know what it’s like to want to explore but you three don’t have the experience yet, I’m sure at least a few of us would be fine with accompanying you three to explore” Chestnut said making Walnut sigh.

“I know but it’s so exciting to do it by ourselves” Walnut replied as looked at the tall grasses.

“I get it, but I’m worried you three won’t come back next time” Chestnut said before walking off, leaving Walnut to stare at the grasses in thought.

29.png.b42856a9a540becfb9d4a6e547bf8bd5.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Behold a long update!)

‘Where is she? I haven’t seen her the whole day’ Robin thought to himself as he continued to search and sniff around the territory for any sign of his mate. But he quickly starting sprinting after he smelled her scent.

“NO!” Robin said as he saw Peach laying completely still, no breathing or moving. He laid down next to her, double checking for any sign of life at all.

“What’s wrong?” Acorn said as Robin’s yell had caught the attention of the whole pack.

“Look at her” Robin simply said as he looked at the body of his, now dead, mate.

Acorn checked Peach as well and didn’t find a single sign of life. The rest of the pack had gathered and had varying degrees of sadness at the realization that they’ve lost a packmate.

“I wish we could’ve done more” Acorn said as he wished he could have done something to cure her of that sickness.

“…” Robin just stared, wishing she hadn’t been born sickly so she could’ve lived a fuller life with him.

“Mom’s really dead?” Sparrrow said as she approached the scent of her mom.

Robin didn’t say anything but that was response enough for Sparrow so she just sat down and didn’t say anything either.

The rest of the pack eventually dwindled but Robin stayed there the whole night, doing nothing but staring at Peach.

30.png.0e7de0fd5e9baa664727390dd01c57f0.png

‘Let’s get this done and over with’ Acorn thought as he walked up to Splotch.

“Hey Splotch?” Acorn said which made Splotch turn to him.

“Yeah?” Splotch asked as he turned towards him.

“Do you want to be mates?” Acorn asked and looked confident on the outside but was pretty nervous and anxious inside.

“You mean it?” Splotch asked as he felt like this was too good to have a chance of being true.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Acorn asked confused, who asks someone to be mates and doesn’t mean it?

“Well if that’s the case than yes, I wouldn’t mind being your mate” Splotch said with a smile making Acorn extremely happy as he knew that was a completely genuine smile.

“Guess I was worried for nothing” Acorn said as he leaned on Splotch.

“Yeah” Splotch just said as he leaned towards Acorn.

31.png.663b244c4870c3de39d82f79606046fd.png

“Do you smell that?” Acorn said as he sniffed the air.

“Yeah, a nicheling I’ve never smelled before” Splotch said before starting to walk towards the scent cautiously.

When they reached the scent they didn’t find a random adult nicheling but a teen nicheling who was trying to sneak some berries away from a berry bush in the territory, but they froze as soon as they saw Acorn and Splotch.

“What are you doing?” Splotch asked which seemed to make the nicheling shrink into themselves a bit.

“I was really hungry and I know this is pack territory but I needed the food” The nicheling said, terrified he would get run off another territory by force especially since he was caught taking food.

“Maybe you could join our pack than” Acorn said, worried since this nicheling had a torn right ear, with his words making the nicheling look up in shock, they caught him stealing food and decided to invite him into the pack???

“Are you sure?” The nicheling asked, wondering if this was some sort of trap to lower his guard.

“I wouldn’t have offered if I wasn’t sure” Acorn said making the nicheling stare for a little bit.

“If you’re sure” The nicheling simply said making Acorn smile.

“Alright your new home is this way” Acorn said as he turned around and started walking back with Splotch taking occasional glances at this new nicheling.

“What’s your name?” Splotch asked making the nicheling look at him.

“Cookie” The nicheling replied as he continued following the two.

Splotch just nodded as he realized this nicheling was acting a good amount like him when he first joined the pack.

32.png.85782121eeb568645e2defbc99d60744.png

“C’mon one adventure, that’s all I’m asking you” Walnut said, it had been about a moon since Cookie had joined and since they were all late teens they were now fully grown nichelings.

“So much could go wrong though” Cookie said with his good ear lowered as he was wondering how stubborn a nicheling could be, Walnut had been pestering him almost since he was introduced to the other nichelings.

“If he doesn’t want to go he won’t” Peony said as she watched her brother try to get Cookie to join them.

“Just once, then you never have to again AND I’ll stop bothering you about it” Walnut said making Cookie look at the ground.

‘On one paw I don’t want to but if he never bothers me about it again…’ He thought before making a desicison.

“Fine, one adventure that’s it” Cookie finally caved with a sigh as he had to admit Walnut is definitely persistent.

“Great! I’m sure you won’t regret it” Walnut said with his chest puffed proudly causing Peony to roll her eyes while Sparrow had been going to say goodbye to her dad so he knows where she’s going.

“Bye dad” Sparrow said after getting close to her dad’s scent.

“…” Robin just stared at the ground silently, the silence made Sparrow’s ears lower. So she just decided to go meet up with the others.

‘He’s been like that since mom died, he won’t event talk to me anymore’ Sparrow thought to herself as she followed the other’s scents.

“There you are, I convinced Cookie to go with us” Walnut said as he spotted Sparrow making her ears perk up.

“You convinced him?” Sparrow asked, he’d never convinced Cookie no matter how stubborn he was about it.

“Only because he promised to leave Cookie alone after this adventure” Peony snickered making Walnut huff at her.

“Oh that makes more sense, I think anyone would take that deal” Sparrow joked making Walnut grumble.

“Rude” He simply said making Sparrow and Peony laugh while Cookie just sat there kinda awkwardly.

“Well now that you’re here let’s go!” Walnut said with a grin before he turned around and led them into the grasses.

After just seeing grass and rocks they found somewhere interesting.

“Theres a bunch of food here!” Walnut said as he saw rabills and smelled the scent of berries in the air while Peony quickly killed some of the rabills.

“There’s even a nest” Cookie said as he looked and smelled around with the realization of how nice this place was.

“Could be a good place to move if we ever need to” Sparrow said as she smelled all the food as well.

After eating some food Peony spoke up.

“We should probably tell everyone about this place” She said with a yawn.

“Or we could have this be our personal secret” Walnut said with a huff as the thought of everyone being here.

“It’d be pretty selfish to keep it just to ourselves, what if we need to move or get more food?” Peony said making Walnut open his mouth to speak but then just shut it with the realization he probably wasn’t going to win this battle.

“Yeah, it’s a nice place” Cookie just said as he was happy that this hadn’t bee a dangerous adventure.

“Let’s go tell them than” Sparrow said as she got up making the others get up too before Walnut led them back to their home.

34.png.a20df61c543ed2ea9a09e1ddc2aea6ee.png

“Thank the stars you four are okay!” The four nichelings weren’t expecting to see Acorn with Chestnut and Splotch following as they were walking back home.

“I thought you two died” Chestnut said with an odd edge of fear to his voice as he went up to his two pups.

“Why would you think that?” Walnut asked with slightly narrowed eyes.

“…We’re all that’s left of the pack” Acorn’s words caused all the young nicheling to stare in shock.

“You’re joking” Cookie said hoping this was some sort of cruel joke but he felt like his world was shaken when Acorn simply shook his head.

“Where’s mom” Walnut said with an angry tone of voice, wanting this to not be true.

“What about dad?!” Sparrow spoke up before any of the older nichelings could answer.

“They’re gone, a bearyena broke into our home and found those two before we could do anything. We tried to chase it down but it ran far into the tall grasses” Splotch growled, angry with himself for not being able to save Flower, who was basically his sister at this point.

All the nichelings were silent.

‘I guess I should be thankful my parents are okay’ Cookie thought as he looked at Acorn and Splotch.

“I want to go somewhere different” Walnut’s words finally broke the silence. “I want to go somewhere without these stupid bearyena” He said with more sadness than anyone has ever heard in his voice.

“…Depedning on our luck I might know some islands, but there’ll be other dangers” Chestnut spoke confusing the whole pack, even Acorn until he realized what he meant.

“It’s really dangerous” Acorn simply said making Chestnut sigh.

“But we weren’t being attacked this often” Chestnut said making Acorn think about it before nodding.

“Alright follow us than” The younger nichelings blinked in shock before following.

35.png.2419b227f8bef6b169b912ff3e34f9a8.png

They got to the first island which was filled with bugs but that was the least of their problems at the moment as Acorn suddenly collapsed and was wheezing.

“Acorn!” Splotch and Chestnut yelled as they crowded around him while the other nichelings watched in concern, some more than others.

“What’s wrong with him?” Cookie asked anxiously as he looked at his collapsed parent.

“He’s barely breathing” Chestnut said with terror.

“I’m staying with him” Splotch said making Acorn give a slight smile.

“Me too” Chestnut said which made Acorn force himself to speak.

“You can’t” He said making Chestnut look at him in shock.

“I can’t just leave you! We’ve been together since the beginning” Chestnut said with a wavering voice.

“I know, but we have to split paths. The pups need you to show them the way to the island. Consider it my final wish” Acorn said as the wheezing got worse.

“…Fine, I’ll always love you even if you could be a thorn in my side” Chestnut said with agony sitting in his heart.

“Me too, what else are brothers for” Acorn said with smile.

Chestnut waited until he wasn’t breathing anymore before getting up.

“I’m staying here” Splotch said before he could speak up.

“B-but I can’t be without you both” Cookie said sadly making Splotch wince but sigh.

“You’re stronger than you think, I promise you’ll be okay. You’ll always be my son” Splotch said making Cookie look down but nod.

“Okay, love you” Cookie said.

“Of course” Splotch said before the group turned around and headed towards the next port.

(I moved Walnut to the ports right before this screenshot don’t worry he’s good)

36.png.11ec374af629e43a237d561d0124229b.png

Chestnut was hoping it wouldn’t take too long but life sadly isn’t so kind.

The first island was pretty nice but it reminded them too much of their old island.

“There’s lots of food but I don’t want to be near an island like our last one” Walnut said as they walked along the shore which the pack agreed with.

The second island was basically the same honestly.

“Do they all have to look like our home island?!” Peony said with some irritation making Chestnut sigh at the thought of island hopping again, he’s an old nicheling now and this is much more exhausting than when he was a teen.

“Just bad luck” Chestnut replied as they headed towards the next set of stones.

The third island was not the same! But it was another swampy island making the nichelings all but sprint to the next set of stones as bugs swarmed them and tried to sting them.

The third island seemed the same but than they saw the more open fields and the trees had pinkish colored leaves making most of them stare in awe.

“This place is beautiful” Cookie said as he stared at this new island.

“Yeah” Walnut agreed seeming in awe as well.

“There’s a lot of food here” Sparrow said as she smelled the air and smelled rabills and berries galore.

“This is a great place to settle! It has lots of food and we don’t have to clear much grass it seems” Peony said before spotting something. “There’s even stumps to keep an eye out from!” She said as she excitedly scrambled onto one.

“Yeah and lots of them” Walnut said as he jumped onto a different stump that was near the other one.

“In all my traveling I’ve never seen an island or trees like this” Chestnut said in shock as he felt he and his brother had seen all the world had to offer, both good and bad. Though the thought of his brother made him wince.

‘He would’ve loved this place, we could’ve seen at least one new island before he died’ Chestnut thought sadly as the younger nichelings laughed and played around on the new island.

Cookie and Sparrow had decided to sniff around a little as they were both wondering what was around or if anything dangerous was here.

37.png.51e75524641713cb41dde4acf9f25ba2.png

Sparrow suddenly froze making Cookie turn around curiously.

“What is it?” Cookie asked a bit nervous as the way she just froze up.

“A nicheling” Those words made Cookie tense up as well and look around, seeing if he could find them.

He almost jumped out of his fur after a nicheling popped out of the grasses, and a young one at that.

“Who are you two, this island never had any nichelings other than my pack’s nichelings” The teen nicheling said puffing up as if to look bigger.

“There’s another pack on this island?” Sparrow asked making the nicheling look towards her.

“Two nichelings count as a pack?” The nicheling asked, confused as that was more of a pair than a pack.

“No we have three other nichelings in our pack, we just got here” Sparrow said but Cookie was nervous this nicheling would use that info against them.

“Do you know any nicheling named Adam?” The nicheling asked confusing the two.

“I had a grandfather named Adam, why?” Sparrow asked confused but the nicheling lit up at that.

“Was he orange with black stripes and poison fangs?” The nicheling said, wondering if that was the Adam their pack had lost so long ago.

“From what my mom said, yes” Sparrow’s words seem to make the nicheling extremely excited.

“You’re a desendant of the one we thought died!” The nicheling said making Sparrow and Cookie still in shock.

“What’s your name?” Sparrow decided to ask so she had time to think about that.

“I’m Priduk!” The nicheling chirped.

“Well maybe you could tell me more later, our pack is probably concerned” Sparrow said making the nicheling deflate.

“Okay…bye!” Priduk said, excited to meet a nicheling related to the one they lost long ago.

38.png.fa5ef76593be58c0e94167c6d6c65d2b.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“What did that nicheling mean by that?” Cookie asked as he and Sparrow were walking back to the pack.

“I’m not sure honestly” Sparrow said as she mulled over the nicheling’s words.

“Well other than that, what do you think of this new island?” Cookie asked as he scanned the area in case.

“The smell of other nichelings, especially the amount of different scents, is kind of overwhelming honestly” Sparrow said as they barely came across new nichelings on the other island and she had time to get used to it unlike this where it all hit her at once.

“That makes sense, there are lots of new nicheling scents here” Cookie said after sniffing the air.

“What do you think of it?” Sparrow asked as she tried to block out the scents a little bit at least.

“I like how pretty the leaves are, and the fact most of the grass is cleared already so we don’t have to worry about that and there’s less chances of a bearyena popping out without many places to hide” Cookie replied, happy that bearyena couldn’t just seem to randomly appear like they could on that other island.

“It is nice to know less predators could ambush us here” Sparrow agreed as the two approached the clearing that the rest of the pack was in.

1.png.984852801f911550d426dabadb7aee3d.png

“Find anything interesting?” Walnut asked as he approached the 2 returning nichelings.

“We found out that the reason there’s so many nicheling scents is because there’s another pack that lives here, we met one of them” Sparrow said as she sat down.

“I guess that’d explain it” Peony said as she walked up to the small group of nichelings.

“And they said something about Sparrow being related to a nicheling they lost long ago?” Cookie said, still a bit confused on that one.

“Really? Weird” Walnut said curiously.

“Maybe you could convince them to merge with our pack than” Peony suggested as she yawned.

“I could try” Sparrow shrugged but decided why not.

“Then our pack could be even bigger and stronger!” Walnut said with a grin.

“What are you pups talking about?” Chestnut said as he approached the younger nicheling.

“Not pups” Walnut huffed.

“Apparently Sparrow is related the a nicheling that the pack of the island lost a long time ago and we’re going to try and have her convince them to merge with our pack to make it stronger” Peony explained making Chestnut hum.

“Not a bad idea, but if they’re already a pack it might not work. You can try though” Chestnut said, though the thought of a bigger pack did intrigue him.

“Well if it doesn’t work we’ll just live alongside them peacefully” Peony shrugged, it’d be better than starting a fight with another pack that knows this island much better than they do.

“Sounds good but be careful, we don’t need a fight or even a war on our paws” Chestnut warned not wanting a fight when he isn’t exactly that strong anymore, he couldn’t protect them that well now.

“I know” Sparrow said while Walnut grumbled but agreed.

They all went to do their own activities after that.

2.png.b307cb82e7b21033f066a863b34a9f26.png

“Hello!” Chestnut had to resist the urge to flinch after hearing an unknown voice before turning towards it. “We heard about your pack and wanted to join it” A blood red nicheling with large black stripes said as they looked at Chestnut. Chestnut had to shove away the though of how similar this felt to when he first met Splotch and…Flower.

“If you’d like to join our pack I don’t have any issues with it” Chestnut spoke to ignore the feelings that were brewing from the similarities this had.

“See? I told you it’d be fine” The nicheling turned towards another nicheling, this one was brown with very subtle stripes and very odd eyes. The other nicheling just nodded as they looked at Chestnut.

“The rest of the pack is that way” Chestnut said as he gestured the clearing.

“Thanks” The brown nicheling spoke but Chestnut spoke before they left.

“What are your names anyway? I’m Chestnut” he asked making the nichelings looked over at him.

“I’m Cherry and that’s Mystic” The red nicheling spoke as he gestured to himself and the other nicheling.

“Alright, it’d be best to introduce yourselves to your new packmates” Chestnut said making them agree and walk off to the clearing.

3.png.3464b0abc0a4d3ba818d2aebf6df7a51.png

(GUESS WE’RE JUST PRETENDING THEY INTRODUCED THEMSELVES AND SKIPPING A BIT OF TIME CUZ WHILE TRYING TO CLEAR SOME GRASS I MADE A VERY INTERESTING MISCLICK- I mean free drama I guess???)

Peony and Cherry had had love at first sight, which confused any nicheling who knew Peony as she always said she probably wouldn’t have a mate and it kinda led to her being pregnant.

“I’m gonna have a pup, and I’m not as old as I wanted to be when I had one!” Peony was pacing and Cherry was trying to reassure her though it was making him nervous too, this was a lot of responsibility.

“Well you’ll still be a good mom I’m sure” Cherry said with a shaky smile as he wasn’t exactly as ready as he wanted to be either. “When are you gonna tell the rest of the pack?” He asked making Peony stop as she realized she hadn’t said anything yet.

“As late as I can, I mean we didn’t exactly think this through” Peony sighed making Cherry wince but nod in agreement.

“Well I’ll help raise the pup” Cherry said as he looked at the ground nervously.

“Thanks for that I guess” Peony mumbled before stalking off into the grasses.

‘I’ve only been here a moon and I’ve already made a potential mistake’ Cherry thought as he pawed at the grass.

(FORGOT THE SCREENSHOT-)

-------------

“Do you ever think before you act?” Mystic sighed after watching Walnut scratch his paw because he wasn’t paying attention to how he jumped off a stump.

“Just because I scratched my paw once?” Walnut scoffed in irritation as he inspected his paw.

“From what I’ve heard from Peony you decided to wander off when you, Peony, and Sparrow were only teens and ended up running into a bearyena” Mystic said casually making Walnut growl at her, which she just flicked an ear at.

“She told you that?!” Walnut snarled which may have scared most nichelings but Mystic couldn’t care less about his attempt to intimidate her.

“Well we get along well and got into some stories of when we were younger” Mystic replied as she just stared at Walnut.

“Why don’t you keep your nose out of my business” Walnut said, knowing this was oddly hostile even for him.

“Not my fault she told me a story” Mystic rolled her eyes. “If you’re going to be such unplesant company though I’ll be going to get some berries” She continued as she turned around and left.

‘…I have no idea why I was so mad about that, weird’ Walnut thought to himself but brushed it off as his emotions getting to him.

4.png.3596ac37f26e9593449081cc57247099.png

“Shouldn’t you be with the rest of your pack?” Chestnut turned towards a new voice and saw a yellow nicheling with brown stripes.

“Who are you? I’m Chestnut” Chestnut decided to ask and somewhat ignore the question, he knew he didn’t spend much time with his pack or even own pups anymore. It’d been moons since he regularly interacted with them.

“Mimeko” The nicheling said as she realized from the lack of response that that might’ve been a sore spot.

“Do you want to join the pack?” Chestnut asked making Mimeko just shake her head.

“Nah, I just wanted to talk to you as you seem interesting” She said with a stretch.

“Oh well, thanks I guess?” Chestnut said a bit confused but he guessed company wouldn’t hurt. “Are you part of that pack?” Chestnut asked as he scanned the area.

“I was but I left so now I’m just kinda a wandering nicheling” Mimeko explained as she still wondered why this pack nicheling was so far from the rest of his pack.

“Oh, does the other pack mind you still hanging around?” Chestnut asked as he was curious about the other pack.

“No, as long as I don’t take a bunch of food anyways” Mimeko said.

“I guess I should get back to my pack though” Chestnut sighed as he thought about the nicheling’s words.

“Alright see you around” Mimeko said as she watched Chestnut walk off.

5.png.dee427c151239dd0c629bc9200d404a5.png

Chestnut had decided to come back at the perfect time as Peony had her pup.

“I think I’ll name her Coffee” Peony said as she looked at the pu with mixed feelings, which Chestnut noticed but decided to not comment on at the moment.

“She’s amazing” Cherry smiled, as even if he wasn’t perfectly ready for one he loved the pup already.

“She looks healthy” The two nichelings slightly jumped at Chestnut’s voice before looking at him.

“I thought you left” Peony said with some irritation making Chestnut wince but he couldn’t exactly disagree.

“I know, I’ll try to be better” Chestnut said making Peony sigh but nod.

“Wait Chestnut is your dad??” Cherry said confused, he wasn’t aware of this.

“Walnut’s too” Peony said making Cherry blink in shock but nod.

“Well I’ll be back” Chestnut said before going to grab berries for Peony since she had a pup and probably needed the strength.

6.png.8f2c501a08eab4f94f22388c303165e3.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

About a moon later Chestnut decided to talk to Peony alone since Cherry was watching Coffee.

“I wanted to ask you something” Chestnut said making Peony look at her dad, confused.

“Okay?” She simply said, slightly suspicious of what he was going to ask.

“You did look happy about Coffee but you did also look conflicted” Chestnut pointed out making Peony freeze and slightly bristle before sighing.

“I love Cherry and Coffee but I wanted to wait, I wanted to be older when I had a pup. I’m not prepared” Peony explained as she looked back towards the pack.

“I see, well what’s done is done and you should make sure to not neglect the pup because of that” Chestnut said as he looked at Peony.

“I know, I just wish I had more time to prepare” Peony said.

“I know” Chestnut simply said before walking off to patrol the territory.

7.png.15e9ce5bf0b5fdb6ba9a1355d86de0cc.png

Cookie walked over to Sparrow, hoping this would go well.

“Hey um Sparrow?” He said making Sparrow turn in his general direction.

“Yes?” Sparrow asked, a bit concerned about the nervous, well more nervous than usual anyway, tone his voice had.

“I um, Ii wanted to know if you’d be my mate?” Cookie forced out, hoping this wouldn’t ruin the relationship the two had.

“If you want, sure. You’re kind” Sparrow said and internally sighed at the fact she couldn’t think of something better to say.

“You said yes? THANK YOU!” Cookie chirped excitedly before leaning against Sparrow.

“Of course” Sparrow said with a grin.

(I know it’s a bit sudden but listen I want the new babies to be around the same age for story purposes and this was the plan anyways)

8.png.aefc90e2629140c90ec861b49038f15d.png

Cookie was staring in shock at his pup. He was expecting many things but a bright blue pup was not one of them.

“Are you alright?” Sparrow asked, a bit concerned at Cookie’s silence.

“Yes it’s just, I’m a cream colored nicheling, you’re a brown one, and our pup is blue” Cookie asked, which wasn’t extremely helpful to Sparrow.

“Like the rivers?” Sparrow recalled being told they were a pretty blue color, along with the sea.

“Yes, though that’s actually a good name for our pup” Cookie said as he looked at the tiny, vibrant pup.

“River?” Sparrow asked making Cookie nod before realizing his mistake.

“Yeah, River” Cookie clarified.

“Sounds like a good name to me” Sparrow agreed as she nuzzled the pup.

“It’s a lovely name” Cookie said as he smiled at the two.

9.png.32089ca51e785ee410377c59bc4012ee.png

Much more shocking was when only a moon after River was born Mystic returned from being gone a few days with two newborn pups, to the confusion of the rest of the pack.

“Who’s are they?” Cherry asked as he looked at the pups.

“Not important” Mystic slightly growled defensively, making Cherry take a step back.

The whole pack had gathered curiously.

“Let’s not bother her with those questions, what are their names?” Chestnut’s question made Mystic seem to relax somewhat.

“Ring” She gestured to the one with a darker brown coloring. “And Shade” She gestured to the lighter brown one.

“Wonderful names for them, I hope they grow strong and healthy” Chestnut said with a nod before stepping back.

The pack decided to leave her alone as she looked like she was going to bite whoever asked another question.

“Aren’t you curious about who the other parent of those two are?” Peony asked as she patrolled with her brother.

“Not really, not my problem” Walnut shrugged it off but that phrasing made Peony suspicious.

“Do you have any idea who the other parent is?” She asked as she stood in front of Walnut making him stop and look at her.

“No” He said but he averted his eyes before stepping around her and continuing to walk along.

“Are you sure?” Peony pressed making Walnut slightly bristle.

“I’m sure, why are you pestering me about it so much?” Walnut slightly growled which just served to make Peony more suspicious.

She was quiet for a little bit to let him calm down before throwing out a theory his responses had given her.

“Are Ring and Shade your pups?” She asked making him freeze for a little bit. Before his fur bristled bad enough to look sharp.

“I would never have pups with her, she’s irritating” Walnut hissed but just as he knew it was a lie so did Peony.

“Awful rude to not help raise your own pups” Peony spoke before continuing the patrol.

“You didn’t even want your pup” Walnut scoffed making Peony irritated.

“I may not have been ready but at least I’m raising mine” She replied making Walnut grumble but not speak again as they continued the patrol with more tension than usual.

10.png.da6a57a8378503d01362af266f5c367c.png

Walnut was confused when Peony silently gestured for him to follow her but was shocked when he saw when she had led him to.

“He’s dead?” He asked as he turned to Peony to just wordlessly nodded. “Should we tell the rest of the pack?” Walnut asked making Peony sigh.

“I feel we deserve to mourn a little first” She said which Walnut couldn’t exactly disagree with, if they told the pack they would swarm the place.

After a little bit of silence Peony spoke up.

“Would’ve been nice if he knew his other pup had pups” Walnut glared at her for that, which she returned.

‘So much for getting along again’ He thought with irritation but knew it wasn’t the time for a fight.

They told the pack and everyone was shocked and sad.

Sparrow wouldn’t say she was close to Chestnut but he had led them to this island and been the unofficial ‘leader’ for the pack and kept some order in it so she mourned him for his leadership and kindness.

Cookie was hurt by it as Chestnut was Acorn’s brother so he ended up being close to him due to that.

Cherry and Mystic didn’t know him well enough to personally mourn over him but they were respectful.

11.png.93679ae0bfbee89fd43154ec4140ee7f.png

“What exactly are we looking for again?” Ring asked as the group of teen nciehlings were moving beyond their territory.

“She just told us” River rolled her eyes as she realized Ring forgot something important again.

“Coffee swore she saw some odd blue stones so we’re going to investigate” Shade reminded Ring as he was used to his brother’s bad memory by now.

“Still can’t believe we’re looking something she might’ve saw” River said with a sigh making Coffee huff.

“It’ll be a fun adventure if nothing else” Coffee responded making River just shake her head as she followed the group. She wasn’t having fun here but her dad was kinda overprotective, like she’d fall apart if a thorn got caught in her paw.

“Sure” River simply said.

“Well it IS fun! We’re going to a completely new part of the island, weren’t you guys so bored being in the same territory all the time?” Coffee asked they continued through the fields and tall grasses.

“Not that much” Shade said with a shrug, he was content where he was.

“I guess I can’t entirely disagree with that” River replied.

12.png.356a8f4f1f411154ddb0d6727342d9f3.png

After about a day of traveling they came across the stones! And a striped nicheling who was, if we’re honestly completely failing at, fishing by the shore.

“What are you doin?” Ring asked making the striped nicheling jump before looking at the younger nichelings.

“Fishing” The nicheling answered, wondering why such young nichelings were wandering by themselves.

“You’re not very good at it” River said a snarky comment making the other nichelings stare in shock before Shade spoke up.

“River that’s rude!” He slightly growled wondering why, even if it was true, say that directly to the nicheling’s face.

“Think you could do better?” The nicheling said, not that offended, mostly amused.

“No but at least I know not to try” River scoffed.

“Well why are you young nichelings alone?” The nicheling asked as she tilted her head at them.

“We’re exploring and we were going to investigate those blue stones you’re standing on” Coffee said making the nicheling look down at the stones.

“Ah, from what I’ve heard from travelers these type of stones lead to a very cold island” The nicheling said catching everyone, even River’s, attention.

“What else have you heard?” Coffee asked excitedly as she realized this nicheling may know a lot about them.

“The type of island this leads to is so cold that nichelings even freeze if they don’t huddle in groups. And it has no berries or edible plants, only meat and perhaps roots” The nicheling continued explaining making Coffee practically have stars in her eyes.

“That sounds so exciting maybe we could convince the pack to go!” Coffee said as she spun around to looke at the other teen nichelings.

“Heh, I’d be a bit more wary” The nicheling said making the teens look at her, confused. “Not only is there limited food but i’ve heard of pack of creatures that look similar to nicheligns who are vicious and swarm lone nichlings, and of huge creatures called balance bears who chase entire packs through to snow mercilessly” The nicheling thought the looks of horror on their faces were a little amusing, but she wasn’t exactly lying.

“…Well that’s even more exciting!” Coffee spoke, having got over the fear already while the Shade STRONGLY disagreed.

“We’d die!” He protested as the other two looked concerned but not as afraid as Shade did.

“That’s the fun part!” Coffee grinned, almost vibrating from her excited bouncing.

“How is potentially dying fun???” Shade asked mystified.

“Because life would never be boring or monotone again” Coffee explained, hoping she could convince the rest of the pack.

Shade just sighed knowing he wouldn’t convince her not to.

“What’s your name anyways?” Ring asked making the nicheling smile.

“I’m Mirata” She said.

“Well it’s been fun but our pack is probably worried” Coffee sighed, wanting to stay but knowing it wouldn’t go well.

“Alright, perhaps we’ll meet again” Mirata said before the teens started going back.

“Adventurous ones aren’t they?” She said to herself with a smile before going back to trying to fish.

13.png.e20fb1572d57ca250c1a600948f42b7a.png

The older nichelings were concerned as they expected.

“You four disappeared, you’re going to give me a heart attack!” Cherry said as he went up to his daughter.

“We were investigating something” Coffee huffed.

“You’re going to get killed wandering off like that” Mystic said, somewhat coldly, to her two pups making them slightly shrink while Walnut looked over but then looked away before anyone noticed.

“Sorry mom” Ring spoke while Shade just looked at his paws.

“You’re not hurt are you? Are you-” River cut Cookie’s questions off.

“I’m fine dad” River said.

“That’s good” Sparrow said with a smile.

“Anyways I wanted to ask something to the whole pack” Coffee said getting the whole pack’s attention. “We found some blue stones and larger stones that apparently lead to another island and wanted to know if we could go” Coffee asked with a smile.

“From what I’ve heard it leads to a really cold and dangerous island” Mystic scoffed making most of the back immediately protest that idea much to Coffee’s chagrin.

“C’mon isn’t it boring staying in the same place all the time?” Coffee said.

“I’m not sure about the others but for you, you can when you become an adult” Peony said as she looked at her daughter making her excited.

“Great!” Coffee chirped before walking off to get some berries while the other teens were trying to convince their parents too, except for Shade who was hoping his brother wouldn’t be able to convince Mystic.

14.png.418ce45d6a3a7293c889d643ef917e20.png

Peony knew she and her brother weren’t exactly best friends anymore but she was still concerned when he started growing much weaker, when they weren’t old nichelings yet.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been sleeping a lot more and can barely hunt” Peony asked making Walnut bristle before sneezing.

“I’m not weak! I’m fine” He growled before sneezing again.

“Is your sickness taking a toll on you?” Peony asked making him glare at her.

“My sickness isn’t making me weak” Walnut growled again which Peony just sighed at.

“If it is you should be resting, not hunting and patrolling” Peony suggested.

“I’m FINE” He emphasized the word as if that would make it go away.

“If it gets worse just please tell” Peony sighed before leaving him be for the time being.

“Whatever” Was all she heard from Walnut as she walked off.

She regretted that choice a few days later after she found her brother’s lifeless body laying in the grasses.

‘I knew I should’ve tried harder’ She though angrily to herself as she looked at his blank eyes, feeling guilt try to eat her alive.

She told the rest of the pack and they all mourned, even Mystic seemed a bit more sad than she was when Chestnut died, though if her theory was right maybe she was…

15.png.7e477c6203130440204f47673b76543c.png

The teens had grown into adults and since they had all convinced their parents to let them go when they were grown it was time to go.

Cookie wanted to go but when Sparrow said she couldn’t do it again he was torn but ended up choosing Sparrow and deciding to stay with her and Mystic wanted to stay where she was born meaning only Cherry and Peony went with the younger nichelings.

“Are we all ready” Peony asked the group making them all nod, some happier than others. “Alright, be sure to watch your steps everyone” She said as she started jumping across the stones, happy she had some experience from when she was a teen, making sure the others didn’t slip into the ocean and drown.

16.png.4672e006d6aa8c29d0a008b149f09536.png

The whole pack was mystified when they arrived, not on a snowy cold island, but a warm grassy one.

“But it was supposed to be cold” Coffee said confused, and kinda irritated since this place was supposed to be really different from her home island.

“Well at least it’ll be safer” Peony said before she led them into their new home.

17.png.f0bd0597be0b9201c5189f21eec87d0d.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

On 12/26/2022 at 11:48 AM, CosmicChaos21 said:

About a moon later Chestnut decided to talk to Peony alone since Cherry was watching Coffee.

“I wanted to ask you something” Chestnut said making Peony look at her dad, confused.

“Okay?” She simply said, slightly suspicious of what he was going to ask.

“You did look happy about Coffee but you did also look conflicted” Chestnut pointed out making Peony freeze and slightly bristle before sighing.

“I love Cherry and Coffee but I wanted to wait, I wanted to be older when I had a pup. I’m not prepared” Peony explained as she looked back towards the pack.

“I see, well what’s done is done and you should make sure to not neglect the pup because of that” Chestnut said as he looked at Peony.

“I know, I just wish I had more time to prepare” Peony said.

“I know” Chestnut simply said before walking off to patrol the territory.

7.png.15e9ce5bf0b5fdb6ba9a1355d86de0cc.png

Cookie walked over to Sparrow, hoping this would go well.

“Hey um Sparrow?” He said making Sparrow turn in his general direction.

“Yes?” Sparrow asked, a bit concerned about the nervous, well more nervous than usual anyway, tone his voice had.

“I um, Ii wanted to know if you’d be my mate?” Cookie forced out, hoping this wouldn’t ruin the relationship the two had.

“If you want, sure. You’re kind” Sparrow said and internally sighed at the fact she couldn’t think of something better to say.

“You said yes? THANK YOU!” Cookie chirped excitedly before leaning against Sparrow.

“Of course” Sparrow said with a grin.

(I know it’s a bit sudden but listen I want the new babies to be around the same age for story purposes and this was the plan anyways)

8.png.aefc90e2629140c90ec861b49038f15d.png

Cookie was staring in shock at his pup. He was expecting many things but a bright blue pup was not one of them.

“Are you alright?” Sparrow asked, a bit concerned at Cookie’s silence.

“Yes it’s just, I’m a cream colored nicheling, you’re a brown one, and our pup is blue” Cookie asked, which wasn’t extremely helpful to Sparrow.

“Like the rivers?” Sparrow recalled being told they were a pretty blue color, along with the sea.

“Yes, though that’s actually a good name for our pup” Cookie said as he looked at the tiny, vibrant pup.

“River?” Sparrow asked making Cookie nod before realizing his mistake.

“Yeah, River” Cookie clarified.

“Sounds like a good name to me” Sparrow agreed as she nuzzled the pup.

“It’s a lovely name” Cookie said as he smiled at the two.

9.png.32089ca51e785ee410377c59bc4012ee.png

Much more shocking was when only a moon after River was born Mystic returned from being gone a few days with two newborn pups, to the confusion of the rest of the pack.

“Who’s are they?” Cherry asked as he looked at the pups.

“Not important” Mystic slightly growled defensively, making Cherry take a step back.

The whole pack had gathered curiously.

“Let’s not bother her with those questions, what are their names?” Chestnut’s question made Mystic seem to relax somewhat.

“Ring” She gestured to the one with a darker brown coloring. “And Shade” She gestured to the lighter brown one.

“Wonderful names for them, I hope they grow strong and healthy” Chestnut said with a nod before stepping back.

The pack decided to leave her alone as she looked like she was going to bite whoever asked another question.

“Aren’t you curious about who the other parent of those two are?” Peony asked as she patrolled with her brother.

“Not really, not my problem” Walnut shrugged it off but that phrasing made Peony suspicious.

“Do you have any idea who the other parent is?” She asked as she stood in front of Walnut making him stop and look at her.

“No” He said but he averted his eyes before stepping around her and continuing to walk along.

“Are you sure?” Peony pressed making Walnut slightly bristle.

“I’m sure, why are you pestering me about it so much?” Walnut slightly growled which just served to make Peony more suspicious.

She was quiet for a little bit to let him calm down before throwing out a theory his responses had given her.

“Are Ring and Shade your pups?” She asked making him freeze for a little bit. Before his fur bristled bad enough to look sharp.

“I would never have pups with her, she’s irritating” Walnut hissed but just as he knew it was a lie so did Peony.

“Awful rude to not help raise your own pups” Peony spoke before continuing the patrol.

“You didn’t even want your pup” Walnut scoffed making Peony irritated.

“I may not have been ready but at least I’m raising mine” She replied making Walnut grumble but not speak again as they continued the patrol with more tension than usual.

10.png.da6a57a8378503d01362af266f5c367c.png

Walnut was confused when Peony silently gestured for him to follow her but was shocked when he saw when she had led him to.

“He’s dead?” He asked as he turned to Peony to just wordlessly nodded. “Should we tell the rest of the pack?” Walnut asked making Peony sigh.

“I feel we deserve to mourn a little first” She said which Walnut couldn’t exactly disagree with, if they told the pack they would swarm the place.

After a little bit of silence Peony spoke up.

“Would’ve been nice if he knew his other pup had pups” Walnut glared at her for that, which she returned.

‘So much for getting along again’ He thought with irritation but knew it wasn’t the time for a fight.

They told the pack and everyone was shocked and sad.

Sparrow wouldn’t say she was close to Chestnut but he had led them to this island and been the unofficial ‘leader’ for the pack and kept some order in it so she mourned him for his leadership and kindness.

Cookie was hurt by it as Chestnut was Acorn’s brother so he ended up being close to him due to that.

Cherry and Mystic didn’t know him well enough to personally mourn over him but they were respectful.

11.png.93679ae0bfbee89fd43154ec4140ee7f.png

“What exactly are we looking for again?” Ring asked as the group of teen nciehlings were moving beyond their territory.

“She just told us” River rolled her eyes as she realized Ring forgot something important again.

“Coffee swore she saw some odd blue stones so we’re going to investigate” Shade reminded Ring as he was used to his brother’s bad memory by now.

“Still can’t believe we’re looking something she might’ve saw” River said with a sigh making Coffee huff.

“It’ll be a fun adventure if nothing else” Coffee responded making River just shake her head as she followed the group. She wasn’t having fun here but her dad was kinda overprotective, like she’d fall apart if a thorn got caught in her paw.

“Sure” River simply said.

“Well it IS fun! We’re going to a completely new part of the island, weren’t you guys so bored being in the same territory all the time?” Coffee asked they continued through the fields and tall grasses.

“Not that much” Shade said with a shrug, he was content where he was.

“I guess I can’t entirely disagree with that” River replied.

12.png.356a8f4f1f411154ddb0d6727342d9f3.png

After about a day of traveling they came across the stones! And a striped nicheling who was, if we’re honestly completely failing at, fishing by the shore.

“What are you doin?” Ring asked making the striped nicheling jump before looking at the younger nichelings.

“Fishing” The nicheling answered, wondering why such young nichelings were wandering by themselves.

“You’re not very good at it” River said a snarky comment making the other nichelings stare in shock before Shade spoke up.

“River that’s rude!” He slightly growled wondering why, even if it was true, say that directly to the nicheling’s face.

“Think you could do better?” The nicheling said, not that offended, mostly amused.

“No but at least I know not to try” River scoffed.

“Well why are you young nichelings alone?” The nicheling asked as she tilted her head at them.

“We’re exploring and we were going to investigate those blue stones you’re standing on” Coffee said making the nicheling look down at the stones.

“Ah, from what I’ve heard from travelers these type of stones lead to a very cold island” The nicheling said catching everyone, even River’s, attention.

“What else have you heard?” Coffee asked excitedly as she realized this nicheling may know a lot about them.

“The type of island this leads to is so cold that nichelings even freeze if they don’t huddle in groups. And it has no berries or edible plants, only meat and perhaps roots” The nicheling continued explaining making Coffee practically have stars in her eyes.

“That sounds so exciting maybe we could convince the pack to go!” Coffee said as she spun around to looke at the other teen nichelings.

“Heh, I’d be a bit more wary” The nicheling said making the teens look at her, confused. “Not only is there limited food but i’ve heard of pack of creatures that look similar to nicheligns who are vicious and swarm lone nichlings, and of huge creatures called balance bears who chase entire packs through to snow mercilessly” The nicheling thought the looks of horror on their faces were a little amusing, but she wasn’t exactly lying.

“…Well that’s even more exciting!” Coffee spoke, having got over the fear already while the Shade STRONGLY disagreed.

“We’d die!” He protested as the other two looked concerned but not as afraid as Shade did.

“That’s the fun part!” Coffee grinned, almost vibrating from her excited bouncing.

“How is potentially dying fun???” Shade asked mystified.

“Because life would never be boring or monotone again” Coffee explained, hoping she could convince the rest of the pack.

Shade just sighed knowing he wouldn’t convince her not to.

“What’s your name anyways?” Ring asked making the nicheling smile.

“I’m Mirata” She said.

“Well it’s been fun but our pack is probably worried” Coffee sighed, wanting to stay but knowing it wouldn’t go well.

“Alright, perhaps we’ll meet again” Mirata said before the teens started going back.

“Adventurous ones aren’t they?” She said to herself with a smile before going back to trying to fish.

13.png.e20fb1572d57ca250c1a600948f42b7a.png

The older nichelings were concerned as they expected.

“You four disappeared, you’re going to give me a heart attack!” Cherry said as he went up to his daughter.

“We were investigating something” Coffee huffed.

“You’re going to get killed wandering off like that” Mystic said, somewhat coldly, to her two pups making them slightly shrink while Walnut looked over but then looked away before anyone noticed.

“Sorry mom” Ring spoke while Shade just looked at his paws.

“You’re not hurt are you? Are you-” River cut Cookie’s questions off.

“I’m fine dad” River said.

“That’s good” Sparrow said with a smile.

“Anyways I wanted to ask something to the whole pack” Coffee said getting the whole pack’s attention. “We found some blue stones and larger stones that apparently lead to another island and wanted to know if we could go” Coffee asked with a smile.

“From what I’ve heard it leads to a really cold and dangerous island” Mystic scoffed making most of the back immediately protest that idea much to Coffee’s chagrin.

“C’mon isn’t it boring staying in the same place all the time?” Coffee said.

“I’m not sure about the others but for you, you can when you become an adult” Peony said as she looked at her daughter making her excited.

“Great!” Coffee chirped before walking off to get some berries while the other teens were trying to convince their parents too, except for Shade who was hoping his brother wouldn’t be able to convince Mystic.

14.png.418ce45d6a3a7293c889d643ef917e20.png

Peony knew she and her brother weren’t exactly best friends anymore but she was still concerned when he started growing much weaker, when they weren’t old nichelings yet.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been sleeping a lot more and can barely hunt” Peony asked making Walnut bristle before sneezing.

“I’m not weak! I’m fine” He growled before sneezing again.

“Is your sickness taking a toll on you?” Peony asked making him glare at her.

“My sickness isn’t making me weak” Walnut growled again which Peony just sighed at.

“If it is you should be resting, not hunting and patrolling” Peony suggested.

“I’m FINE” He emphasized the word as if that would make it go away.

“If it gets worse just please tell” Peony sighed before leaving him be for the time being.

“Whatever” Was all she heard from Walnut as she walked off.

She regretted that choice a few days later after she found her brother’s lifeless body laying in the grasses.

‘I knew I should’ve tried harder’ She though angrily to herself as she looked at his blank eyes, feeling guilt try to eat her alive.

She told the rest of the pack and they all mourned, even Mystic seemed a bit more sad than she was when Chestnut died, though if her theory was right maybe she was…

15.png.7e477c6203130440204f47673b76543c.png

The teens had grown into adults and since they had all convinced their parents to let them go when they were grown it was time to go.

Cookie wanted to go but when Sparrow said she couldn’t do it again he was torn but ended up choosing Sparrow and deciding to stay with her and Mystic wanted to stay where she was born meaning only Cherry and Peony went with the younger nichelings.

“Are we all ready” Peony asked the group making them all nod, some happier than others. “Alright, be sure to watch your steps everyone” She said as she started jumping across the stones, happy she had some experience from when she was a teen, making sure the others didn’t slip into the ocean and drown.

16.png.4672e006d6aa8c29d0a008b149f09536.png

The whole pack was mystified when they arrived, not on a snowy cold island, but a warm grassy one.

“But it was supposed to be cold” Coffee said confused, and kinda irritated since this place was supposed to be really different from her home island.

“Well at least it’ll be safer” Peony said before she led them into their new home.

17.png.f0bd0597be0b9201c5189f21eec87d0d.png

Ooooo I guess the port lied lol)

(Also before we start today’s update if you’re like ‘Huh they look kinda weird’ I turned down the animal texture quality to make the game run better so yeah-)

Not too long after settling on this new island Peony and Cherry announced they would be having a second pup. They had talked quite a bit about it and decided they were more prepared this time, unlike the last time with Coffee.

Coffee didn’t really care, not in a rude way but more of a ‘It doesn’t hurt nor help me’ way.

Cherry smiled as he looked at the blind pup that squeaked in the nest. “I think we should name him Cloud, for his pattern and his eyes” Cherry suggested making Peony think about it for a bit before nodding.

“Seems like a good name for him” Peony agreed as she curled around the pup tiredly. “I’m going to take a nap” Peony said as she felt her eyes start to droop.

“Alright, get some rest” Cherry said as he watched her start to drift off. ‘I hope that we do better with you, we loved Coffee but we were a bit awkward and it led to her not really talking to us anymore’ Cherry thought as he looked at his new pup a bit nervously. He adored his daughter but she only talked to them if they did first or if she wanted or needed something, she was quite independent for such a young adult nicheling.

‘I guess we’ll see’ He thought before going to drift off as well.

1.png.dea88d6534e2ee030327ab2667f59986.png

‘This is boring, if there was something dangerous we would know by now’ Ring thought as he boredly wandered around in a patrol of the territory edge.

He then almost jumped out of his fur after running into something, the other nicheling also flinched seems they were startled too.

“Sorry about that, I’m Ring!” Ring said as watched the nicheling recover from their almost heart attack too.

“It’s fine, I’m Lucky” The nicheling said, having been terrified Ring was a hostile nicheling about to attack him or something.

“Nice to meet you, do you wanna join my pack?” Ring asked deciding he might as well ask since this new nicheling is here.

“Oh well, as long as they don’t mind?” Lucky hesitantly agreed, why would a nicheling invite someone they just met? But more food for him so why not?

Alright follow me!“ Ring chirped before turning around and leading Lucky to the heart of the territory.

/

“Why would you bring a random nicheling, a potential threat mind you, right to our home?!” River snarled at Ring while he just tilted his head with an easygoing smile on his face.

“Didn’t attack me when I was alone and therefore weaker” Ring replied making River growl again but before she could speak Peony spoke up.

“Stop fighting” Peony’s tone left no room for argument making River snap her jaw shut, though she was VERY tempted to continue arguing, a flicking tail was the only indicator of that though. “You may join as long as you have good intentions, don’t mind River” Peony said making River bristle but keep quiet and just resort to giving a glare that Peony only returned with a blank stare.

“Um, thank you?” It came out more like a question as Lucky was a bit unnerved by the tension that seemed to ooze from Peony and especially River. ‘She’s not going to kill me in my sleep or something is she?’ Was Lucky’s only thought as Ring led him off to explore.

2.png.186958a0b118c63b5f57067b97aca366.png

One on paw, her brother’s admiration and praise for her made Coffee puff up with pride, but on the other she couldn’t get a break.

‘Can’t he bother our parents or any other nicheling instead of following me around?!’ Coffee thought as she patrolled the territory, irritated she couldn’t adventure because she didn’t even want to think of how much trouble she’d be in if he got hurt…then she rethought that.

“Hey Cloud” She thought making Cloud’s ears twitch before he responded.

“Yeah?” Cloud asked making Coffee’s grin twitch up a little at the excited tone he had, maybe he’d like this just as much as her.

“Do you wanna go on an adventure with me, into the grasses?” She asked making Cloud beam, his cool older sister was gonna let him go on an adventure with her!

“Yeah!” Cloud said excitedly.

“Well let’s go” Coffee said making Cloud happily bounce after her.

/

The two were having fun and actually bonding as they pushed through the tall grasses, sniffing at anything interesting and having fun exploring someplace new together.

Then Cloud’s ear twitched.

“Something is here” Cloud said as he sniffed the air again, nothing he had ever smelled before.

“I don’t smell or hear anything, it’s fine!” Coffee reassured and while Cloud’s gut was telling him to leave he admired his sister so he just agreed and the two carried on through the grasses.

But the scent just kept getting stronger, it wasn’t a nicheling or a rabill, not even one of those dodomingo things, it was harmless right?

No it was not.

Coffee’s blood felt like it had been frozen as she heard loud pawsteps then the sound of her brother scream.

She whipped around faster than even she though possible and saw a bearyena pinning her brother under it’s huge paws with blood leaking onto the dirt below, causing her to snarl before launching herself at it and taking it by surprise.

The bearyena roared and tried to swiping at her but she was able to dodge most of the blows, except for one which let a large claw slice across her right eye causing her to yelp before steeling herself and continuing to fight until it finally fell.

Coffee was panting from exhaustion but she went over to her brother, he was alive but passed out so she grabbed him by the scruff and went back home, mentally preparing for whatever her parents did for such a reckless mistake.

/

“WHAT HAPPENED?!” Peony yelled as she rushed over while Cherry was silent but obviously worried and terrified for his pup’s safety.

“Well Cloud admired me for the adventures I’ve gone on so I decided to let him explore with me and a bearyena ambushed us” Coffee explained as Peony looked over Cloud while Cherry was checking on the wound on Coffee’s face.

“That was stupidly dangerous, and to involve your brother” Peony growled after doing what she could for Cloud. Coffee just curled her tail around herself and looked at her paws. “You could’ve gotten him killed because of your mistake you know that?” Peony continued as she slowly approached her daughter. “He could’ve died and it would’ve been because you couldn’t just do what you’re told for once” Peony continued making Coffee glare at the ground before speaking.

“So it’s just Cloud huh?” She said stunning Peony while Cherry just looked between his mate and his oldest pup nervously. “So if I died you wouldn't have cared at all” Coffee scoffed making Peony slightly narrow her eyes.

“It’s not that-” Peony tried to speak but Coffee growled.

“Good to know I mean sooo much” She snapped before turning around and stalking off, River would understand she’s sure.

Peony sighed but went back to Cloud while Cherry just stared at his daughter’s retreating figure, not knowing what to do, choose his mate or his pup at this point?

3.png.41de25f862279ec3c29bf0b97bb7299f.png

• Like 2