Stray Fawn Community

Distasteful Sounding Genes

Pokestardragacraft

I've always liked how there are almost two ways to survive the jungle: being undetectable and being obnoxious. I say almost because there's scentlessness vs distasteful scent, camouflage vs distasteful appearance, and stealth vs... nothing. As someone who prefers the obnoxious route, I was upset to find out that strong voice doesn't detour the hearing ape (unless I was just unlucky). Due to this, I've been trying to come up with some genes that would have the distasteful sounding trait. Unlike the other distasteful traits, you would need to activate it to work, similarly to the purr snout. When used, it would detour predators and prey (mostly those focused on sound) from the area it was used in for 2-3 days if it was heard. The higher the distasteful sounding trait is, the larger the radius. 

First, there could be a rattlesnake tail, or it might just be called the rattle tail. It would look exactly how you would expect, a rattle. It would have +1 distasteful sounding and maybe +1 heat resistance.maxresdefault.jpg

Next, there could be a cicada body. It would have wings, and I think having the wings up or down would look nice either way. The wings outline as well as the body divisions would be the horn color like the scorpion tail. It would have +2 distasteful sounding and +3 flight.

Open wings:

1200px-Magicicada_tredecassini_NC_XIX_ma

Closed Wings:

cicada2.jpg

As you can see, I didn't come up with that much. If you have any more suggestions, I'd happily add them to this list.

4 replies to this post