Stray Fawn Community

Fire Bees!

Bill Nye the Science Fry

I think that Fire Bees (a mix between firefly, fire ant, and bee) would be a great addition to Niche!

If an island has 2 or more oak trees, there is a 100% chance that a Fire Bee hive will be on one of its branches. However, if the island has only 1 tree or no trees at all, none will spawn. The hive would look like a regular beehive, but with an orange tint. 

Visually, they would look like fireflies, but with black and orange stripes and a stinger on its abdomen. Lone Fire Bees can sometimes be found by berry bushes. If you pick from it, it will have a 50/50 chance of fleeing or stinging. A fire bee sting will not cause harm to your Nicheling directly, but it will be poisoned for 1 day.

You will have an option to attack the hive to receive 10 food, and if a creature has a strength of 4 or above, it will succeed. Regardless of if the attacker is strong enough or not, any attempt of attack on the hive will cause large numbers of the fire bees to swarm your creature, continually giving it stings for 3 days. The nest then relocates to another tree on the island.

The only way to destroy a hive without the fire bees going after your creature is if it has the Badger Snout. This will give the Nicheling +1 Strength, +3 Smelling, and +1 Hive gathering. It is accessible only by wanderers.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know if you like it :D

• Like 2

5 replies to this post

Mmm... a single creature receiving 3 damage isn't really worth it to me in the early game. Add 2-3 days of movement there... 2 or so back...

I wouldn't go for 10 food in 8ish days. 

In the late game, 10 food for 5 ish days isn't exactly that useful, either. If you stock, that is.

Maybe up the food to 15 (2/day) and then some with the badger snout. If the gene can't be found in the mutation menu, but the purrsnout can... I guess you can see where this is going.

Could the bees also be (no puns!) eaten by the bat-head? 

Bees usually just fly away though. (No puns about the unbelievable)I suppose this is where the ants come in?

As they are bees, though, I'd find it nice if the 50% chance would mean they could boost berry production. % systems have been rejected up to this point tough, maybe they could also glow red when angered or something. 

Just some points to consider. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 5:17 AM, Bill Nye the Science Fry said:

I think that Fire Bees (a mix between firefly, fire ant, and bee) would be a great addition to Niche!

If an island has 2 or more oak trees, there is a 100% chance that a Fire Bee hive will be on one of its branches. However, if the island has only 1 tree or no trees at all, none will spawn. The hive would look like a regular beehive, but with an orange tint. 

Visually, they would look like fireflies, but with black and orange stripes and a stinger on its abdomen. Lone Fire Bees can sometimes be found by berry bushes. If you pick from it, it will have a 50/50 chance of fleeing or stinging. A fire bee sting will not cause harm to your Nicheling directly, but it will be poisoned for 1 day.

You will have an option to attack the hive to receive 10 food, and if a creature has a strength of 4 or above, it will succeed. Regardless of if the attacker is strong enough or not, any attempt of attack on the hive will cause large numbers of the fire bees to swarm your creature, continually giving it stings for 3 days. The nest then relocates to another tree on the island.

The only way to destroy a hive without the fire bees going after your creature is if it has the Badger Snout. This will give the Nicheling +1 Strength, +3 Smelling, and +1 Hive gathering. It is accessible only by wanderers.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know if you like it :D

this is encroaching on my firey ants idea(firebreathing ants) but I still like it, have an upvote

• Like 1