Stray Fawn Community

Avian/Bird Inspired Traits

Lindwur

I know we have one beak in the game already, so why not go all out? These traits are found in the Savannah and jungle biomes on various wild creatures, where one would reasonably encounter predatory birds in real life

Avian Predator Beak: An eagle-like hooked beak takes place of the normal head slot. +2 Attack, -1 Smell. The color of this bill is dependent of the color of the horns the creature would have

Avian Song Beak: A toucan-like, very long beak that's perfect for scavenging. +1 attack, +2 Collecting, +2 Cracking, and the Bearyena-inspired trait similar to Big Voice. This trait is called "Shrill screech", and would scare off prey like Dodomingoes and Rabbits. Horn color also dictates the color of this bill!

Avian Body: A feathery body that's good for insulating against the cold. In the heat, the body molts to stave off overheating for one day. +2 Cold Resistance, +1 Heat Resistance if molted, distasteful appearance (Who wants a mouthful of feathers, anyway?)

Avian Stilt Legs: Thin, long hind legs that allow creatures to move well through unexplored grass and wade through water. +3 Speed, +1 Swimming

Avian Predator Claws: Owl-like claws with curled talons. -1 Movement, +3 Attack, +3 Fishing. These would take up the Paw slots on Nichlings, of course

• Like 1

Quick question, but which beak is currently in game? I don't really count the platypus bill, since it's from a mammal.

Other than that, I do like these ideas, seem like a good way to add that little bit more variety among the niche's.

Platypus Bill is the only beak.

Hey here's my idea (Mention me)

Toothy Beak

+insectivore (eating insects)

+1 strength

+1 fishing

+1 smelling

feathered arms(clawed)

+jumping

+gliding

+1 strength

+1 flight

+2 speed

+3 climbing

(per set)

also feathered hind limbs that provide the same function except this:

+ steady flight (stops creatures from falling out of the sky)

+1 speed

+1 swimming

+1 climbing

Feathered tail (like an archeopteryx)

+ balance (stops tripping)

+ steady flight

+ easy movement (that dodging thing)

the way to evolve this is to break open ice to find one of these ancients

Flamingo's or Penguins or both?

Flamingo's would be in a tropical climate having long legs, a long beak, and flying while land bound rock jumping Penguins would be found in hot and cold climates on land near water, or as a hybrid with other land birds like a Peacock  or Turkey.

A Peaguin would be half Peacock half Penguin

download_4.jpg.194ba45456b38ca812096a12f1d9c9bc.jpg

images_1.jpg.5c8e380554ff90f0b0b434d0746ebf97.jpg