Stray Fawn Community

Resupply missions with limited or vulnerable win conditions

Lurkily

I notice some issues with snake egg missions and bio barrel missions sometimes not having the requirements to fulfill the mission, or players destroying too many barrels without knowing it. 

Why not resupply the mission?  Drop a bio -barrel from space if fewer than three remain.  Have the snake lay an egg every five minutes.

This opens the way to having to fight over collectibles with an enemy intent on destroying them all, and snake eggs hatching larval snakes (which you can destroy, I hope)  if you leave them alone. 

9 replies to this post

Dropping biohazardous barrels does not make much sense, except if you make them spawn out of the player's screen, on terrain, in which case you could invoke the fact that the planet is so polluted that one discovers new waste by the day when attempting cleaning operations (or maybe ships unloading their rubbish in passing, but to try and depollute while the source of pollution is not dealt with would be silly). On the other hand, making snake eggs hatch looks like an excellent idea to me.

Thus trying to clean up the mess is like pouring water into the barrel of the Danaids: it might slow down the rate at which the planet is being transformed into a toxic wasteland, but it will not solve the problem. Might as well tell yourself that your efforts are wasted, but I am not playing games to face real world all over again.

Also, I agree with resupplying mission objectives.

7 hours ago, Alpino_WILL_STEAL_ oats! said:

No, what he means is that, the Corp would be using cargo ships to drop unwanted waste on their waste planets.

I get that; I'm talking about a second kind of mission, where enemies actively attack what you're trying to collect.  If the mission can resupply collectibles, this could be a pretty intense game mission, with specifically engineered drones to shield and protect magnetized collection spots, trying to fight off attackers before they can destroy a delicate collectible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micha said:

We will address those problems  in the next update. Sometimes it fails to spawn something because it does not find a suitable place, but the mission is not updated afterwards.
The mission goals should be dynamically updated to require to destroy 9 eggs  if only 9 eggs are available. 

Would the snake seek out suitable locations to lay an egg or would it lay one if it just happened to pass over a suitable location (based on Micah’s comment, suitable locations are fairly rare).

3 hours ago, ManTheMister said:

Would the snake seek out suitable locations to lay an egg or would it lay one if it just happened to pass over a suitable location (based on Micah’s comment, suitable locations are fairly rare).

I would have it seek out a suitable location so that, in case of problems, the player doesn't have to wait a long time for mission requirements to come available.  My assumption is that 'suitable' is a relatively level terrain edge; but for the purposes of maintaining an achievable win-condition, I think most people wouldn't mind if they were laid in open space.  :)

That, and permitting them to hatch microsnakes if you didn't hunt them down would be cool - and under these circumstances, would no longer ruin win conditions.