Stray Fawn Community

Coincidence?

bostonlobstah

I just encountered a one in a million coincidence!

SO, I play Roblox. Not a ton, and I have the default 'noob' look pretty much, but I still play XD 

I have the same username, bostonlobstah, on every account I have (Well, almost). The origin: Once when I was younger, I went to an antique or collectible shop. There I found a huge plush lobster. I received it for my birthday later that year and it sparked an ongoing collection of lobster-related items. The boston part is because I live near Boston.

Anyway, my younger sister must have told her friend Catherine about my lobster collection, because one day that friend said that she was roblox friends with someone named bostonlobstah. 

"Is that you?" Catherine asked. 

"That's my sister," My sister responded. 

I checked roblox that night.  Catherine only had three roblox friends. x.x I was one of them.

Please note that there are a lot of people who play Roblox. 

I wonder if the username attracted her to friend request me...

Anyone else have coincidence stories?

• Like 3

I moderated a FFRP IRC chat /forum back in the 90's; Haldor, an offshoot of Green Dragon Inn. The username Lurkily was an out of character nickname for a character of mine there, which I still use everywhere because it is never taken, anywhere, ever. 

I had someone ask me if I was the same on a game I helped administer, Domain of Heroes, someone around 2003 or so, I think it must have been. 

My email box deletes the oldest messages as I run out of room, so I have mail going back only to 2011 as records.  But I found an '08 post about me working on the big skill update for their dev team, and that was after I'd been on some years, from user to mod to senior mod to admin. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

I just encountered a one in a million coincidence!

SO, I play Roblox. Not a ton, and I have the default 'noob' look pretty much, but I still play XD 

I have the same username, bostonlobstah, on every account I have (Well, almost). The origin: Once when I was younger, I went to an antique or collectible shop. There I found a huge plush lobster. I received it for my birthday later that year and it sparked an ongoing collection of lobster-related items. The boston part is because I live near Boston.

Anyway, my younger sister must have told her friend Catherine about my lobster collection, because one day that friend said that she was roblox friends with someone named bostonlobstah. 

"Is that you?" Catherine asked. 

"That's my sister," My sister responded. 

I checked roblox that night.  Catherine only had three roblox friends. x.x I was one of them.

Please note that there are a lot of people who play Roblox. 

I wonder if the username attracted her to friend request me...

Anyone else have coincidence stories?

Hey! We can be friends on roblox! I'm just Skysplash8 xD I look pretty cool (ahem, sorry, I'm bragging, aren't I?), but it's all stuff from events. I have never had any robux.

Also, the reason why my username is Skysplash8 on literally everything, except games I've played for ages (which is really just one game):

I have a warrior cats OC named Splashberry, and when I made my Minecraft account, I wanted something relating to her. So i chose Skysplash, but it was taken, so I added an 8, my favorite number. So Skysplash8 was born! 

Anyways, I'll send you a friend request ;)  (Also, I don't play very often)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Hey! We can be friends on roblox! I'm just Skysplash8 xD I look pretty cool (ahem, sorry, I'm bragging, aren't I?), but it's all stuff from events. I have never had any robux.

Also, the reason why my username is Skysplash8 on literally everything, except games I've played for ages (which is really just one game):

I have a warrior cats OC named Splashberry, and when I made my Minecraft account, I wanted something relating to her. So i chose Skysplash, but it was taken, so I added an 8, my favorite number. So Skysplash8 was born! 

Anyways, I'll send you a friend request ;)  (Also, I don't play very often)

Me neither but I like the Wild Savanna game (Heard of it? It's basically a buggy safari survival game. I like being a crocodile so I can drown innocent lions XD)

• Like 1

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

Me neither but I like the Wild Savanna game (Heard of it? It's basically a buggy safari survival game. I like being a crocodile so I can drown innocent lions XD)

It's been on my favorites list for a while 😜 

• Like 1

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

COINIDENCE?!? aaaaa

Me and you and my sister and her random friend need to form a Space Croc Organization (where we try to glitch the crocs into the air)

hahhahaMWAHHAHAhahaha 

excuse me as I make an army of Meringue gifs

• Like 1