Stray Fawn Community

why niche, just why...

Kitten

1 hour ago, Kitten said:

poor rhubarb and truffle

Those 'Jungle trees' are Ape trees. I would recommend going away from them... They spawn apes... Hints the name

31 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Those 'Jungle trees' are Ape trees. I would recommend going away from them... They spawn apes... Hints the name

Adding onto that, there are three apes. The yellow one is the Great Seeing Ape. He has excellent vision. The green one is the Great Hearing Ape. He has good hearing. I don’t suggest moving your creatures on tiles where you can hear a snapping sound if you don’t want them to spawn. Last guy is the Great Smelling Ape, and I’ll let you guess what he can do. If you see a tree called the “Smelling Tree”, don’t collect fruits from it unless there’s a muddy tile. Why? If you do, you’ll likely spawn the Smelling Ape.

I SAT under the trees, smelling ape came luckily stinky tail was introduced into the tribe and everybody had it, smelling ape left us alone, new friend spawns my good friend seeing ape tribe dies

1 hour ago, Goggles-kun said:

Adding onto that, there are three apes. The yellow one is the Great Seeing Ape. He has excellent vision. The green one is the Great Hearing Ape. He has good hearing. I don’t suggest moving your creatures on tiles where you can hear a snapping sound if you don’t want them to spawn. Last guy is the Great Smelling Ape, and I’ll let you guess what he can do. If you see a tree called the “Smelling Tree”, don’t collect fruits from it unless there’s a muddy tile. Why? If you do, you’ll likely spawn the Smelling Ape.

Adding onto that. 

The snappy tiles are the tiles with leaves and branches on it. Use black fur and dots to avoid the seeing one. Use velvet paw and avoid snappy tiles few the hearing one. I think (not 100% sure) the stinky tail repels the smelling ape so... yeah

1 hour ago, Kitten said:

i wasn't born yesterday

Im just a nerd stuck in time. I happen to come back to the present every time I need to write a comment

1 hour ago, Kitten said:

lets pretend im new to niche, explain the mechanics to me.

please

I'm not sure if you actually want this so I'll just give you the run down (the full one would be as big as a handbook)

So there are two modes: Story mode and Sandbox mode. In story mode you play as Adam, A nicheling who has been separated from his family by a blue bird. This mode also includes a tutorial on the basics so no need for me to tell you that. I do tell you keep the Home Island immunity in your tribe and head north once you get to the archipelago. In sandbox mode you get to choose what island you start on and what difficulty, some are hot where you need to get plenty of heat resistance to survive, and some are cold where you will need as much cold resistance as you can muster. also in sandbox mode you get randomly generated starters.

Remember the most important mechanic: ADAPT OR DIE

7 hours ago, Kalium said:

As long as you don't roll a one for tribesize...

Seri changed it too 2 - 20 :3 (technically you could be doing 1 but i'd call that the lone wolf challenge.)