Stray Fawn Community

No Tail gene

VankirvanJD

Not every animal needs a tail and there are quite a few without one, such as apes (including us), toads, spiders, cabybaras, and agoutis. Some animals have very short tails that serve little to no purpose, like bear or peccary tails. The No Tail gene would be similar to the No Horns gene, pretty much just making the Nicheling have no tail whatsoever. Tails are definitely useful but not necessary for Nichelings. Spiky body Nichelings do just fine without one so I don't think this gene would make life much harder for your little guys.

Could either be unlocked from the get-go or can be unlocked after inviting a spiky body nicheling into your tribe. 

Adds +2 Cold resistance

Possible Icon (I used a random tail)

IMG_2853.thumb.PNG.42f443443f5c6e11428de987c88059a0.PNG

• Like 6

7 replies to this post

Oh this sounds great. I mean I love my tails on the Nichelings (and I also love spiky body... see my problem here?) but this is so simple and yet would make a great change :D

• Like 1

i think that this is a great idea! just like the no horns, but maybe less dominant since i can't see the no-tail being the default 😛

maybe this gene has to be unlocked after having a nicheling with the spiky body invited into our tribe!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I have a similar suggestion here:

Would this have any stats? I think +2 cold resistance would work for this as well

I've seen that before but I didn't think that would be the same because this gene completely gets rid of the tail. And by "a tiny stub" I literally meant a tiny stub, it wouldn't be a beneficial bobtail like yours and would be similar to a mara's tail (though I prefer no tail and not a stub). I'm going to edit the post and remove "a tiny stub" to make it clear there should be no tail whatsoever. I think this makes it different enough, what do you think?

IMG_2856.JPG.d92a47dfafc9bce00e22fde7e78d37c9.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

i think that this is a great idea! just like the no horns, but maybe less dominant since i can't see the no-tail being the default 😛

maybe this gene has to be unlocked after having a nicheling with the spiky body invited into our tribe!

Didn't even think of the dominance for this trait! Yeah I could see it being most dominant after medium tail, or maybe even the least dominant. 

I was thinking it would be already unlocked from the get-go but I kinda like the sound of that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

I've seen that before but I didn't think that would be the same because this gene completely gets rid of the tail. And by "a tiny stub" I literally meant a tiny stub, it wouldn't be a beneficial bobtail like yours and would be similar to a mara's tail (though I prefer no tail and not a stub). I'm going to edit the post and remove "a tiny stub" to make it clear there should be no tail whatsoever. I think this makes it different enough, what do you think?

IMG_2856.JPG.d92a47dfafc9bce00e22fde7e78d37c9.JPG

I got that they were different, I was just pointing out they're similar and could have the same stats :) The shorter tail/lack of a tail would mean there would be less body to lose heat from, so it could have cold resistance 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I got that they were different, I was just pointing out they're similar and could have the same stats :) The shorter tail/lack of a tail would mean there would be less body to lose heat from, so it could have cold resistance 

Ah okay, sorry for the misunderstanding! I agree with you, I'll add that now!