Stray Fawn Community

That moment you didnt know how to take screenshots

Oooooo0000oooooh boi. Story time!

When I first bought niche, I was binge playing it and created one of my very first save files. In that save file, I started off on sandbox mode and started on an easy or medium island. Everything was going alright, had some babies, collecting from berry bushes, fighting bearyenas until suddenly...  God spawned! Well not really. You see, I had a creature patrol the bushes and collect from them when it just so happened that there was a... albino-purrsnout-heatbody-double nimble finger nicheling! (I'm assuming she was albino, I can't quite re call.) I invited her into the tribe, and wondered how I got such a bootyful create so early into the game. I had her collect from the berry bushes and eventually start a family with said Bush patroler. Sadly, I never got a screenshot since, while I wasn't too new to Niche, I was new to steam. I eventually deleted that save file without thinking too much and went on to create a console ruined save file. Gosh, if only I knew how to take screenshots back then.

Lesson learned, screenshot the bootyful creatures!

Feel free to share your stories in the comments. Have a good day/night!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

Could please tell me was my thread that was me being an idiot, looking for people to teach me the ways of screenshots

Don't know how to take screenshots? Luckily, I'm Bob The Builder! Just press F12 on your keyboard and wait for a little while, after that there will be a little pop up in the lower right. That's all I know though!

Just now, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

Don't know how to take screenshots? Luckily, I'm Bob The Builder! Just press F12 on your keyboard and wait for a little while, after that there will be a little pop up in the lower right. That's all I know though!

ohohoho!

"View Screenshot Library", "Show On Disk"

that's all I'm gonna tell you

• Paw up 1

Just now, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

Ya'll guys have any forgot to screenshot stories?

oooh yes!
i'm sure they're somewhere around in my memories...

It's a shame I didn't take any screenshots of my first tribe... oh how I'd love to relive getting Niche...

1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

oooh yes!
i'm sure they're somewhere around in my memories...

It's a shame I didn't take any screenshots of my first tribe... oh how I'd love to relive getting Niche...

You'll eventually find them in your memories! Just stare at random nichelings on the forums! Thats how I remembered the story here

1 minute ago, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

You'll eventually find them in your memories! Just stare at random nichelings on the forums! Thats how I remembered the story here

somewhere

aw man 
I NEED TO OPEN THE FILES

• Paw up 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
3 hours ago, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

Oooooo0000oooooh boi. Story time!

When I first bought niche, I was binge playing it and created one of my very first save files. In that save file, I started off on sandbox mode and started on an easy or medium island. Everything was going alright, had some babies, collecting from berry bushes, fighting bearyenas until suddenly...  God spawned! Well not really. You see, I had a creature patrol the bushes and collect from them when it just so happened that there was a... albino-purrsnout-heatbody-double nimble finger nicheling! (I'm assuming she was albino, I can't quite re call.) I invited her into the tribe, and wondered how I got such a bootyful create so early into the game. I had her collect from the berry bushes and eventually start a family with said Bush patroler. Sadly, I never got a screenshot since, while I wasn't too new to Niche, I was new to steam. I eventually deleted that save file without thinking too much and went on to create a console ruined save file. Gosh, if only I knew how to take screenshots back then.

Lesson learned, screenshot the bootyful creatures!

Feel free to share your stories in the comments. Have a good day/night!

Irony... I had a heatbodied albino creature with poison fangs, she was sooo beautiful that I just had to breed her, but.. I never saw her again... deleted the save file.. agh maybe I should try to recreate her somehow.

Oh, and this was back when I first played Niche and wasn’t used to taking pictures either.

2 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Irony... I had a heatbodied albino creature with poison fangs, she was sooo beautiful that I just had to breed her, but.. I never saw her again... deleted the save file.. agh maybe I should try to recreate her somehow.

Oh, and this was back when I first played Niche and wasn’t used to taking pictures either.

Aw man :(. That's sad. Good thing I screenshot too much now

Guest SilverTheNicheling
5 minutes ago, magnolia said:

I found a heatbodied albino once...they were blessed by meringue (I think they were male but I legit can’t remember)

I think I’m gonna agree now that I wanna make a heatbodied albino god.. but what would he/she be called the god of exactly? Maybe the god of the lost because of how we lost and can never remember who they were besides their heatbody and albinism?

6 minutes ago, magnolia said:

I found a heatbodied albino once...they were blessed by meringue (I think they were male but I legit can’t remember)

Lots of heatbodied albinos it seems!

1 minute ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

I think I’m gonna agree now that I wanna make a heatbodied albino god.. but what would he/she be called the god of exactly? Maybe the god of the lost because of how we lost and can never remember who they were besides their heatbody and albinism?

Yup, maybe that. 

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Yup, maybe that. 

Alright! I’ll get to working on him/her on sandbox settings! And the thing is.. I must put most genes at random, such as the head, ears, legs, etc. always leave the body on heatbody, and the albino trait(maybe melansim too but it’s always rescessive).

and this is a particularly unique god.. basically it has no gender, so it can be any gender it wants, it sports no head or arms, so those can be changed too, aaand uh yeah.. I’ll see what I can do about the tail and legs, maybe at random as well...

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Oh my god.. so I just made the god of the forgotten, randomized his genes, and he turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I hate his fertility though.. think I should do a playthrough with him in this form?image.thumb.png.14b6203ff91c8294907b5aef068b9b8d.png

and with those poison fangs.. he reminds me of the poison fanged albino that I met before.. ahh that takes me back...

Oh my god.. so I just made the god of the forgotten, randomized his genes, and he turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I hate his fertility though.. think I should do a playthrough with him in this form?image.thumb.png.14b6203ff91c8294907b5aef068b9b8d.png

and with those poison fangs.. he reminds me of the poison fanged albino that I met before.. ahh that takes me back...

BOOTYFUL! Yeah, ya must do a playthrough. He is just.. SO BOOTYFUL! G'luck :')

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

BOOTYFUL! Yeah, ya must do a playthrough. He is just.. SO BOOTYFUL! G'luck :')

TY :D Hes a horrible mate to Bloodstone btw.. just because they share immunity genes that is, so ima put him in a different game, I might wanna finish up the Gods on Vacation first, if you haven't seen that one, check it out on playthroughs!

8 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

you
will
make
a
playthrough
with
him

(wait... look at his fur colour! Pure black!)

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Okay so I've set him up on Peaceful Meadow, and he's part of the Pantheon pack, so I had to delete all my other gods on that game(since they're all kinda busy themselves atm..)and only leave the forgotten god, basically he's alone.. and looking for someone to... remember.. him....(I will post this on a playthrough sometime, I'm also trying out the new Win conditions UI)image.thumb.png.a3332c9a1508a3097487b606cf941a2e.png

Lets also not forget that this is on blind gene mode too, so we can't remember what genes creatures carry, as the theme implies..

Okay so I've set him up on Peaceful Meadow, and he's part of the Pantheon pack, so I had to delete all my other gods on that game(since they're all kinda busy themselves atm..)and only leave the forgotten god, basically he's alone.. and looking for someone to... remember.. him....(I will post this on a playthrough sometime, I'm also trying out the new Win conditions UI)image.thumb.png.a3332c9a1508a3097487b606cf941a2e.png

Good luck :)

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Good luck :)

Thanks, like I said though I'll do it later, just gotta get a buncha things wrapped up..

On 6/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, W1r3d_P3ng01n said:

Ya'll guys have any forgot to screenshot stories?

well yeah um

you know this screenshot?

NicheMeringue2018.png.5d6db0015bcb225b0abb64732b9d8e00.png

well that's the only picture of Meringue I have. Because, when i took this screenshot, he was just a random nicheling I liked and wanted as my profile picture for the forums. By the time I wanted a screenshot of his genes, his son Taro, who was Meringue's final living child, had JUST died, thus taking Meringue off the family tree. Why oh why do we not have longer family trees??

WHHHHYYYYYY??

WHY DID I NOT TAKE MORE SCREENSHOTS???

It pains me so much to think about how I'll never know what Meringue's actual genes were :(

• Sad 3