Stray Fawn Community

Varied Lifespans

Dun(ce) Crow

While I agree with AncestorNature in that the current lifespan system leaves much to be desired, I feel that having a single Gene determine such a complex thing would be even less realistic than it is now.

Instead, I suggest that certain genes already in the game should also add or subtract from the default lifespan. For Example:

Large/Small Body: Larger animals usually have a longer lifespan than smaller ones.

Low/High Fertility: While there is Little connection between lifespan and fertility, this could be an elegant way to implement the difference between the n- and K-lifestyles found in nature.

Things that would cause great exertion of energy in such a flight: reduced lifespan.

From a gameplay perspective, I think either solution would be interesting. If Not decided by upvotes, I suggest simply doing the one thats easier to implement.

• Like 2

5 replies to this post

1 hour ago, Philo said:

If the "more customization for sandbox mode" gets enough upvotes, maybe we could just have a setting for this?

I would love that option sooooo much. Still waiting for my longer life spanned Nichelings for proper role play

My intention with the lifespan gene slot suggestion was to find a solution that would please everybody, because although the most people would happy with a lifespan setting in sandbox mode, that would also mean that it would not be available in story mode. It is just a possibility, and ultimately it will be up to the community to decide. 

11 hours ago, Ancestor Nature said:

My intention with the lifespan gene slot suggestion was to find a solution that would please everybody, because although the most people would happy with a lifespan setting in sandbox mode, that would also mean that it would not be available in story mode. It is just a possibility, and ultimately it will be up to the community to decide. 

True. I mean a lifespan setting in story mode wouldn't harm either in my opinion ^^