Stray Fawn Community

New gene ideas! (snake snout, snake genes)

Addyx in Wonderland

This is my first post, so go easy on me. So..... New genes! Ive had ideas for these for a while, but wasnt a member. so here ya go!

Snake snout: New perception mode- Infrared. Pretty much self explanatory if you know how infrared works. Living creatures have the red and yellow fill on them, and maybe the older they get, the fill gets dimmer? You can see entities in grass further away than you could with other ones, and there's a 50 percent chance (if you find it in a wanderer) that it adds + 1 venomous. other than that, i cant think of anything else for upsides.... i chose this because real snakes use this to find prey. now for stats. +1 strength,(+ 2 if venomous) + 1 venomous if... you know... venomous... +1 distasteful appearance, and +1 defense if its venomous, since predators are hesitant to attack. You can remove any of these if you think its too OP. Unlock- Travel to a full savanna island, and walk in grass 100 times, because snakes like to hang out in brush and tall grass. Bonus is they can kill rabbils immediately, regardless of attack. You can remove this if you want as well.

Rattle tail: Acts like the purr snout, in the way that you press a button to activate it. If you shake it, all ground predators will run away for 5 days, including killer bearyenas, but only if the nicheling than shook its tail had more attack. ( i dont know how high killer bearyena attack is. if its impossible to get higher than it, just forget the feature to scare them away, or just have it for one day.) Maybe theres more rings on the tail visibly depending on how old the nicheling is?  No stats added, just that ability. Unlock-  Use voice call on a stump 150 times, and attack 50 times. I wanted to make it hard, because of how strong the gene is.

-Downsides-

If you shake your tail, Wanderer nichelings will run away, as well as prey, and stagmoles go back into their burrows.

You scare young nichelets (what i call baby nichelings) in the tribe and out of it, and they get a "frightened" affliction and cant move for a day, unless one of their parents comfort them, removing their affliction. This affliction wil be negated if their parent is the nicheling with the rattle tail, and they will instead get a positive moodlet that boosts defense. Thats all for now!  Snake Snout Venomous drawing by me, non-venomous by NormalHuman (not a fish) below.210645346_Snakesnoutvenomous.thumb.png.011feaa1c8b87f4135e654cbb351068f.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

13 replies to this post

4 hours ago, Addyx in Wonderland said:

i dont know how high killer bearyena attack is. if its impossible to get higher than it, just forget the feature to scare them away, or just have it for one day.

Fairly sure KBs have either 3, 4, or 7 attack, and the maximum a Nicheling can have is 13.

Also, welcome to the forums!

• Like 1

If -- then suggestions and chance based systems have yet to be implemented. So you'd have permanent stats, and maybe the same thing as with rocks going on -- no rattle symbol or a greyed out icon. I guess having distasteful appearance might help for scaring predators? Bearyenas can't really smell strenght on a nicheling, and their's is pretty low.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, catsagainstdeterminism said:

If -- then suggestions and chance based systems have yet to be implemented. So you'd have permanent stats, and maybe the same thing as with rocks going on -- no rattle symbol or a greyed out icon. I guess having distasteful appearance might help for scaring predators? Bearyenas can't really smell strenght on a nicheling, and their's is pretty low.

Okay. thank you. Ill remove some stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Addyx in Wonderland said:

OH MY HECCING GOD THIS IS AMAZING I WAS GOING TO DO A SKETCH and now i dont feel good enough XD I think im gonna do the Venomous version...

I’d love to see your art style!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Addyx in Wonderland said:

OH MY HECCING GOD THIS IS AMAZING I WAS GOING TO DO A SKETCH and now i dont feel good enough XD I think im gonna do the Venomous version...

Thanks! And go ahead, I really want to see the way you draw

• Like 1