Stray Fawn Community

Small Cockpits

Conor2124

Smaller 1x1 versions of the main base block, they could be used in smaller detachable craft and with a press of a button the camera and controls switch to that specific cockpit allowing for multiple controllable crafts for different purposes rather than a behemoth that does everything.

Also the main block being destroyed will still signal a loss, possibly make the small cockpits highly explosive to balance it a little more.

• Like 2

4 replies to this post

We now have decouplers and camera tracker parts that allow you to build smaller drones you can control by yourself.

The only thing missing is the switch of the user controls.

This could be done by having a logic splitter that can be activated and deactivated together with the camera tracker.

• Like 1

Good idea. We are thinking about implementing a Camera-Dronepart, which lets you switch to where the camera focuses. With this you don't need other "small cockpits", but can still have smaller drones swarming around and you can focus the camera on them if you press the right key.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Markus said:

Good idea. We are thinking about implementing a Camera-Dronepart, which lets you switch to where the camera focuses. With this you don't need other "small cockpits", but can still have smaller drones swarming around and you can focus the camera on them if you press the right key.

Would the controls also switch over to the selected drone or would alternative controls be required?

• Like 1

Interesting, hmm. I think you have to program it yourself probably. From the top of my head I would probably implement something like for each satellite, you would have an AND gate with the e.g. WASD controls and an additional key like 1,2,3 or 4 and if you control the 1st drone, then if "1" is active you can use WASD. If "2" is active and you use WASD, you only control the 2nd drone. I think something like this would be needed. Maybe we need to add some logic parts to streamline this process. Good thinking!

• Like 3