Stray Fawn Community

Story mode tribe traditions/challenges

Sky

I'm gonna be making ANOTHER story mode tribe soon. I might make a playthrough out of it, but it's unlikely. Anyways, to make it more fun I want to have some fun traditions/challenges in it. For example, letting bluebirds take babies and babies that aren't taken are considered worthy for life. I keep getting bored with my tribes so I need a good challenge :) Please give suggestions!

• Eek! 2

I don't really play Story mode, but here:

-Each generation there is a new pair of leaders (aka main breeding pair), and they must be decended from Adam and Eve, both of them. They must have at least one female and one male, and even if they share immunity, they must breed as the next leaders

-Nichelings on their last days of life will either choose to die peacefully (IE: Old age) or do something useful for the tribe. (IE: Collect poisonous berries)

-Nichelings with stripes are considered the highest class, even above the leaders sometimes, as the stripes are seen as a sign that even though Adam has passed, he is still watching and waiting for them to return to his family.

-Maybe make a generator for some sort of ranks? Like, make some ranks, put them in a generator, then each child that becomes a teen gets a randomly generated rank. Even if they are completely unsuitable for that job (IE: Very buff nicheling picking berries) that is the job they must stick with, unless some unfortunate circumstances happen. (IE: Low on food)

That's all I've got, but if I think of more I'll tell you

• Like 1

List of rules, subjective to editing

• No mutations except for prehistoric
  • Each teen is given a rank
    • Leader/Heir—(middle gem) White—Leader's first born will be one of the next leaders, the other leader will be the heir's mate. Leaders still have their original role in addition to being a leader.
    • Gatherer—Red—Gathers any plant other than roots + termites (they'll have to work with a digger to get to them though)
    • Digger—Pink—half as common as other roles—Digs roots + worms and 'destroys' (digs up) bushes and termite hills
    • Hunter—Orange—kills stuff
    • Nestkeeper—Yellow—Retired breeding females only when they retire they roll to see if they change to Nestkeeper, one in 8 chance)—Females giving birth must have a Nestkeeper beside them. Children are watched over by Nestkeepers. Nestkeepers are the only creatures allowed to repair nests. They are allowed to clear out grass that is obscuring a nest, up to one tile away from the nest. They can feed peaceful bears.
    • Scout—Purple—Explores and collects grass. They can destroys rocks if needed, but not bushes.
    • Fisher—Green—May catch fish, collect kelp and seashells
  • Leaders
    • Leaders must be descended from Adam and Eve. Leaders must be the offspring of the previous leaders, unless there are no other options; if the previous leaders do not give birth to both males and females, the new leader may find a mate in a wanderer or bearyena; if there are no other options, they may take a mate in another tribemate. Leaders are allowed to do other things than their original roles give only in dire situations. (e.g. a explorer leader may gather food if their tribe is starving)
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Also you can still suggest new stuff

What if the leader assigned breeding pairs? (This would be more for a story plot but if they bred with anyone but their assigned mate they would be punished according to their rank or reputation, if they had a good rep then the punishment would be less severe but if they were a lower class or disliked the punishment would be severe)

• Like 1