Stray Fawn Community

Baneclan: A Warriors Playthrough

medicine cat

I'm back! I've decided that I've really missed playing Niche, and so I'm coming back with a new playthrough. I'm really out of practice, but I'm excited to be back. I'll be using my old Warriorcats challenge (will update later), and I'll be starting on Tiny Green since it's been a while. All genes will be enabled for variety. A review of rules:
My world settings can be found here.
Gene mutations, personalities, and gem colors for individual cats are selected with this gen. personality traits don't determine their entire personality, just give them a basis to start from when born.

Here's the culture of Baneclan (Culture based off a dragon from flight rising)
Baneclan consists of migrant cats of medium size. They are fiercely protective of their kits and mothers hover over them at all times. They aim for a small, tight knit clan. Their food of preference is meat, seafood, and insects, but they will eat berries in hard times.
Here are our starters:
Banestar.PNG.0b4590aa240c458b077870b6f0f2e8d9.PNG
From left to right: Banestar, Apple, Mumble, and Vine.
Banestar, originally named Bane, was chosen to be leader of the clan due to his serious and determined nature. He has handsome chestnut brown fur, and his mane is bristled and sharp. He brought the members of the clan together, looking to form a strong alliance between cats.
Apple is a humble, patient she-cat, and is never one to brag, despite her impressive claws and size, making her a good warrior.
Mumble is a shy and timid she-cat, and is the medicine cat of the clan. She has pretty golden fur and brown eyes. She gets along well with other members of the clan.
The deputy of the clan is Vine; he is a quiet and watchful warrior, with fur as black as night. He is close to Apple, and it is rumoured the two may have feelings for one another.

The four set out on a tiny, green island, looking to make their mark as a clan. Banestar orders the clan to start exploring and finding edible food, which they do.

• Eek! 2
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 2 / DAY 2

The clan spends some days gathering food; admittedly, this is a formidable task, since the cats of Baneclane don't much enjoy plants and prey so far is scarce. Vine and Ant spend much time hunting together. Eventually, he asks her to be his mate, to which she agrees.

Unfortunately, due to the good shortage, Banestar and Vine die, leaving just Apple and Mumble. Apple takes the place of leader, becoming Applestar.
"I don't know what I'm going to do, Mumble," confesses the she-cat.
"Starclan will guide us," replies Mumble meekly, tracing her paws nervously in the dirt.
"But that's not the problem. The problem is that I'm going to be having kits," says Applestar. "I don't know how I'm going to lead a clan and raise a kit without Vine. 
Mumble's eyes widen, and she shakes her head. "Maybe we should find some new cats to join the clan to help us."
"Banestar wouldn't have wanted that. You know how he felt about strangers."
"Applestar, we need new cats to survive," pleads Mumble. "At least let me look."
"Fine," sighs Applestar. "I will help search as my kit grows, as well."

Applestar gives birth to a beautiful blue-furred female kit, who she names Blossomkit. Blossomkit is a brave and intelligent young she-cat, and does the best to help her mother despite the situation the clan starts out in. Applestar takes great pride in her kit, keeping her close at all times. She tells her stories of her father, and of Banestar.
blossomkit.PNG.0e6601f2d4210f338e9711f7f5ffd9d3.PNG
To Applestar's horror, a bearyena approaches the clan one day while she is resting with her kit. Out of instinct, and without thinking, Applestar charges at the intruder.
"What are you thinking?!" Screams a voice in her mind. "You just had a kit; you can't fight like this. You're not at your full strength!"
Even so, Applestar digs her claws into the creature, raking them down its sides. Despite her best efforts, the creature is still standing. She holds her breath and braces for a blow. "Starclan, help me!"
Just then, Mumble comes out of the tall grass and leaps upon the back of the creature, digging her teeth into its shoulder. The beast growls in aggravation, but manages to take a step backward. This gives Applestar an opportunity to go for the final blow, which she does. She and Mumble survive the fight, while Blossomkit rushes to her mother as soon as she sees that it is safe to do so.

"It's okay," panted Applestar, exhausted. "We're safe."

Blossomkit eventually grows to be an apprentice, and due to a lack of warriors, Applestar takes her in as her apprentice. SHe is renamed Blossompaw.

Mumble notices herself getting weaker as the days go by, a deep pain in her stomach, and Starclan calls to her, telling her she is ill. Knowing her time is coming, she looks desperately for assistance. She encounters a dark-furred she-cat while gathering berries one day, and the she-cat seems to know her presence before Mumble even confronts her asking her to join the clan.
"Ho, there, clan cat," says the female. She is older than any cat in Baneclan, but she ripples with vitality. "You're looking for someone."
"Anyone, really," says Mumble, shyly. It's been a while since she's spoken to anyone aside from Applestar or Blossompaw. "We're needing members." She looks closer to see the old she-cat has glassy, white eyes- she can't see.
"I can tell by the herb scent in your pelt. You're a medicine cat," says the old she-cat, tilting her head to the side. "What's your name?"
"Mumble," said the she-cat. "Yours?"
"Teemingheart. I am a wandering medicine cat. One without a clan, for now. But it seems your clan already has one, so-"
"No!" protested Mumble. "We really need all the members we can get. Please join us."
"You want an old blind she-cat like me?" The old she-cat gives a crooked smile. "Alright, then."
Teemingheart is taken to camp, and introduced to Applestar and Blossompaw. She takes a liking to young Blossompaw, who sees great promise in.
Teemingheart.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

39 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

@Chiyanna Nah, I just go off whatever the game gives me :) This one is based off my challenge from 2018 for the most part, so I only really roll to determine genes and personality traits.

(I planned to do that too but I also decided they couldn't eat plant matter...plus I was on Sleepy Reeds and hadn't seen any prey besides fish! So I comprimised: I only roll for the number of creatures out on a hunting party that day/moon. I first roll to see if the hunting party encounters any extra prey at all, 50/50 chance. Then I roll for how much food they bring back, the numbers the random generator is set to varying with individual hunting skill (nothing concrete, just how good of a hunter that character is story-wise). Sometimes I roll for the type of prey for story purposes, sometimes not. They are still allowed to hunt actual game-generated creatures like fish, crabbits, and even worms, leeches, and clams (I looked it up and apparently cats can eat clams to my surprise??).

Your way is a lot less complex and less cheaty lol. No console commands needed!)

• Like 2

CHAPTER 3 / DAY 38
CLAN RANKS:
LEADER - Applestar: A tan, brown-speckled she-cat who took over the clan after the death of leader and deputy. She has coal-black eyes, and is modest and kind. Currently searching for a new deputy due to low clan numbers.

MEDICINE CAT - Teemingheart: A black-coated, blind old she-cat who joined the clan after being convinced by Mumble. Mumble has died to disease, so Teemingheart has become the medicine cat.
APPRENTICE - Blossompaw: Daughter of Applestar with beautiful blue fur and golden eyes. She is courageous and likes hearing stories of her deceased father, Vine.

Blossompaw becomes old enough to be a warrior! The night before she is promoted, Applestar steps into the medicine cat den where Teemingheart is resting. She is still getting used to Teemingheart being the medicine cat since the death of Mumble, and is still accepting the fact that she is the only original member of the clan left.
"Teemingheart, I need your assistance," says the leader, quietly. 
Teemingheart's ears perk up, but she does not turn to face Applestar. "Yes?"
"It's about a deputy for this clan. I don't know what I'm going to do. Blossompaw and I have looked, but we see no new cats on the horizon yet. I feel lost. If I were to die..."
"Blossompaw is almost a warrior," says Teemingheart. "Why not promote her?"
"She's my daughter, Teemingheart. That would be biased."
"Perhaps," says the old she-cat, "But I see a bravery shining out of her. One that could do Baneclan good in times of trouble. Give her a chance."
So the next night, Applestar conducts Blossompaw's apprentice ceremony. 
"You will be called Blossomkeeper," says Applestar, "For your bravery will preserve the future of Baneclan."
Blossomkeeper.png
Blossomkeeper nods to her mother gratefully, but she is stopped by Applestar. "And another thing, Blossomkeeper. I need you to be deputy of Baneclan."
"Mother, I-"
"This clan is going to grow, Blossomkeeper. It needs a brave leader; one like you."

A bearyena comes to attack the clan once more, but with the combined efforts of Appplestar and Blossomkeeper, the creature is taken down and is enough to provide food for the small clan for a few days. Applestar looks upon her daughter with pride.

Applestar eventually dies of old age, making Blossommkeeper leader and renamed into Blossomstar. However, Blossomstar finds herself alone when Teemingheart dies. Rough start for a leader. She begins intensifying her search for someone, anyone, to come alongside her. She ignores the time she used to spend hunting and instead gathers berries and prays to Starclan.

After what feels like moons of searching, Blossomstar encounters a strange-looking male named Fishtail. He is a wandering medicine cat rogue after being replaced in his clan by a newer, less nervous medicine cat. Both needing a companion and taking pity on the plight of the tom, Blossomstar makes him her medicine cat.
fishtail.png
"Blossomstar? Star? As in clan leader? But I thought a clan needed more members than just one..." The male thought out loud, oblivious to Blossomstar's annoyance.
Blossomstar flattened her ears. "That's what I'm working on, Fishtail."
"Well, maybe your problem is staying on this tiny island. I've heard there are more cats looking for clans in places beyond this, you know. We could gather some food and set off!"
That didn't seem like such a bad idea. "Then we'll prepare for that, Fishtail."

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

10 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(I planned to do that too but I also decided they couldn't eat plant matter...plus I was on Sleepy Reeds and hadn't seen any prey besides fish! So I comprimised: I only roll for the number of creatures out on a hunting party that day/moon. I first roll to see if the hunting party encounters any extra prey at all, 50/50 chance. Then I roll for how much food they bring back, the numbers the random generator is set to varying with individual hunting skill (nothing concrete, just how good of a hunter that character is story-wise). Sometimes I roll for the type of prey for story purposes, sometimes not. They are still allowed to hunt actual game-generated creatures like fish, crabbits, and even worms, leeches, and clams (I looked it up and apparently cats can eat clams to my surprise??).

Your way is a lot less complex and less cheaty lol. No console commands needed!)

That's a really cool idea!!! I"ll have to try your version sometime, it seems super fun!!!

• Eek! 1