Stray Fawn Community

CosmicChaos21's Homethread, where I'll talk about whatever Im obsessed with at the moment

CosmicChaos21

13 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

We're on the same wavelength apparently-

That's honestly fair, motivation can be really really tough to find sometimes(I mean look at me, I occasionally drop off the face of the forums for like 1-6 months because I lack the motivation to make more story) All I can say is if you can't think of story ideas use a random plot or even random word generator to try and generate ideas. But if you're just bored of the game itself at the moment than I can't really give too much advice, sometimes ya just gotta wait out the boredom.

Also thank you! Always nice to hear someone say they enjoy my writing/say my writing is good, always completely makes my day!

(I'm still working on that new playthrough btw but I made the mistake of 'watching youtube for just a few videos' and ended up completely forgetting lol)

a lot of the time i stop updating my playthroughs because i'm distracted playing other games or i can't access my nintendo switch at the moment, or i just don't feel motivated-

• Paw up 1

1 hour ago, Andromeda_ said:

a lot of the time i stop updating my playthroughs because i'm distracted playing other games or i can't access my nintendo switch at the moment, or i just don't feel motivated-

Fair enough, getting distracted is definitely a reason I've forgotten to update playthroughs of mine-

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably update my playthroughs sometime soon but I didn't want to accidentally get burnt out and vanish for like three months or something so yeah. Also in other news I know I have rainworld but that one is on playstation and I know there's mods so I got it on the laptop too now, and let me tell you trying to play it on pc after getting used to playstation controls is something else-

• Paw up 1

• 1 month later...

So uh I was clearing out my browser data because it was making the browser lag and uh I kinda...forgot that most of my playthrough notes (Character traits, backstories, worldbuilding stuff, etc.) are written on an online site that stores its data ON THE BROWSER so I may have lost several playthroughs worth of stuff, EXCEPT WildClan because I had scooted a back-up of it over to a different browser 'just in case, though I doubt I'll need it!' so uh at least I have that because if I lost that one I straight up might've cried-

So now I'm debating whether or not to continue the playthrough I just made yesterday because while it is brand new in the background I had over 5,000 words of worldbuilding and character backstories and cannot for the life of me remember all of that and didn't get to really let all the nicheling's personalities ~shine~ yet.

So I might just make a new playthrough for now until I decide whether or not I want to re-write all that.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

So uh I was clearing out my browser data because it was making the browser lag and uh I kinda...forgot that most of my playthrough notes (Character traits, backstories, worldbuilding stuff, etc.) are written on an online site that stores its data ON THE BROWSER so I may have lost several playthroughs worth of stuff, EXCEPT WildClan because I had scooted a back-up of it over to a different browser 'just in case, though I doubt I'll need it!' so uh at least I have that because if I lost that one I straight up might've cried-

So now I'm debating whether or not to continue the playthrough I just made yesterday because while it is brand new in the background I had over 5,000 words of worldbuilding and character backstories and cannot for the life of me remember all of that and didn't get to really let all the nicheling's personalities ~shine~ yet.

So I might just make a new playthrough for now until I decide whether or not I want to re-write all that.

Do what you think is best, if you're really passionate about it I'd suggest rewriting it, but if you can't remember anything and don't have the head for it then don't bother. 

But that honestly sucks so baaad rip :(. 

7 hours ago, Stranger said:

Do what you think is best, if you're really passionate about it I'd suggest rewriting it, but if you can't remember anything and don't have the head for it then don't bother. 

But that honestly sucks so baaad rip :(. 

Yeah I honestly wasn't attached to the characters yet due to it being so brand new, but this new plauthrough I'm writing is honestly really fun for me to write (I love worldbuilding so much sometimes-) so I have that to motivate me until I figure out how to continue WildClan's plot! :3

• Eek! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never post my art stuff but I like this drawing so I'll toss it on here, I love playing clangen and this guy is ConeStar! He has a grumpy personality but is really sweet towards his clanmates, this specific drawing is when he was comforting a kit named Sablekit because he wasn't getting along with his clanmates. My idea is that since Sablekit also has a grumpy personality I wonder if he understands Sablekit more than most of his clanmates do.

2.thumb.png.cd08375db659ab0da20266769ee7c6f9.png

• Love 3

The advantages of looking at my homethread is that you get to on very rare occasion see playthrough related stuff I don't wanna clog the actual playthrough thread with, like this art of Blossompaw after the whole Tigerthorn situation.

2.thumb.png.770d71a9aeb5a7b026a25d1612823d87.png

• Love 1

1 hour ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

The advantages of looking at my homethread is that you get to on very rare occasion see playthrough related stuff I don't wanna clog the actual playthrough thread with, like this art of Blossompaw after the whole Tigerthorn situation.

2.thumb.png.770d71a9aeb5a7b026a25d1612823d87.png

Ok but you're actually so good at drawing, I love Blossompaw so much! 

49 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Ok but you're actually so good at drawing, I love Blossompaw so much! 

Thank you so much! :D!!! But yea I have to agree, Blossompaw is one of my best written characters in my opinion so I'm glad you like her so much!

• Eek! 1

Behold a TwigStar and some drawing+shading practice! (I took many creative liberties with the chest fur and tail because no one can stop me >:3) Also I added lots of texture to the mane, cheek, chest, and tail fur because I think he has stiffer/rougher fur! Also kinda feels like it fits the Twig prefix-

2.thumb.png.cd5c1f95f4a070ffbe9addaae4406343.png

• Love 2

A bit out of nowhere but if any of you have some good/interesting warrior cat prefix and suffixes I'd appreciate if y'all threw them my way, not for any particular reason but just because I'd love to have some extra ideas in case I need to name any of my characters for my playthroughs in the future and can't think of any off the top of my head :3

5 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

A bit out of nowhere but if any of you have some good/interesting warrior cat prefix and suffixes I'd appreciate if y'all threw them my way, not for any particular reason but just because I'd love to have some extra ideas in case I need to name any of my characters for my playthroughs in the future and can't think of any off the top of my head :3

Hehehe im glad you asked

Prefixes: 

-Wisteria 

-Soul 

-Lava 

-Hyena 

-Marine 

-Skunk 

-Scarlet 

-Dazzle 

-Fading

-Frosted

Suffixes: 

-Strike 

-Streak 

-Spirit 

-Fangs 

-Step/Steps

Just now, Andromeda_ said:

Hehehe im glad you asked

Prefixes: 

-Wisteria 

-Soul 

-Lava 

-Hyena 

-Marine 

-Skunk 

-Scarlet 

-Dazzle 

-Fading

-Frosted

Suffixes: 

-Strike 

-Streak 

-Spirit 

-Fangs 

-Step/Steps

half of these are from OCs or clangen cats of mine lol

2 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

I can't think of any right now, but clangen has some pretty good randomly generated names

2 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

Hehehe im glad you asked

Prefixes: 

-Wisteria 

-Soul 

-Lava 

-Hyena 

-Marine 

-Skunk 

-Scarlet 

-Dazzle 

-Fading

-Frosted

Suffixes: 

-Strike 

-Streak 

-Spirit 

-Fangs 

-Step/Steps

Thank you for all the cool ideas! Can't promise they'll be used anytime soon but next time I need a name I'll remember these!

41 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I can't think of any right now, but clangen has some pretty good randomly generated names

Yea I play clangen all the time and SOMEHOW didn't even think of using it to come up with names- Thanks for the suggestion :3

• Paw up 1

Hello everyone! I would love to write more WildClan but unfortunately I decided to try and delete the personality descriptions for the dead nichelings and then mindlessly closed the writing site only for me to now realize that in deleting some descriptions I also managed to delete ALL OF THE WHISPERCLAN NICHELINGS DESCRIPTIONS-

I had our main 3's personalities in a word doc but didn't get around to putting the WhisperClan nichelings into it yet so now I'm going to have to rewrite a LOT of stuff, so if their personalities seem a bit off next time I update WildClan that's why-

• Sad 1

On 12/13/2023 at 11:51 AM, CosmicChaos21 said:

Hello everyone! So first off I've been using rainworld's arena mode to try and get better at fighting, I am improving at beating up scavs (In preparation because I may still be on survivor's playthrough but I need to get better for my inevitable artificer playthrough-) Turns out that the strategy of 'hide in a tunnel and wait for them to get close before snatching the items out of their hands' is pretty effective! Nothing funnier than snatching the explosive spear from their own hands-

Also just for fun these are the games I'm currently hyperfixated on :3 (Talk to me about them if you'd like)

-Rainworld

-Wolfquest AE(Anniversery Edition)

-Slime Rancher 2

-Niche

-The Sapling

-Fish Game   (Yes that's literally what it's called, it's basically just taking care of fish and designing their aquariums :3)

I'm into all of those games except the sapling as I no nothing about it 

On 3/26/2024 at 5:54 PM, WeevilWood said:

I'm into all of those games except the sapling as I no nothing about it 

The sapling is a game where you mostly just watch an ecosystem evolve, more specifically the creatures and the plants!

Fish game is a really fun game for me to play in short bursts because I love designing the tanks, the newest update introducing the ability to rotate plants as a small part of the update is a neat! Also the fact the fish can now follow your cursor sometimes after having them a while is such an amazing feature to me considering when I had a betta he would follow my finger around if I put it near the glass :3

What's your favorite game to play right now? (if you have one)

I got an art tablet yesterday and I'm getting used to it, bit of a learning curve especially considering I'm also getting used to a new art program, but I'm trying to figure out how it works so here's some very rough doodles. More specifically doodles of me struggling with deciding on a design for Crowshade, and I just realized there's no quills on any of these doodles- I'm making the artistic decision that she WILL have a tail in my design of her though because I'm the artist and no one can stop me!

2.thumb.png.48d872c75b7cae118b06a11c1bc94c9f.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

I kinda want to change my profile pic, I'm thinking of having it be Magma (I hope someone at least remembers her from an old playthrough of mine-)

But a small part of my brain is like 'No make it a WildClan character like Mossbeetle!' so I am low-key struggling-

It'll be funny to finally have a profile pic after like three years without one though :3

• Eek! 1

Time for me to start another playthrough because I have 0 ideas/motive to write more WildClan at the moment and I have been listening to songs that give me a really strong and cool idea for a character that I unfortunatly cannot fit into any existing playthroughs without seeming out of nowhere/sudden (Or because I simply don't want to figure out how they would interact and/or clash with the existing characters!)

Yes I am very active today mostly because I am buzzing with so much creative energy at the moment and don't want to waste it.

But first I'm gonna play with random generators because I have to have SOME rules/caste system/etc. or else I will get bored, but if I have too many rules I will be annoyed so wish me luck y'all-

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1