Stray Fawn Community

Chiyanna's homethread where I post links to Youtube videos

Chiyanna

I finally have one! And since I'm me I will probably be using this to post links to threads I've already made mainly, and also links to things other people do that I find interesting. I may also do some random discussion about other games and memes and youtube videos like would probably be expected of a homethread, but I may also use this as a way to join together all my niche worlds and stories and have discussion about them.

To start off how about some shameful self-promotion by putting another link to the thing I've been putting on anyplace that makes sense.

But seriously, this series is what got me started in the playthroughs section. This save was the first one I made upon getting Niche again, (as evidenced from the fact that it is named New Game, meaning I hadn't yet figured out how to name saves). That topic was one of the first I made here on the forums. So it only makes sense that this should be my first post here on my new homethread. I'm so glad that all of you make this forums such a fun place, and I'm glad I started down this journey by posting my youtube videos on here. So enjoy my new homethread that I've posted in the Niche section to copy A Nicheling because I started here in the Niche section and most of the content I read and write is here. I'm sure the mods can move it if needed in the future, but I hope they don't, even if it gets a bit off topic for Niche. Unless it becomes never about Niche ever, in which case I guess it would make sense.

• Like 2

Here's another link to my new Niche video on youtube!

This is the next episode of my storymode series where we explore the swamp/rainforest? (correct me on this island type please) island. I'm trying to do a strategy of getting to the port ASAP while also having the bearyena descendent Anarame of the red-blue-red line have as many children as possible since she is nearing death. Also a bearyena attacks, threatening the carefully selected genepool because if one nicheling dies, it is likely the genes that got them selected and their family line die with them.

• Like 1

whenever i do a story mode playthrough i either lose home island immunity because Adam passed it down to only one kid, get bored and delete the save, die because everyone has the same immunity genes or some other reason. good on you for surviving lol

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

whenever i do a story mode playthrough i either lose home island immunity because Adam passed it down to only one kid, get bored and delete the save, die because everyone has the same immunity genes or some other reason. good on you for surviving lol

Thank you! I'm also surprised to be in such a good position going into the mid-level islands, but scared none-the-less because I've never gotten to the hard levels in story mode before.

I'm just generally very careful and organized. I carefully select breeding partners and mark them so I don't forget, I also mark family lines not only to easily tell who's related but give me a sense of their history and give me something to shoot for for that line. For instance, pink line became a line of healers generally, and red line (specifically red-blue) is becoming our line of fighters, and green line is our nutcrackers and fishers. I am just as careful with food gathering,  choosing not to speedrun archipelago and instead slowly populating each island in order to stockpile food and prevent deaths from drowning damage. This advantage had a flip side of me spending over 40 episodes on one island, though, which I can't really say I'm proud of since it made the series boring for a while lol

I also got very lucky getting a purrsnout creature early on which I bred with three females (as they were near death). But I think my best strategy has been to breed like crazy. My Adam and Eve had over 7 children (maybe even 10, though I can't know for sure because that was so long ago and I wasn't recording back then). Since then I've always paired up pretty much anyone I can and made sure they had enough children so that at least one would get the genes I was looking for and/or survive. 

However since I don't have too much experience surviving harder islands and we don't really have a lot of strength or other enviroment specific adaptations, I'm unsure if I can guide this group to home island and successfully complete story mode for the first time. But I love the stories I've made with my nichelings and the history of their tribe and it has been a fun journey,  that's what really matters. Anyway, thanks for your feedback and I probably wrote way too much back lol I tend to be on the wordy side. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fox leaf said:

How did I not see you have a homethread!?

*Revenge.... Soon...*

I made it not that long ago :)

I've also only posted on it like... Three times

Welcome to the homethread... 

Odd underlined text that is plotting to kill me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Modiano Ourania said:

Should I move this to off-topic?

Well in my first post I said I was copying @A Nicheling's homethread by putting it here. Plus I mainly hang out in the Niche section anyway. 

So if a nicheling's homethread has been moved then move it. But since my homethread is mainly niche focused so far it's probably alright here. 

Maybe ask another mod if you're not sure? I wouldn't want to break the rules of the forum or clog up the niche section. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

Well in my first post I said I was copying @A Nicheling's homethread by putting it here. Plus I mainly hang out in the Niche section anyway. 

So if a nicheling's homethread has been moved then move it. But since my homethread is mainly niche focused so far it's probably alright here. 

Maybe ask another mod if you're not sure? I wouldn't want to break the rules of the forum or clog up the niche section. 

My homethread is niche only basically, I think yours is too. I think it can stay here?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

My homethread is niche only basically, I think yours is too. I think it can stay here?

On 2/7/2023 at 7:18 AM, Modiano Ourania said:

Should I move this to off-topic?

Uh maybe it should be moved now that I posted something not really niche related? 

Also I may start posting clan gen stuff too so I guess if it has to be Niche only to stay here instead of mostly Niche then it may need moved. 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

8 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Uh maybe it should be moved now that I posted something not really niche related? 

Also I may start posting clan gen stuff too so I guess if it has to be Niche only to stay here instead of mostly Niche then it may need moved. 

Thanks Mod the mod!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here's the first ever video I made a proper thumbnail for! Turn the volume up, my commentary is a bit muted, but at least I reduced that annoying background noise!

Description:

Our clan is called SavannaClan, a new clan which lives in burrows underneath a vast grassy plains. They used to be another clan generations ago, but upon their home being destroyed they wandered around until they found this place where they could easily catch prey and escape predators using their swiftness. But with so few members, and an unknown truly deadly danger able to strike suddenly any moon, will they be able to survive?

This is the origin story of SavannaClan, one of the five clans of RemnantClan. I didn't really touch on this in my video, but it's true none-the-less. Enjoy me freaking out over the rat attacks and lack of adult cats and kits in our clan as our small clan is reduced even more in numbers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peanutpup77 said:

How did you get this version of the game? It looks really fun!

This tutorial should help:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdC-t4ZZ_KQ&pp=ygUgQ2xhbiBnZW5lcmF0b3IgZG93bmxvYWQgdHV0b3JpYWw%3D

This one is outdated and has a link to a more recent tutorial in description, but this one was the one I used originally :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Peanutpup77 said:

Thank you!

You're welcome :) just remember to watch the video in the description with captions on cause they don't narrate.

And I would watch both videos cause that's what helped me get a good handle on it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I made another Clan generator video....

I am being unfaithful to Niche

This is exactly the reason this needed to be moved to off topic lol. Anyway, don't worry if you would rather see more Niche videos cause I am working on editing one right now! (I haven't edited much in the past as my early Niche videos attest, but I'm making my audio better and occasionally cutting things out now). But if you're one of the over 150 view(ers) that have watched my Clan Gen videos so far, thank you for your support :) It is awesome to have a single video about to break 150 views. Ep 2 hasn't done so well yet, but I think partly that's because it is an episode 2, (and not 1, ep 1 almost always gets more views), partly cause it wasn't posted on a weekend, and partly cause I haven't yet posted a link on here for you guys! Also, I am always open to tips and constructive criticism, so let me know what you like about the videos, and what needs to be improved. Plus, for that matter, let me know things about thumbnails too, cause I am just now starting to make them and could use some tips! So, if you have a bit of time, tell me which thumbnail you like better, Clan Gen ep 1, or Clan Gen ep 2. The thumbnail should be the first thing you see before you click on the embedded video and it starts playing!

Our clan is called SavannaClan, a new clan which lives in burrows underneath a vast grassy plains. They used to be another clan generations ago, but upon their home being destroyed they wandered around until they found this place where they could easily catch prey and escape predators using their swiftness. But with so few members, and an unknown truly deadly danger able to strike suddenly any moon, will they be able to survive?

**Spoiler notice!!** 

Highlight the white text under this sentence to read

This episode, it at first seems like we left our bumpy start behind us, with Featherbracken's rat bite being healed. But it leaves her leg permanently injured. And we start getting ominous messages about the clan not having enough prey, leading me to believe the clan is slowly starving. Down a member after the death of our first medicine cat, with Leopardeye having earned her medicine cat name, we desperately need more members to hunt, but none have come so far. And to make matters worse, yellowcough has started spreading around the camp, infecting nearly half our clan! Does SavannaClan have what it takes to get through this?

• Like 1

• Chiyanna changed the title to Chiyanna's homethread where I post links to Youtube videos

**Spoiler Notice!**

Highlight the white text below to read the description

This episode, the threat of the plague begins to abate as Tumbleheart is cured. There is also a glimmer of hope for the future of the clan when Talonhorse finds an abandoned kit named Weedkit and adopts her. And when Quailstar loses a life to starvation and sickness it almost seems like a blessing, since her yellowcough is now cured and she can patrol again. But then I made a devastating mistake, on a hunting patrol I proceed when twolegs are spotted. The result leaves the clan grieving, it’s members reeling, trying to figure out how to deal with their loss. And it is revealed just how beloved this one cat was in the clan, and maybe even why some members were hostile with others. Is it possible that 3 or more members actually loved this one cat? Regardless, now that he is gone, the clan’s future is yet again uncertain.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:55 PM, Chiyanna said:

You're welcome :) just remember to watch the video in the description with captions on cause they don't narrate.

And I would watch both videos cause that's what helped me get a good handle on it

I'm sorry, but could you please link the newer video? My phone has child lock (only disables once your 16, sadly) and the descriptions on YouTube dont show up. 

• Paw up 1