Stray Fawn Community

Make the gravity sensor detect nearby hives/large enemies

Fire209

Make the gravity sensor detect nearby hives, or eggs for the snake mission, or even bio barrels. they could also detect any large monsters on the world, like the snake, or the lava shark, or bosses if those get added in

• Like 2

2 replies to this post

Ideally, I would love that the player is able to detect and target all possible entities in the world of Nimbatus. Not yet sure of feasible that is, but might be useful. At the very least I would like you to be able to detect anything which is needed to build fully autonomous drones which can solve all the missions we have in the game.

I know I've posted before about having an 'angle' to detectors that is inversely proportional to the maximum range.  Why not treat them like directional sensors?  Directional sensors have a range and an angle of 0-360.  Zero degrees is a straight line with a long maximum range, and as you increase the angle, the maximum range goes down.  You can have a short-ranged omnidirectional sensor, or a long-ranged laser sensor.

You can set two arcs up with a gap between them, and these can be used almost as a directional sensor; anything falling within the arc of your sensors, you can align a weapon on.

I would suggest making these function like a directional sensor, with two halves and a tolerance, but that might be a little overcomplex, and I don't think two sensors is overkill for a targeting system.  (The directional sensor is way too big, but the directional sensors not so much.)