Stray Fawn Community

HELP?! My saves are all mixed up!?

bostonlobstah

So I have been doing all sorts of stuff, moving saves around. I go in to play my snow tribe and it loads up the same save, but at an earlier time!! I swear my tribe was there before, this is all I did below:

- Had all the saves in there. Snow save noted and accounted for. Copied all saves and moved into backup folders. 

- Switched to older version. Deleted the 3 saves in slots (including snow tribe), but they supposedly had a backup. Played in 0.1.5 for a bit.

- Changed back to 1.1.4. Put old deleted saves back into the slots. 

- Try to play Slot 1 and get my tribe from the past instead of now?? (not older version, to clarify. Just my tribe at an earlier stage)

- Go back out. Retry putting slot back in from backup. Still doesn't work.

- Got back out. Deleted the 0.1.5 save from the slots because it was still in there as the last one

- Rummages in trash for a possible deleted save, and finds about 10 past files called 'Slot1.nichesave.'

What should I do?? Rummage in the trash and try out each save until I find the right one? Or did I just lose my tribe??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Philo

Did you name them anything specific? Or did you move the backup folders on accident possibly?

Possibly. I always forget to name my saves so this one is just "New Game." So are literally all my other saves so of course that makes it SSOOOO much easier to find the save I'm looking for x.x

13 minutes ago, Philo said:

No idea what is going on here.
I will ask @Micha tomorrow if he has a sugestion, but it's currently midnight in Switzerland.
Hope it will work out >_<

Thanks :) I think I will scrounge through my trash can some more to see...I must have accidentally deleted the save when I was putting the slots back in...or maybe it happened when I deleted it from the 0.1.5 menu because it was incompatible...however I still don't understand why my tribe at around 350 days would be in the place of the same tribe at 400. :/ Weird.

I did have an issue before with multiple saves in one 'slot.' I wonder if that has to do with it. I know it happened with Slot4, when I would download a new Slot4 and it would be called ' Slot4 (1).nichesave ' . I had tons of these with different numbers, sometimes in the same slot folder. And when I played one, a new save was made as well, just called regular old ' Slot4.nichesave.' It got really confusing. Once I was playing my Immortal Bostonlobstah save and there was an older (as in DAYS) version on 'top' of the newer version. Once I deleted the older one, another one appeared below it, I deleted it again and it was fine. 

I think from now on I will be sure to name all my saves. It's easy for me to forget though, and I never know what will become of the tribe!

• Like 2